Looney Tunes Altered Versions Discussion v2 (or, the Looney Tunes Dumping Ground)

Latest News & Videos

creator

Apr 19, 2020
Chicago
According to what I've found - no borders at the NTSC Turner print of this short. :)
I’ve never seen the Turner copy of “Page Miss Glory”. Also is it the European or American one?
I'm sorry, I should not have mentioned that the Top Hat version was unrestored. I'm not very knowledgeable in Looney Tunes restorations and terminology, but I'll post some screenshots from the episode so that better minds can make conclusions.

I played the Top Hat and Golden Collection versions simultaneously and found two differences: the colors on the Top Hat version are more washed out and the ending card is red in Top Hat vs blue in the Golden Collection. There could be more differences that my untrained eyes missed, so please let me know if you'd like more screenshots. I also have the other shorts on the Fred Astaire / Ginger Rogers DVDs.

vlcsnap-2020-04-25-10h30m33s868.jpg

vlcsnap-2020-04-25-10h40m11s390.jpg
vlcsnap-2020-04-25-10h40m42s802.jpg

vlcsnap-2020-04-25-10h19m25s873.jpg

Kevin Mo

orangemo
I'm sorry, I should not have mentioned that the Top Hat version was unrestored. I'm not very knowledgeable in Looney Tunes restorations and terminology, but I'll post some screenshots from the episode so that better minds can make conclusions.

I played the Top Hat and Golden Collection versions simultaneously and found two differences: the colors on the Top Hat version are more washed out and the ending card is red in Top Hat vs blue in the Golden Collection. There could be more differences that my untrained eyes missed, so please let me know if you'd like more screenshots. I also have the other shorts on the Fred Astaire / Ginger Rogers DVDs.

Ah so it's the American Turner dubbed version. It actually looks pretty good not unrestored at all. You don't have an actual video of the entire short on DailyMotion?

Cool_Cat

Mar 20, 2015
Italy
I'm pretty sure on the US Boomerang they replaced everything with what is on the streaming service, but the old versions with triple audio are still on the LA feeds anyway.

To those who want pre 48 shorts, on Italia 1 they have a pre 48 list of "Miscellaneous Looney Tunes" where they air almost anything. Last time it aired though was 2010 and it was interrupted soon. I'm not really going out of my way to find them until they appear again.

F150Dog

Nov 4, 2018
USA
I noticed that Boomerang streaming service only have original B/W cartoons instead of colorized version.

NewBogus :)

You're fired!
Sep 6, 2013
CE_PL
cnboompoland.blogspot.com
@Kevin Mo : That one was released on Bugs Bunny Superstar (Warner Archive) together with 16mm version with partially original titles of "I Taw A Putty Tat", 1948.

One thing, I've noticed about "Herr Meets Hare", 1945 Turner print. Like "A Hick, A Slick and A Chick" WB restores the complete original ending music cue, as the clean 1995 print (probably that one was shown at that time by CN UK) was affected of having a glitch during the 1945 "That's all folks!" ending title card.

F150Dog

Nov 4, 2018
USA
No I said that if the short was not restored for DVD it was likely available on Boomerang SVOD with Computer colorized copy.

Also as for prints, does anyone know where this print came from? It's pretty high quality of "What's Cookin' Doc".

Excuse me for poor understanding because English wasn't my first language. I grew up with sign language.

Reactions: Kevin Mo

You're fired!
Sep 6, 2013
CE_PL
Ok, collected with some help of @Daffyrocks (thanks for him):
1) The "Go to Sleep" music cue from "A Witch's Tangled Hare" (1959) was the one used for the instrumental track recreation of the song by the flea in "An Itch in Time" (1943)
2) "Food Around the Corner" music cue from "A Horsefly Fleas" (1947) was used in "An Itch in Time" for the 2nd version of the m/e track (also with the instrumentals), at least in French and Polish redubs as both songs were dubbed there.
3) "The Hole Idea": the dramatic and grim fanfare heard over the scene with the newspaper reading "HOLEY TERROR STILL ON THE LOOSE" was used i.e.: in "Tweety Pie" (1947), when the maid first finds Sylvetser while he was hiding Tweety
4) Another "The Hole Idea" cue (probably the one when the professor was giving an interview) was used in the m/e tracks of "Daffy Duck in Hollywood" (1938), "The Old Glory" (1939), "Baseball Bugs" (1946), "Hair-Raising Hare" (1946) and the 1998 redubs of "Bunker Hill Bunny" and "This is a Life?".
5) Another cue from "The Hole Idea" (taken from the moment when the professor makes the black holes) was used in "She Was an Acrobat's Daughter" (1937), "Brave Little Bat" (1941) and "Life with Feathers" (1945) m/e tracks.
6) The m/e track cue of "Tortoise Wins by A Hare" (1943) from the scene where Bugs is throwing the film projector away with the foot and then starts complaining was taken from "Speedy Gonzales" (1955)
7) "Boyhood Daze", the cue heard when Ralph first enters the fort where his parents are trapped in the boiler by the native Africans (in his Safari imagination) was heard on the m/e track of "Tortoise Wins By a Hare" (1943), over the scene from the end of the race where the narrator originally says "Yes folks, the tortoise always wins!"
8) The cue heard in "Boyhood Daze" (1957) when Ralph makes a paper airplane and then launches it was also a track prominently used in the m/e tracks of the a.a.p. Looney Tunes shorts. An example of its usage is the m/e track of "A Wild Hare" (1940), when Bugs fakes his death
9) "Lights Fantastic", 1942 m/e track uses in the Chinatown Bus scene the final music cue from "Tweety and the Beanstalk", 1957 (minus the dialogue line told by Tweety).
10) The silly fanfare which was used on the m/e track of "Hop Look and Listen" (1948), when Sylvester originally says "A king-sized mouse!...." was taken from "Hare Brush" (1955) from the scene where Bugs takes the medicine and then declares it's nasty, and the doctor comes in.
It was also used on "Goofy Gophers" (1947) and "Birth of a Notion" (1947), "Haredevil Hare" (1948) and actually, "Birth of a Notion" only uses the second half of that cue.
11) The "Strolling Thru The Park" rendition heard on "Goldilocks and The Three Cats", when Sylvester proposes to Junior and Ma to walk in the forest was used on the m/e tracks of "Elmer's Pet Rabbit" and "Hare Tonic"
12) "Rock-A-Bye Baby" played on "Baby Bottleneck" (1946) first music cue in the 1995 m/e track was taken from "Cat Feud" (1958). What's more it was also used on "Quentin Quail" (1946)
13) The music cue (from "Sahara Hare", 1955) from the scene where Bugs and Sam are running and getting closer to the temple (and the door is closed before Sam can come in) was used frequently in the pre-1948 dubbed prints (like in "Baby Bottleneck", when Porky is forcing Daffy to hatch that egg) - the final music cue of the short is the one heard on that scene from the dubbed print of "Hare Remover" when Elmer carries Bugs in the arms to his laboratory.
14) The cue from "Sahara Hare" (1955) heard when Yosemite Sam tries to stop his camel from running is heard on the m/e tracks of "Tweety Pie" (1947) and "Bugs Bunny Rides Again" (1948)
15) The first music cue of "Boston Quackie" (1957) was used in "Hollywood Daffy", "Tom Thumb in Trouble" and "Daffy Duck in Hollywood" m/e tracks.
16) The cue heard on "Birds Anonymous" (1957) when the red cat first enters the scene can be heard on the m/e track of "Wabbit Trouble" (1941)
17) "It Had to Been You" from "The Wise Quacking Duck" (1943) was used in the Dubbed Version track of "Hollywood Steps Out", (1941) and "Odor-Able KItty" (1945)
18) The fanfare used on the m/e track of "Hair Raising Hare" (1946) whenever Bugs makes those declarations about getting rid of the monster comes from "One Froggy Evening" (1955). "One Froggy Evening's", the "The Michigan Rag" cue was used on the dubbed track of "Daffy Duck Slept Here" (1948)
19) "Scrambled Aches" final music cue was used in "Tale of Two Mice", 1945 Turner m/e track.
20) From "Guided Muscle" (1955) - The cue heard when Wile E.'s feet get stuck in that green cement is used on the m/e track of "Elmer's Candid Camera" (1940), over the scene where Elmer gets histerical and throws himself into the lake - the cue heard over the shot of the blue book ("HOW TO TAR AND FEATHER AND ROAD RUNNER") is used on the dubbed track of "Duck Soup to Nuts" (1944), over the scene where Daffy originally says "Say, are you following me bob?". It was also heard on the m/e track of "Tom Turk and Daffy"
21) One of the cues used in "Gorilla My Dreams" (1948) was used in black-and-white movie lion scene from "Daffy Duck in Hollywood" (1938)
22) From "Baton Bunny" (1959), The cue heard when the fly comes for the first time on Bugs's nose was used on a few pre-1948 shorts' dubbing track. For example, on "Bugs Bunny and The Three Bears" (1943)
23) "Hooray for Hollywood" variant used in "You Beat Your Wife!" scene from "Wideo Wabbit" (1956) was used in "Hollywood Daffy" (1946) and "A Hare Grows in Manhattan" (1947) 1995 m/e tracks.
24) "What have I done? I killed the wabbit!" cue from "What's Opera Doc?" (1957) is used on the m/e track of "Ain't That Ducky", on the scenes when the little yellow duck cries
25) The m/e track of "Duck Soup to Nuts" uses at one point the music track from "What's Opera Doc?", from the moment when Elmer sings "Be vewy quiet! I'm hunting wabbits!". It is used on the scene where Daffy asks Porky if he is out of munition, after which the formers yells "Praise to lord!"
26) The audiotrack of the moment when Bugs sings "Oh mighty warrior of great fighting stug!" also from "What's Opera Doc?" was used on the m/e track of "Elmer's Candid Camera", in the scene where Elmer is seen drowning in the lake
27) In the first scene of 'I Taw A Putty Tat" we can hear a music cue taken from "Hyde and Hare", 1955
(the music cue from the moment when Dr. Jekyll asks Bugs to take the carrot). What's more this cue was also used in "The Egg Collector", 1940.
28) "The High and The Flighty" (1956), the music track is also used at the end of "Hold The Lion, Please" (1942), before the final scene.
29) "You Ought to Be in Pictures", 1940 first scene music cue also used in "Hare Conditioned", 1945
30) "Come Back to Erin" (from "One Froggy Evening") was also used in "Believe It Or Else" (1939) m/e track. It was also used at the end of the m/e track of "Tortoise Wins by A Hare", when Bugs tries to defend from the other rabbits by revealing that he isn't a turtle. We hear it also on "Slightly Daffy", 1944 or "Rabbit Punch", 1948 final scenes.
31) The first music score originally heard on "Birds Anonymous" after the intro cards, was used on the m/e track of "Easter Yeggs" (1947), on the scene where Bugs finds the crying brown Easter bunny
32) "Tom Turk and Daffy"'s m/e track also uses audio backgrouns from "Birds Anonymous", on the scenes with Daffy being taken over by his devil-ish side (when Porky tells him about the Thanksgiving food he is going to have)
33) "Hillbilly Hare" (1950) and "Backwoods Bunny" (1959) opening music cues were used in "Wagon Heels" (1945)
34) Final music score of "Raw Raw Rooster", 1956 is used in "From Hand to Mouse", 1944, "The Great Piggy Bank Robbery", 1946, "Little Blabbermouse", 1940
35) "Dime to Retire" music cue from the first scene after credits was used in "A Wild Hare", 1940, "The Cagey Canary", 1941, "The Woods Are Full of Cuckoos", 1937, "A Gander at Mother Goose", 1940 "Dangerous Dan MCFoo", 1939, "Kitty Kornered", 1946.
36) "The Aristo-Cat" final music score was used in "Quentin Quail", 1946, "The Wacky Wabbit", 1942, "Little Orphan Airedale", 1947 (probably WB while preparing the m/e track for the last short mentioned in that list used "The Wacky Wabbit" m/e track for some reason).
37) One of the cues used in "The Heckling Hare", 1941 (when we see the ground from the hole) was used in 1995 m/e track of "Fagin's Freshman", 1939, "The Penguin Parade", 1938 and "I Wanna Be A Sailor", 1937 .
38) "A Kiddle's Kitty", 1955 music cue when Susanne swings Sylvester is used in "Believe It Or Else" and "A Kiddle's Kitty", 1955 title card music cue was used in "The Unbearable Bear", 1943 in two scenes and as you said on "Life with Feathers", 1945. And the final music cue of "A Kiddle's Kitty" was used in two scenes of "Nasty Quacks", 1945.
In addition to my post of music cues in the pre-1948 LT shorts (also thanks to @Daffyrocks for helping):

1) The cue from "Baton Bunny" (1959) heard when the fly comes for the first time on Bugs's nose was also used on the m/e track of "The Sheepish Wolf" (1942)
2) On the m/e track of "Life With Feathers" (1945), when the bluebird dresses up as Santa Claus, the "Jingle Bells" cue from "Putty Tat Trouble" (1951) from the scene where Tweety throws away the snow from his nest was used
3) Fresh Hare at 3:11 (PAL Turner print) uses "Song of the Mounted Police" played as a title card music cue.
4) The first music cue heard on the first scene of "Mouse Wreckers" (1949), which is yet another variation of "There's No Place Like Home", can be heard on the m/e tracks of "Hare Conditioned" (1946) and "A Horse Fly Fleas" (1948)
5) "I Wanna Be A Sailor", 1937 m/e track uses "Aloha Oe" from "Aloha Hooey", 1942 first scene.
6) "Life With Feathers" (1945)'s m/e track uses another cue from "A Kiddies's Kitty". The "There's No Place Like Home" music background heard over the scene where the Bluebird comes back home at the end of the cartoon, and declares his wife has gone to her mother, is taken from the first scene of "A Kiddies's Kitty".While the second half of that same cue from "A Kiddie's Kitty" is heard on the m/e track of "Hare Conditioned" (1946)
7) "Hyde and Hare" cue (used in "I Taw A Putty Tat", 1948 first scene) can be also heard on "Scent-Imental Over You".
8) The 2004 m/e track of "Have You Got Any Castle" uses the instrumental "Sleep, Baby, Sleep" cue from "Bedtime for Sniffles", which WB high-pitched for that scene. It is heard at the beginning when the town crier speaks
9) The m/e tracks of "Scent-imental Over You" (1947) and "What's Cookin' Doc?", 1944 also use the stripping cue from "The Wise-Quacking Duck" (1943).
10) , "A Hound for a Trouble", 1951 final music cue was partially heard on "Bars and Stripes Forever" m/e track, when one of the arrested thugs is taken to the electric death, where he will be supposed to death, but the scene later shows something different... :)
11) The cue used on the first scene of "Hare-Way To The Stars" (1957) was used on the m/e track of "Gorrila My Dreams" (1948), over the scene where Bugs originally says "Me and my big mouth" (after he was dressed in baby clothes by the mother gorilla).
12) Speaking of "Tweetie Pie", from the m/e track scene where Tweety originally says "I did, I did taw a putty tat", the sound Marvin makes when he walks from "Hare-Way To The Stars" (1958) was added.
13) The cue from "Go Fly a Kit", 1957 from the scene where the flying kitten puts the orange one in the tree and then they fall in love was used on the m/e track of "Tweety Pie" (1947), over the scene where the maid finds Tweety and pets him.
14) And the final music cue probably from "Go Fly a Kit", 1957 was used in the 1995 m/e track of "Crazy Cruise", 1942 (Bugs's final line up "Thumbs Up, Doc! Thumbs Up!").
15) "You Ought To Be In Pictures", 1940 first scene music cue also used in "What's Cookin' Doc?", 1944 first scene on its 1995 m/e track.

Last edited:
Reactions: Daffyrocks

LooneyTuney18

May 5, 2017
Paris, France
2) On the m/e track of "Life With Feathers" (1945), when the bluebird dresses up as Santa Claus, the "Jingle Bells" cue from "Putty Tat Trouble" (1951) from the scene where Tweety throws away the snow from his nest was used
Actually this cue comes from the Jingle Bells scene from Tweet Dreams :)

You're fired!
Sep 6, 2013
CE_PL
According to an user from Peru (SoloCartoons from YT), "Little Lion Hunter" and "Inki and the Lion" US Turner prints exist and have been shown recently in one of the Peruvian TV channels.

What's more, they've aired "Daffy the Commando" and "Herr Meets Hare" in their remastered versions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Daffyrocks

LooneyTuney18

May 5, 2017
Paris, France
That cartoon is entirely made of reused scenes. Plus, that cue is nowhere to be heard in that scene. Next time, document yourself more before commenting.

And "Putty Tat Trouble" uses exactly that cue I was talking about.
This short still has new soundtrack scored for newly animated sequences (for example part of the cue from the beginning scene with the old lady and her dog was used in The Hasty Hare). In my former message what I meant is that the cue comes from the scene where Tweety sings Jingle Bells at the beginning of the Gift Wrapped scene. Putty Tat Trouble has a different Jingle Bells arrangement, which was rather used in What's Brewin, Bruin for example.

Last edited by a moderator:

Daffyrocks

In search of the cursed Monkey Bird! Woo-hoo!
Jul 22, 2014
Bucharest, Romania
ro.toonsphere.com
Ok, collected with some help of @Daffyrocks (thanks for him):
1) The "Go to Sleep" music cue from "A Witch's Tangled Hare" (1959) was the one used for the instrumental track recreation of the song by the flea in "An Itch in Time" (1943)
2) "Food Around the Corner" music cue from "A Horsefly Fleas" (1947) was used in "An Itch in Time" for the 2nd version of the m/e track (also with the instrumentals), at least in French and Polish redubs as both songs were dubbed there.
3) "The Hole Idea": the dramatic and grim fanfare heard over the scene with the newspaper reading "HOLEY TERROR STILL ON THE LOOSE" was used i.e.: in "Tweety Pie" (1947), when the maid first finds Sylvetser while he was hiding Tweety
4) Another "The Hole Idea" cue (probably the one when the professor was giving an interview) was used in the m/e tracks of "Daffy Duck in Hollywood" (1938), "The Old Glory" (1939), "Baseball Bugs" (1946), "Hair-Raising Hare" (1946) and the 1998 redubs of "Bunker Hill Bunny" and "This is a Life?".
5) Another cue from "The Hole Idea" (taken from the moment when the professor makes the black holes) was used in "She Was an Acrobat's Daughter" (1937), "Brave Little Bat" (1941) and "Life with Feathers" (1945) m/e tracks.
6) The m/e track cue of "Tortoise Wins by A Hare" (1943) from the scene where Bugs is throwing the film projector away with the foot and then starts complaining was taken from "Speedy Gonzales" (1955)
7) "Boyhood Daze", the cue heard when Ralph first enters the fort where his parents are trapped in the boiler by the native Africans (in his Safari imagination) was heard on the m/e track of "Tortoise Wins By a Hare" (1943), over the scene from the end of the race where the narrator originally says "Yes folks, the tortoise always wins!"
8) The cue heard in "Boyhood Daze" (1957) when Ralph makes a paper airplane and then launches it was also a track prominently used in the m/e tracks of the a.a.p. Looney Tunes shorts. An example of its usage is the m/e track of "A Wild Hare" (1940), when Bugs fakes his death
9) "Lights Fantastic", 1942 m/e track uses in the Chinatown Bus scene the final music cue from "Tweety and the Beanstalk", 1957 (minus the dialogue line told by Tweety).
10) The silly fanfare which was used on the m/e track of "Hop Look and Listen" (1948), when Sylvester originally says "A king-sized mouse!...." was taken from "Hare Brush" (1955) from the scene where Bugs takes the medicine and then declares it's nasty, and the doctor comes in.
It was also used on "Goofy Gophers" (1947) and "Birth of a Notion" (1947), "Haredevil Hare" (1948) and actually, "Birth of a Notion" only uses the second half of that cue.
11) The "Strolling Thru The Park" rendition heard on "Goldilocks and The Three Cats", when Sylvester proposes to Junior and Ma to walk in the forest was used on the m/e tracks of "Elmer's Pet Rabbit" and "Hare Tonic"
12) "Rock-A-Bye Baby" played on "Baby Bottleneck" (1946) first music cue in the 1995 m/e track was taken from "Cat Feud" (1958). What's more it was also used on "Quentin Quail" (1946)
13) The music cue (from "Sahara Hare", 1955) from the scene where Bugs and Sam are running and getting closer to the temple (and the door is closed before Sam can come in) was used frequently in the pre-1948 dubbed prints (like in "Baby Bottleneck", when Porky is forcing Daffy to hatch that egg) - the final music cue of the short is the one heard on that scene from the dubbed print of "Hare Remover" when Elmer carries Bugs in the arms to his laboratory.
14) The cue from "Sahara Hare" (1955) heard when Yosemite Sam tries to stop his camel from running is heard on the m/e tracks of "Tweety Pie" (1947) and "Bugs Bunny Rides Again" (1948)
15) The first music cue of "Boston Quackie" (1957) was used in "Hollywood Daffy", "Tom Thumb in Trouble" and "Daffy Duck in Hollywood" m/e tracks.
16) The cue heard on "Birds Anonymous" (1957) when the red cat first enters the scene can be heard on the m/e track of "Wabbit Trouble" (1941)
17) "It Had to Been You" from "The Wise Quacking Duck" (1943) was used in the Dubbed Version track of "Hollywood Steps Out", (1941) and "Odor-Able KItty" (1945)
18) The fanfare used on the m/e track of "Hair Raising Hare" (1946) whenever Bugs makes those declarations about getting rid of the monster comes from "One Froggy Evening" (1955). "One Froggy Evening's", the "The Michigan Rag" cue was used on the dubbed track of "Daffy Duck Slept Here" (1948)
19) "Scrambled Aches" final music cue was used in "Tale of Two Mice", 1945 Turner m/e track.
20) From "Guided Muscle" (1955) - The cue heard when Wile E.'s feet get stuck in that green cement is used on the m/e track of "Elmer's Candid Camera" (1940), over the scene where Elmer gets histerical and throws himself into the lake - the cue heard over the shot of the blue book ("HOW TO TAR AND FEATHER AND ROAD RUNNER") is used on the dubbed track of "Duck Soup to Nuts" (1944), over the scene where Daffy originally says "Say, are you following me bob?". It was also heard on the m/e track of "Tom Turk and Daffy"
21) One of the cues used in "Gorilla My Dreams" (1948) was used in black-and-white movie lion scene from "Daffy Duck in Hollywood" (1938)
22) From "Baton Bunny" (1959), The cue heard when the fly comes for the first time on Bugs's nose was used on a few pre-1948 shorts' dubbing track. For example, on "Bugs Bunny and The Three Bears" (1943)
23) "Hooray for Hollywood" variant used in "You Beat Your Wife!" scene from "Wideo Wabbit" (1956) was used in "Hollywood Daffy" (1946) and "A Hare Grows in Manhattan" (1947) 1995 m/e tracks.
24) "What have I done? I killed the wabbit!" cue from "What's Opera Doc?" (1957) is used on the m/e track of "Ain't That Ducky", on the scenes when the little yellow duck cries
25) The m/e track of "Duck Soup to Nuts" uses at one point the music track from "What's Opera Doc?", from the moment when Elmer sings "Be vewy quiet! I'm hunting wabbits!". It is used on the scene where Daffy asks Porky if he is out of munition, after which the formers yells "Praise to lord!"
26) The audiotrack of the moment when Bugs sings "Oh mighty warrior of great fighting stug!" also from "What's Opera Doc?" was used on the m/e track of "Elmer's Candid Camera", in the scene where Elmer is seen drowning in the lake
27) In the first scene of 'I Taw A Putty Tat" we can hear a music cue taken from "Hyde and Hare", 1955
(the music cue from the moment when Dr. Jekyll asks Bugs to take the carrot). What's more this cue was also used in "The Egg Collector", 1940.
28) "The High and The Flighty" (1956), the music track is also used at the end of "Hold The Lion, Please" (1942), before the final scene.
29) "You Ought to Be in Pictures", 1940 first scene music cue also used in "Hare Conditioned", 1945
30) "Come Back to Erin" (from "One Froggy Evening") was also used in "Believe It Or Else" (1939) m/e track. It was also used at the end of the m/e track of "Tortoise Wins by A Hare", when Bugs tries to defend from the other rabbits by revealing that he isn't a turtle. We hear it also on "Slightly Daffy", 1944 or "Rabbit Punch", 1948 final scenes.
31) The first music score originally heard on "Birds Anonymous" after the intro cards, was used on the m/e track of "Easter Yeggs" (1947), on the scene where Bugs finds the crying brown Easter bunny
32) "Tom Turk and Daffy"'s m/e track also uses audio backgrouns from "Birds Anonymous", on the scenes with Daffy being taken over by his devil-ish side (when Porky tells him about the Thanksgiving food he is going to have)
33) "Hillbilly Hare" (1950) and "Backwoods Bunny" (1959) opening music cues were used in "Wagon Heels" (1945)
34) Final music score of "Raw Raw Rooster", 1956 is used in "From Hand to Mouse", 1944, "The Great Piggy Bank Robbery", 1946, "Little Blabbermouse", 1940
35) "Dime to Retire" music cue from the first scene after credits was used in "A Wild Hare", 1940, "The Cagey Canary", 1941, "The Woods Are Full of Cuckoos", 1937, "A Gander at Mother Goose", 1940 "Dangerous Dan MCFoo", 1939, "Kitty Kornered", 1946.
36) "The Aristo-Cat" final music score was used in "Quentin Quail", 1946, "The Wacky Wabbit", 1942, "Little Orphan Airedale", 1947 (probably WB while preparing the m/e track for the last short mentioned in that list used "The Wacky Wabbit" m/e track for some reason).
37) One of the cues used in "The Heckling Hare", 1941 (when we see the ground from the hole) was used in 1995 m/e track of "Fagin's Freshman", 1939, "The Penguin Parade", 1938 and "I Wanna Be A Sailor", 1937 .
38) "A Kiddle's Kitty", 1955 music cue when Susanne swings Sylvester is used in "Believe It Or Else" and "A Kiddle's Kitty", 1955 title card music cue was used in "The Unbearable Bear", 1943 in two scenes and as you said on "Life with Feathers", 1945. And the final music cue of "A Kiddle's Kitty" was used in two scenes of "Nasty Quacks", 1945.
In addition to my post of music cues in the pre-1948 LT shorts (also thanks to @Daffyrocks for helping):

1) The cue from "Baton Bunny" (1959) heard when the fly comes for the first time on Bugs's nose was also used on the m/e track of "The Sheepish Wolf" (1942)
3) Fresh Hare at 3:11 (PAL Turner print) uses "Song of the Mounted Police" played as a title card music cue.
4) The first music cue heard on the first scene of "Mouse Wreckers" (1949), which is yet another variation of "There's No Place Like Home", can be heard on the m/e tracks of "Hare Conditioned" (1946) and "A Horse Fly Fleas" (1948)
5) "I Wanna Be A Sailor", 1937 m/e track uses "Aloha Oe" from "Aloha Hooey", 1942 first scene.
6) "Life With Feathers" (1945)'s m/e track uses another cue from "A Kiddies's Kitty". The "There's No Place Like Home" music background heard over the scene where the Bluebird comes back home at the end of the cartoon, and declares his wife has gone to her mother, is taken from the first scene of "A Kiddies's Kitty".While the second half of that same cue from "A Kiddie's Kitty" is heard on the m/e track of "Hare Conditioned" (1946)
7) "Hyde and Hare" cue (used in "I Taw A Putty Tat", 1948 first scene) can be also heard on "Scent-Imental Over You".
8) The 2004 m/e track of "Have You Got Any Castle" uses the instrumental "Sleep, Baby, Sleep" cue from "Bedtime for Sniffles", which WB high-pitched for that scene. It is heard at the beginning when the town crier speaks
9) The m/e tracks of "Scent-imental Over You" (1947) and "What's Cookin' Doc?", 1944 also use the stripping cue from "The Wise-Quacking Duck" (1943).
10) , "A Hound for a Trouble", 1951 final music cue was partially heard on "Bars and Stripes Forever" m/e track, when one of the arrested thugs is taken to the electric death, where he will be supposed to death, but the scene later shows something different... :)
11) The cue used on the first scene of "Hare-Way To The Stars" (1957) was used on the m/e track of "Gorrila My Dreams" (1948), over the scene where Bugs originally says "Me and my big mouth" (after he was dressed in baby clothes by the mother gorilla).
12) Speaking of "Tweetie Pie", from the m/e track scene where Tweety originally says "I did, I did taw a putty tat", the sound Marvin makes when he walks from "Hare-Way To The Stars" (1958) was added.
13) The cue from "Go Fly a Kit", 1957 from the scene where the flying kitten puts the orange one in the tree and then they fall in love was used on the m/e track of "Tweety Pie" (1947), over the scene where the maid finds Tweety and pets him.
14) And the final music cue probably from "Go Fly a Kit", 1957 was used in the 1995 m/e track of "Crazy Cruise", 1942 (Bugs's final line up "Thumbs Up, Doc! Thumbs Up!").
15) "You Ought To Be In Pictures", 1940 first scene music cue also used in "What's Cookin' Doc?", 1944 first scene on its 1995 m/e track.
And, I would also like to make some corrections and also some additions to these infos, all collected by us. It's very important for LT lovers like us to know the sources of all these music cues used through the pre-1951 cartoons (post-1948 shorts still used recreated m/e tracks until around 1951 or so). @NewBogus :) , you are very welcome.

So:
1) ""Food Around the Corner" music cue from "A Horsefly Fleas" (1947) was used in "An Itch in Time" for the 2nd version of the m/e track (also with the instrumentals), at least in French and Polish redubs as both songs were dubbed there." - the same goes for the Romanian dubbing of the short, as heard on Cartoon Network CEE and Boomerang CEE
2) "The m/e track cue of "Tortoise Wins by A Hare" (1943) from the scene where Bugs is throwing the film projector away with the foot and then starts complaining was taken from "Speedy Gonzales" (1955)" - about this cue, I have to confirm that it is barely audible on the Golden Collection print of "Speedy Gonzales", it is heard way better on other prints of the cartoon, like the TV one which used to air on CN and Boomerang. You can also hear it perfectly on the m/e track of the short as a bonus GC feature.
3) ""Lights Fantastic", 1942 m/e track uses in the Chinatown Bus scene the final music cue from "Tweety and the Beanstalk", 1957 (minus the dialogue line told by Tweety)." - besides that "Tweety and the Beanstalk" music cue, on the same scene part of the opening titles theme of "China Jones" (1959) can be heard. Plus, the "Tweety and the Beanstalk" music cue is heard again on the scene involving the "FREE EYE TEST" banner when the very small Chinese text appears
4) the "Hooray for Hollywood" cue from "Wideo Wabbit" (1956) was also heard on the 1998 m/e track of "The Scarlet Pumpernickel" (1950)
5) "In the first scene of 'I Taw A Putty Tat" we can hear a music cue taken from "Hyde and Hare", 1955 (the music cue from the moment when Dr. Jekyll asks Bugs to take the carrot). What's more this cue was also used in "The Egg Collector", 1940." - it was also used at the beginning of the m/e track of "The Eager Beaver" (1948), as well as the m/e track of "Scent-Imental Over You" (1947) (over the scene where the chiuaua female hider behind the tree). The scene from "The Egg Collector" where this cue was used involves Sniffles reading "Egg Collecting For Amateurs"
6) The track from "The High and The Flighty" (1956) where Daffy is negociating separately with Foghorn, and then with Barnyard Dawg can be heard not only at the end of "Hold The Lion, Please" (1942) (over the scene where Bugs talks to the audience, before his wife comes over), but also over two scenes from "The Bear's Tale" (1940): the first time it was used when Papa Bear imitates the car siren sound, and the second time when Papa Bear walks upstairs to check who is hiding in their room. In these two contexts, WB mixed the cues from more scenes and made a single, longer one to use on these shorts
7) The first cue from "You Ought To Be In Pictures" (1942) was heard not only on "Hare Conditioned" (1946) (heard when Bugs tries out the manager's gun), but also a few times on "Daffy Duck in Hollywood" (1938)
8) The "Hibilly Hare" and "Backwoods Bunny" cues from the m/e track of "Wagon Heels" was used when Sloppy Moe first appears and talks to Porky Pig
9) besides the final cue from "Raw Raw Rooster", the track from the same cartoon heard when Foghorn gives the good-bye present to his high school colleague can be heard on m/e tracks of shorts such as "Hop Look and Listen" (1948) (when Sylvester complains about the fact the mouse is too small) and "Life with Feathers" (1945) (when the blue bird shows Sylvester the cooking book, to make him starved)
10) The cue from "Baton Bunny" (1959) heard when the fly comes for the first time on Bugs's nose, besides it's usage on "The Sheepish Wolf" (1942), is also heard on the m/e track of "Bugs Bunny and The Three Bears" (1944), over the scenes where Mama Bear is seduced by Bugs
11) The "Jingle Bells" cue from "Putty Tat Trouble" (1951) can also be heard on "What's Brewin Bruin" (1948) (on the scene where Baby Bear is enjoying the snowman from the bed, which is actually Papa Bear covered in snow) and "Fresh Hare" (1942), when Elmer is having a Santa Clause-styled beard and hair made of snow
12) "Fresh Hare at 3:11 (PAL Turner print) uses "Song of the Mounted Police" played as a title card music cue." - what he meant to say is, the m/e track of the short uses the opening music cue from the cartoon itself, on the moment where Elmer reads the regulament to Bugs
13) The stripping cue from "The Wise-Quacking Duck" (1943) is also heard on the m/e track of "Hollywood Daffy" (1946), when Daffy is complimenting the bodyguard's acting talent
14) The final two music seconds from "What Makes Daffy Duck" (1948) before the end title were used in the final seconds of the m/e track of "A Pest in The House" (1947)
15) The "Hooray for Hollywood" music background track from "Hollywood Canine Canteen", heard when the dogs are applauding at the conference was heard twice on the m/e track of "Hollywood Daffy" (1946), the first time when Daffy is shouting of joy when he first arrives in Hollywood, and then later in the cartoon after the guard chases Daffy in the filming room. The same cue from "Hollywood Canine Canteen" can also be heard on the m/e track of "What's Cooking Doc" (1944), after the narrator talks about the Oscar.
16) The opening music cue from "Tweet Dreams" is used on the m/e track of "Hollywood Steps Out" (1941), on the first scene with Cley Grant.
17) The scene of the dubbed prints of "Life with Feathers" (1945), with the bluebird dressed as Santa Claus, actually used the Jingle Bells track from "Tweet Dreams". Yeah, I have to say @LooneyTuney18 was right, as I misconnected what I remember hearing when I saw "Life With Feathers" on TV. "What's Brewin Bruin" (1948) and "Fresh Hare" (1942), however, still do use the "Jingle Bells" track from "Putty Tat Trouble" (1951)
- The "Carrots Waits for No One" instrumental cue (from "To Hare Is Human" (1956) can be heard in the m/e tracks of "Elmer's Pet Rabbit", "The Aristo-Cats", "Wacki Wabbit", "Tom Turk and Daffy" etc.
- Another track from "To Hare Is Human", heard originally when Bugs makes a hole with the knife on Wile E's bag and then starts chattering with him, is heard on the dubbed tracks of "A Wild Hare", "Circus Today" and "Frigid Hare"
- The "California Here I Come" music cue from "Hobo Gadget Band" (1939) was used in the m/e tracks of "Holiday Highlights" (1940) and "Canned Feud" (1951)
- The scene of the m/e track of "Holiday Highlights" where we see the Halloween scarecrow (with the pumpkin head) uses music from "Tick Tock Tuckered" (1944)
- Also regarding "Tick Tock Tuckered" (1944), the scene of the dubbed print where the "Later that night..." screen card appears and then Daffy and Porky are preparing for bed uses the first music cue heard on "Tweety and The Beanstalk" (1957) after the opening titles. I did mention this before in this thread, but I am saying it again in case no one saw that earlier post of mine or if you didn't know already.
- The cue from "Half-Fare Hare" (1956) heard when Bugs asks the two hoboes what are they having for dinner, was heard on the m/e tracks of "Tweety Pie" (when the maid demands Sylvester to say sorry to Tweety, but he eats him instead and the maid makes Sylvester spit Tweety out), "Tortoise Wins By a Hare" (when Cecil Turtle's wife asks him who was at the door) and "Foney Fables" (on the first scene after the opening titles)
- The m/e track of "Odor-Able Kitty" (1945) uses the Merrie Melodies intro variation from "This is a Life?", on the scene where the cat disguises as Bugs Bunny

That's all for now. I will post more when I find. You can come up with what you know as well :)

Reactions: LooneyTuney18

You're fired!
Sep 6, 2013
CE_PL
In addition to my older video about 2 different m/e tracks prepared for "A Hick, A Slick and A Chick", 1948 I can tell that Boomerang LA on Spanish audiotrack used to air this short without music played over the redubbed dialogues (similarly to the "Draftee Daffy" rerelease with Latin Spanish 1995 dubbing on Looney Tunes Platinum Collection Volume 3).
Credits of course for the material goes to @Cool_Cat. Sooner or later, I'll reupload that video using TVrips with the 3 versions.
What's more, "California Here I Come" can be heard at the final scene of "Holiday Highlights", 1940 (played over the foreign m/e track), but for some reason the m/e track is cut for the PAL Turner print, while for the NTSC Turner print the final song is left intact.

Daffyrocks

In search of the cursed Monkey Bird! Woo-hoo!
Jul 22, 2014
Bucharest, Romania
ro.toonsphere.com
What's more, "California Here I Come" can be heard at the final scene of "Holiday Highlights", 1940 (played over the foreign m/e track), but for some reason the m/e track is cut for the PAL Turner print, while for the NTSC Turner print the final song is left intact.
I said that already about "California Here I come" (taken from "Hobo Gadget Band" (1939)), but I noticed it is barely heard on the PAL print of "Holiday Highlights" (1940)

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Only 19 more days 'till the first day of summer.
Summertime and June Mix!

I saw something at 1:37 that says DC Superhero High. Does that mean a revival of the 2015 DC Superhero Girls, or a different project altogether?
Asa

The Thomas fandom has lost a beloved UK narrator.