Looney Tunes Altered Versions Discussion v2 (or, the Looney Tunes Dumping Ground)

NewBogus :)

You're fired!
- I don't know is it true or not, but did the CN Latin America air "Mouse Menace" with original ending title card?

- What if EU 1995 print of "Daffy Duck in Hollywood" use to have 1940-41 MM ending music cue (the same as in the "Tortoise Beats Hare")?

Cool_Cat

A mistake from my end. Apparently A Coy Decoy (and maybe a few other shorts???) were not dubbed on the original B&W version for the Time Out Cin.Ca edition. I can tell you most of them were anyway, because I've either seen them with the "Time Out Cin.Ca" credits at the end on the B&W version on Rai 2 (and then remuxed on a colorized version in many cases), or because when synced on the 24 fps lenght colorized versions the dialogues are clearly low pitched (ex. Notes for You, Porky and Teabiscuit), or because there are not subtitles on parts which clearly need to be translated (ex. The Case of the Stuttering Pig, Slap Happy Pappy).

vlcsnap-2017-12-13-00h49m12s35.png

vlcsnap-2017-12-13-00h52m38s60.png

This looks to me an epic fail from WB. They apparently took the new m/e track from the B&W version and synced it over the redrawn one. But due to the lenght inconsistencies (due to the animation mistakes and such) they kept switching back and forth with the track from the redrawn copy trying to edit the m/e track in that version. That's obviously what they sent to Time Out Cin.Ca when they dubbed the short. Now, I wonder WHY they didn't realize they were editing the audio not even matching the video on a clearly inferior version of the cartoon. At least on Boomerang it was uncut because they never did a single edit on the prints with Italian audio they have.

DVDLooney

A mistake from my end. Apparently A Coy Decoy (and maybe a few other shorts???) were not dubbed on the original B&W version for the Time Out Cin.Ca edition. I can tell you most of them were anyway, because I've either seen them with the "Time Out Cin.Ca" credits at the end on the B&W version on Rai 2 (and then remuxed on a colorized version in many cases), or because when synced on the 24 fps lenght colorized versions the dialogues are clearly low pitched (ex. Notes for You, Porky and Teabiscuit), or because there are not subtitles on parts which clearly need to be translated (ex. The Case of the Stuttering Pig, Slap Happy Pappy).

This looks to me an epic fail from WB. They apparently took the new m/e track from the B&W version and synced it over the redrawn one. But due to the lenght inconsistencies (due to the animation mistakes and such) they kept switching back and forth with the track from the redrawn copy trying to edit the m/e track in that version. That's obviously what they sent to Time Out Cin.Ca when they dubbed the short. Now, I wonder WHY they didn't realize they were editing the audio not even matching the video on a clearly inferior version of the cartoon. At least on Boomerang it was uncut because they never did a single edit on the prints with Italian audio they have.

Wow. Epic fail is right.

StickerBoy

You do have a point, though. It's not easy to properly sync the audio to the video when you're working with the redrawn copy. Boy, talk about an epic fail.

Cool_Cat

The more I record on Boomerang the more I get confused on how many Italian versions there are.

Pretty much in Italy WB back then released on DVD the two Tweety entries in the Looney Tunes Presents VHS series. Somehow Dog Pounded was the old dub, and without the translated title card, but it had English audio until the credits ended. Boomerang instead aired the version with the translated title, and now that I have an high quality rip of it I noticed they're completely different. The one on the DVD has different dot crawl and black pillars.

In addition none of the shorts I've seen on Boomerang with the translated title have English audio. Instead all the old dubs without the translated title card have English audio too.

Now I could assume WB remuxed all the old dubs again just before the new ones, but I barely have any material because other than that one short I have on DVD and the ones aired on Boomerang Italy I have none.

Also, Jeepers Creepers had the Time Out Cin.Ca credits at the end of the computer colorized version.

You're fired!
Speaking of so-called edits of "Plenty of Money and You", 1937, let's see the pre-final scene side by side:

My idea, I know that is worse than normally, but I wanted to show you something differrent than only Polish dubbed LT shorts on my YT channel or 1995 prints comparison unofficial series.

And it seems, that CN Spain aired the 1995 print of "I Love To Singa" with US 1995 Turner Dubbed end card with 1937-1938 MM rings, of course credits goes to @Cool_Cat:

EIzRX6m.jpg

Interestingly fact is, that the EU print has lean red borders at the opening titles. I'll make a comparison in the nearest future, but I'll also remade the EU endcard of course.

You're fired!
Wait, a European country using a USA dubbed version?!!

This was probably due to used Latin Spanish dubbing instead of Castellan Spanish one.
And other thing, which I've noticed: The EU print of I Love to Singa runs 8min5s on CN Spain, on other CN feeds it ran 7m46s

Last edited:

Daffyrocks

Back from the dead.... or...?
This was probably due to used Latin Spanish dubbing instead of Castellan Spanish one.
And other thing, which I've noticed: The EU print of I Love to Singa runs 8min5s on CN Spain, on other CN feeds it ran 7m46s
Well, CN Spain may also had been running the USA version of "I Love To Singa" as well :D

luki

So, It's NTSC Speed?

Cool_Cat

I Love to Singa on CN Spain was the Latin American dub, which was an NTSC print, (horribly) converted to 576i.

luki

Off Topic, But... HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Despite the tepid reception, I actually enjoyed seeing Argylle in the cinema.
Shania Twain > Taylor Swift. That is all.
I wish the internet would quit pushing sites like Temu and Shein onto me. I can't stand them, for numerous reasons.
I almost forgot to mention, but I'm doing another Media Brackets competition

X-Men '97 is good so far, but don't forget that angst does not automatically equal depth. Just adding swears and piling on cheap tragedies doesn't instantly make your work deep or mature.

Featured Posts