Looking back: Dexter’s laboratory.

Santana434

Dexter laboratory was one of those Cartoon Network shows that has such a creative premise, clever slapstick comedy, and not to mention the characters in this show were charming and likeable. The first two seasons(especially season 2 which was the show hits its peak) was very original, with a lot of funny plots, and the inventions of dexter were very creative. Now sadly after the movie ego trip, the last two seasons of dexter lab were pretty much a waste of time, because s3 and s4 were mostly boring(some were decent and creative like dexters family go) but the last two seasons just weren’t that great ever since Genndy tartvosky left. The decline in its last two seasons reminds me of powerpuff girls 1998 series(even tho the last two seasons of PPG were still better than Dexters lab final two seasons but still.) so anyways what are your thoughts on this great classic Cartoon Network show.

Attachments

• FC96DA41-B9C9-4C74-9754-F1C66360DAD0.jpeg
    FC96DA41-B9C9-4C74-9754-F1C66360DAD0.jpeg
    79.1 KB · Views: 22

harry580

I remember watching dexter on boomerang, and I watched a review by Steve reviews that thinks the series would have ended after the movie but Cartoon Network revive it and instead of Hanna barbera because that was shuttered and absorbed into Warner Bros animation, its Cartoon Network studios which got revived by the former employees of hanna barbera and they did changes to the show like new backgrounds like the house and changes to the characters and making the show looks nothing like genndy tartakovsky and Hanna barbera although they keep the character design of dexter but change his attitude and there's a episode where dad plays golf for most of the episode

so yeah I prefer seasons 1-2 over seasons 3-4

Dr.Pepper

This is one of my favorite CN shows. I was completely obsessed with it when I was 11. I rewatched it on HBO Max last summer and I was blasted with nostalgia. The revival seasons were pretty bad. Actually they were just bad in comparison, as they weren’t all bad.

TheWolfPup2006

"I can fly, I can fly, I can flyyyyy!"
Dexter's Lab was pretty good. However seasons 3-4 were pretty 'meh', tbh. But they did have some good episodes.

cartoo5007

This is one of my favorite CN shows. I was completely obsessed with it when I was 11. I rewatched it on HBO Max last summer and I was blasted with nostalgia. The revival seasons were pretty bad. Actually they were just bad in comparison, as they weren’t all bad.

Season 4 had some of the worst episodes. The one where Dexter gave himself laser eye surgery and then it made everyone so ugly because it enhanced the detail. Another bad episode from the Savino era was the one where Dexter makes a poem for that girl on the bus. The worst episode is Comedy of Feathers, just plain dumb, it had Dee-Dee getting fused with an ostrich, which goes to show that the staff was running out of ideas. Opposites Attract had a lot of filter scenes with Dee-Dee messing with the magnets, and there was another bad episode that made me cringe, it was the short in season 3 that just had everything in the tune of Mandark's laugh (brushing his death, his mom's foot tapping, the piano keys, and the car engine). The budget had to have taken a dip later on in the series, the third season has extremely lazy backgrounds and the background music got worse as the series went on.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts