Looney Tunes Altered Versions Discussion v2 (or, the Looney Tunes Dumping Ground)

Cool_Cat

@NewBogus :) Yea, they forgot to cut it on the Boomerang streaming service. That one comes from the second JP DVD, the only PAL copy I've ever seen on TV from that batch was Snow Business on RSI La 1.

NewBogus :)

You're fired!

Meanwhile, found in the depths of Internet Archive: Digital Library of Free & Borrowable Books, Movies, Music & Wayback Machine. A rare screenshot of the beginning of "What's Cookin' Doc?" with Bugs watchin' a footage of this short. Taken from Bob Clampett Show that was aired on Adult Swim.

Boomerang USA has recently been airing restored prints instead of their usual dubbed version (could this be a sign that they're going to air more Looney Tunes shorts?)

Cool_Cat

In case you didn't notice, the copy of Hot Rod and Reel aired on RSI La 1 and Boomerang IT is the old one, not the one from Stars of Space Jam.

Cool_Cat

@NewBogus :) The one below is the 480i SSJ print for sure, the old one from the m/e package was PAL converted to NTSC.

vlcsnap-2019-05-22-19h49m13s173.png

In any case, the old one was in the same tape as Hook Line and Stinker. Apparently someone found out they could fit Zip n Snort in a 20 min tape, so they added it at the end, and they used the SSJ version. Those 3 aired that way on Boomerang UK and RSI La 1 (it's the same copy anyway).

I realized pretty recently the majority of the Betacam SP tapes were 20 min long, while the 30 min ones were less used, so I can explain a lot of choices they did.

On Boomerang Italy for some reason they used the old copy of Zip N Snort with the old Italian track. The other two were the UK copies without the Italian track selected.

You're fired!
Can someone help me with the audio cues used for "The Dover Boys", 1942 1995 m/e track? I'm trying to reconstruct the 1995 m/e track, but I don't know actually from which short does this cue from 2:12 to 2:17 belong?
I know that few cues were taken from this short + part of the music when Dan Backslide is talking about Dora and Dover Boys is taken from "Dangerous Dan MCFoo", 1939

LooneyTuney18

Can someone help me with the audio cues used for "The Dover Boys", 1942 1995 m/e track? I'm trying to reconstruct the 1995 m/e track, but I don't know actually from which short does this cue from 2:12 to 2:17 belong?
I know that few cues were taken from this short + part of the music when Dan Backslide is talking about Dora and Dover Boys is taken from "Dangerous Dan MCFoo", 1939
The cues you mention are from Stupor Duck. The one from 2:12 to 2:20 (and not 2:17) is from the scene in which Daffy sees the governmental Project Moon as one of Aardvark Ratnik's evil schemes. :)

Last edited:

You're fired!
@LooneyTuney18: Thanks. At this moment, first 3 and 1/2 minutes of the 1995 m/e audiotrack were reconstructed. Meanwhile, I decided to upload some shorts with Russian official (2x2/STS) dubbing of LT/MM (PD shorts only) - this is ofc. the dub that was shown by Boomerang CEE from mid-July 2013 to the 2nd half of 2016:

You're fired!

Hah, I thought that this gag would be censored in FTA airings of LT shorts in Super RTL Germany.

Meanwhile, fake "suicide gag" in "For Scent-Imental Reasons" is censored.

Cool_Cat

Back then I made a mistake about how many shorts there are in a tape. There are only two. These are the ones I'm 100% sure about as it goes for the Turner versions:

Duck Soup to Nuts
Elmer's Candid Camera

Case of the Missing Hare
Daffy Doodles

Daffy Duck in Hollywood
Hare Remover

The Great Piggy Bank Robbery
Hold the Lion Please

Mexican Joyride
Nasty Quacks

Rabbit Punch
Racketeer Rabbit

Stage Door Cartoon
The Unruly Hare

Daffy Duck and Egghead
Hollywood Daffy

Falling Hare
Fresh Hare

The Wabbit who Came to Supper
Wackiki Wabbit

Daffy Duck Slept Here
Slick Hare

I need further investigation on these:

Birth of a Notion
Tweetie Pie

I Haven't Got a Hat
Little Orphan Airedale

A Gruesome Twosome
The Squawkin Hawk

Hiawatha's Rabbit Hunt
A Feather in His Hare

You're fired!
Another logic of Super RTL censorship: Do not cut the moment when Bugs shoots the mouse in "Rhapsody Rabbit", cut the whole 50 seconds of shotgun gag in "Putty Tat Trouble".

You're fired!
Thanks to one ripper, I've found that post-July 2013 airings of Buccaneer Bunny, 1948 on Boomerang CEE had one scene edited when Bugs lits the matches and throws them into the cabin (Sam's reaction for Bugs' behaviour: "Why you crazy doggone idiot? What are you trying to do, blow us to smithteerens?") (13 seconds of edits).

Last edited:

Daffyrocks

Back from the dead.... or...?

You're fired!
After comparing the LTGC2 and LTPC3 original English audio of "The Hep Cat", 1942, I can tell that LTPC3 release of the first LT short in color also uses the 1995 Dubbed Version audiotrack.

You're fired!
After quick research done over the "Peck Up Your Troubles" airing by TV Puls 2, I can tell that TV Puls 2 used to air newly edited master of the PAL Dubbed Version print (the same one that had been recently added to Boomerang Streaming Service in NTSC Version). As far as I remember, BM EMEA/CEE version of the short had longer fade-out between the final scene and the credits than the version that was presented recently by TV Puls 2 and Boomerang Streaming Service.

Cool_Cat

I Gopher You was apparently remastered for one of the Golden Collection volumes but didn't make it in.

vlcsnap-2019-11-03-20h20m53s192.png

Not sure why WB used the 1998 version in one of the special features tho.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts