"Looney Tunes Cartoons" News & Discussion Thread

• Enter to win two tickets to Whisper of the Heart. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

wiley207

Jan 20, 2009
USA
Also regarding Carl Johnson's music, could this mean he and the orchestra will be working on the impending "Animaniacs" revival coming out next year?

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
www.deviantart.com

Here's an interview that Pete Browngardt and Alex Kirwan took part in.

DeanBurrito25

Jan 15, 2009
mattdeanart.com
I wanna see the look on some animation snob's faces when they find out the man who is spearheading these shorts was also responsible for Uncle Grandpa. ;)

That was beautiful! Definitely has me jazzed to see more. Seems like WB listened to everyone's complaints about current adaptations and just gave us classic Looney Tunes fun. They really nailed the late 1930s/early 1940s aesthetic to a tee. I'm enamored.

Jonwo

Sep 27, 2009
London
Dynamite Dance was a fun short, I think with various lengths, they don't have to stick with a rigid structure which can lead to different ideas.

I'll be curious to see if WB follows this up with their other animated properties, a Tom and Jerry series of shorts would be very funny and I think they're developing Hanna Barbera shorts as well.

Reactions: RoyalRubble

wiley207

Jan 20, 2009
USA
I wanna see the look on some animation snob's faces when they find out the man who is spearheading these shorts was also responsible for Uncle Grandpa. ;)
I know, right? It's especially ironic given that Cartoon Network intended "Uncle Grandpa" as their replacement for "The Looney Tunes Show" in 2013.

Reactions: Fone Bone

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
Sep 3, 2013
Man oh man, does this bode well for what's to come. I've always thought you can't do a revival that doesn't feel like a diet version of the original, but this is very much proving me wrong right now. It blows "New Looney Tunes" completely out of the water, and it's just highly impressive to see something this incredibly faithful.

Now if only they can clue us in as to how these will be released. It's like the one thing we don't know about this series as of now.

Jonwo

Sep 27, 2009
London
Man oh man, does this bode well for what's to come. I've always thought you can't do a revival that doesn't feel like a diet version of the original, but this is very much proving me wrong right now. It blows "New Looney Tunes" completely out of the water, and it's just highly impressive to see something this incredibly faithful.

Now if only they can clue us in as to how these will be released. It's like the one thing we don't know about this series as of now.
I imagine it'll be a mix of platforms like YouTube, the WarnerMedia streaming service and perhaps if it's a long enough short, attached to family films like Scoob.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
I imagine some shorts were considered or made especially for theatrical release. If they're trying to re-create the classic Looney Tunes, I think having new content premiere before movies in theaters would be one of the first thing they'd do.

Anyway - I enjoyed this preview. It's almost as if they're trying to let us know there will be lots of explosions and classic music and stuff, as in the original shorts, some things that have been kind of missing lately. I enjoyed Wabbit/New Looney Tunes occasionally, but this looks like it will be more fun and closer to the classic toons.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oct 22, 2012
Belgium
"Contemporary" Looney Tunes have been done to death at this point (with mixed results.) I like seeing things going old school.
Done to death? Huh? They have never done a contemporary Looney Tunes. Either we get something completely un-Looney Tunes (The LT Show, Loonatics Unleashed etc.), or we get the same jokes from the classic cartoons over and over again (Wabbit).

These current designs, animation and music are fantastic. I really hope this is not another Wabbit. It would be a complete waste of animation IMO.

Sorry if I sound too negative. It's just that this sneak peek with nothing but explosions didn't give me a good impression, although the critic in me would give it at least 8/10.

Jonwo

Sep 27, 2009
London
I imagine some shorts were considered or made especially for theatrical release. If they're trying to re-create the classic Looney Tunes, I think having new content premiere before movies in theaters would be one of the first thing they'd do.
The CGI Looney Tunes shorts were attached to a number of WB family films so I would guess that'll be the case with the new Looney Tunes Cartoons although probably not until next year because Warner Bros hasn't got any family films coming up this year.

I'm not sure how long Mummy Dummy is but that'd be the perfect short to pair with Scoob, a Sylvester and Tweety short with Tom and Jerry would be a good match, not sure if they'd have a Looney Tunes short before Space Jam 2 but I won't rule it out.

Leviathan

"It's against nature!"
Staff member
"Contemporary" Looney Tunes have been done to death at this point (with mixed results.) I like seeing things going old school.
The Looney Tunes Show proved how modernization doesn't really work in the characters' favor.

Plus this will be a good way to reintroduce people to the classic characters; better Force Awakens than Phantom Menace.

Reactions: Fone Bone

jaylop97

Staff member
Oct 5, 2014
Austin, Texas
The Dynamite short was pretty straightforward. I will say the animation was pretty great, but the dynamite gag got old really quick, from Bugs his stick is usually to bamboozle Elmer Fudd, I mean the more dynamites we're funny in a way to how much he'd stack and Elmer would still keep chasing him.

Still I can't wait to see what else is in store, I really was impressed with what has WB been cooking up with this show.

Reactions: Red Arrow

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Carlos Gutierrez wrote on PinkiePie97's profile.
I really do need to see Unikitty, Puppycorn, Dr. Fox, Hawkodile, and Richard come back for more new adventures this summer!
Happy Father's Day to all dads out there (including my own)!
Homestar Runner was trending yesterday and I didn't notice. Is the series all up ons again?
Amphibia looks pretty deece so far. The premise is like the isekai anime genre, except the main protagonist isn't stuck in a typical fantasy RPG world that most isekai anime take place in.