Looney Tunes Altered Versions Discussion v2 (or, the Looney Tunes Dumping Ground)

Moe

I learned that HBO Max currently has 516 LT/MM shorts out of 1,041 and Boomerang streaming app has 428 LT/MM shorts.

I didn't realize that Looney Tunes Fandom claimed that some shorts like Bugsy and Mugsy, Saddle Silly, From Hand to Mouse, many Speedy Gonzales shorts got removed after initially added to HBO Max, also some information about availability on Looney Tunes Fandom are outdated as some shorts get removed without our knowledge, so no one know until you look and find whichever went missing. HBO Max hasn't give a reason about why those shorts are removed, also HBO Max has many missing pieces of shorts.

Cool_Cat

And that's the whole reason why I prefer physical media.

I have some bad recordings of a few of the removed ones, and some not at all, like Hamateur Night which I'd love to see remastered.

Moe

I wish that Warner Bros is doing better with iTunes - too many duplicate and iTunes have around nearly 300 shorts out of 1,041 after exclude all duplicates. I would love to see WB to offer 1,000 shorts on iTunes but I won't hold my breath on that.

I believe that Looney Tunes DVD collection usually carried around over 500 cartoons in total.

Cool_Cat

I saw that iTunes playlist. They threw everything already available in there, so duplicates and such.

In any case, due to the fact they delete shorts out of nowhere, I don't feel bad at all for downloading them.

Last edited:

Moe

I saw that iTunes playlist. They threw everything already available in there, so duplicates and such.

In any case, due to the fact they delete shorts out of nowhere, I don't feel bad at all for decrypting DRMed files.
Oh wow, I don't realize that they deleted shorts and it was crazy on WB's move. I hopefully they don't mess with my existing library.

I learned that Golden Collection DVD have some shorts that never released on iTunes, Boomerang nor HBO Max but many are duplicates, especially if customers own DVD and digital copy.

EmitterCollector

Just another brick in the wall... of Wackyland!
Out of boredom, I decided to synchronize some of the Romanian dubbed LT shorts that I have on the LTCG vol3 rip to their computer colorized versions. So far, the only three B/W era shorts I have successfully synchronized are:

Porky Pig's Feat (on which I replaced the opening due to brightness issues, similar to the CC print of Daffy Duckaroo)
Porky and Teabiscuit
The Film Fan

I am still trying to source more romanian dubs where possible, and so far this is what I have synchronized to the romanian dubs:

-AAP print of Slick Hare (it's in quite a rough shape, but it'll do.)
-Daffy Duck Slept Here (with reconstructed HD AAP titles and opening, former sourced from a recently surfaced Uncle Tom's Bungalow print, and the latter from the LTGC vol3 DVD)
-Hollywood Capers (with Sunset titles in better quality)
-The Wacky Wabbit (AAP print)
-Fin'n Catty (also with reconstructed AAP opening)

Moe

I learned that HBO Max removed 5 LT/MM shorts that dropped the number to 511 now and they had 516 in March.

HBO Max didn't disclose about whichever specific shorts are removed.

Shame on HBO Max and WB. :mad:

NewBogus :)

You're fired!
I learned that HBO Max removed 5 LT/MM shorts that dropped the number to 511 now and they had 516 in March.

HBO Max didn't disclose about whichever specific shorts are removed.

Shame on HBO Max and WB. :mad:

But at the same time, HBO Max Latin America released several shorts that were not available in the US streaming service, i.e.: Stork Naked (in Fullscreen), Bushy Hare, Stooge for a Mouse, Tortilla Flaps, Rebel Rabbit (also available on Amazon Video in HD), etc.

Reactions: Moe

Moe

I just made a list of Looney Tunes shorts available on iTunes to avoid the duplicate.

Some collection isn't on list because of duplicate.

There is LT/MM 365 shorts available on iTunes, excluding all duplication. That means 35% of LT/MM shorts are available out of 1,041.

Feel free to use this guide to help with your purchase.

Attachments

• Looney Tunes iTunes Database.zip
    3.6 KB · Views: 187

Cool_Cat

I can't edit my old post. The Elmer Fudd MGM tape has in its full version Bingo Crosbyana, She Was an Acrobat's Daughter, I'm a Big Shot Now and Rhapsody in Rivets.

Moe

Meanwhile, "The Prize Pest" and "It's Nice To Have A Mouse Around the House" became available on iTunes in HD: ‎Stars of Space Jam: Looney Tunes Collection
New shorts added to iTunes

1) Hare and Loathing in Las Vegas
2) Superior Duck
3) Daffy's Rhapsody
4) My Generation G…G…Gap
5) The Prize Pest
6) Freudy Cat
7) Museum Scream
8) Little Go Beep
9) The Whizzard of Ow
10) Cock-A-Doodle-Duel
11) The Egg-Cited Rooster
12) Jumpin' Jupiter
13) Invasion of the Bunny Snatchers
14) A Bird in a Bonnet
15) It's Nice to Have a Mouse Around the House

WB slipped 3 episodes of The LT Show in collection.

Pato Pateta

Guys, check this out!
bandicam 2021-08-07 16-21-04-197.png

LooneyTuney18

I wasn't aware until recently but the "Stars of Space Jam" DVD set got a R2 release this September, with English and French audio. It has the same content changes from the VHS collection and despite it being released way after the new waves of LT restorations, it surprisingly still uses unrestored transfers for the same handful of shorts... except "Tree Cornered Tweety", which is featured with its I Love Tweety restoration (and not the HBO Max one!). Not much else to say about this but still a nice surprise x)
vlcsnap-2021-12-30-14h36m56s803.png

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Probably fake.
It is. Bugs Bunny Nips the Nips hasn't aired on TV since it was featured in the 2001 Toonheads special "The Wartime Cartoons", which focused on these cartoons and was accompanioned by a voiceover explaining how Japanese stereotypes in World War II cartoons tended to be very cruel.

wiley207

I'm pretty sure most of you have heard of this by now, but the forum was down when it happened. HBO Max removed all the 1951-2004 "Looney Tunes" shorts at the very end of December 2022, as another tax-write off from that fiend David Zaslav. HBO Max even lied to us at one point and said it was just a "temporary" maintenance check! So for now, we're gonna have to rely on MeTV airings and those worn-out TV prints on the Boomerang streaming app...

...OR the newly-restored cartoons featured on Warner Archive's "Looney Tunes: Collector's Choice Vol. 1" Blu-Ray!
1694263147471.png

This includes "Catch as Cats Can", "The Unruly Hare", "His Bitter Half", "Daffy Doodles", "Cracked Quack", "Little Orphan Airedale", "Hip Hip- Hurry!", "Hot-Rod and Reel!", "Greedy for Tweety", "Stooge for a Mouse", "A Mouse Divided", "A Fractured Leghorn", "Plop Goes the Weasel!", "A Tale of Two Mice", "The Foxy Duckling", "Two Gophers from Texas", "Doggone Cats", "What's Brewin', Bruin?", "The Bee-Deviled Bruin", and at long last, "Beanstalk Bunny!" Since that short had some damage to its' negative preventing its' restoration for years, they got around that by taking the damaged scene from a theatrical print, and upscaling it with color correction. It does stick out a little, but it's great to have the cartoon remastered in HD nonetheless.

Moe

HBO Max removed all the 1951-2004 "Looney Tunes" shorts at the very end of December 2022, as another tax-write off from that fiend David Zaslav.
Looney Tunes shorts are too old to be written off for tax purpose and if it does, most of Looney Tunes would be unavailable to the public.

Most of Looney Tunes are just removed from HBO Max but they aren't written off.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts