"Loki Season One (Disney+ Limited Series)" Talkback (Spoilers)

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
"For all time, always."

loki.jpg

Loki is set to debut on Disney+ on June 9, 2021 featuring the God of Mischief as he steps out of his brother’s shadow in a new series that takes place after the events of Avengers: Endgame. Tom Hiddleston returns as the title character, joined by Owen Wilson, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Sophia Di Martino, Wunmi Mosaku and Richard E. Grant. Kate Herron directs Loki, and Michael Waldron is head writer.

Episode 1 "Glorious Purpose"
After stealing the Tesseract in Avengers: Endgame, Loki lands before the Time Variance Authority.

Official Links
Loki on Disney+
Loki on Twitter
Loki on Instagram
Loki on Facebook

See Also
"Marvel on Disney+" Pre-Release News & Discussion, Part 1 (Spoilers)
"Marvel on Disney+" Pre-Release News & Discussion, Part 2 (Spoilers)
"Marvel on Disney+" Pre-Release News & Discussion, Part 3 (Spoilers)
"Marvel on Disney+ "Pre-Release News & Discussion, Part 4 (Spoilers)
"Marvel on Disney+ "Pre-Release News & Discussion, Part 5 (Spoilers)
"Thor" Talkback (Spoilers)
"The Avengers" Talkback (Spoilers)
"Thor: The Dark World" Talkback (Spoilers)
"Thor: Ragnarok" Talkback (Spoilers)
"Avengers: Infinity War" Talkback (Spoilers)
"Avengers: Endgame" Talkback (Spoilers)

Last edited:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Loki "Glorious Purpose"

I was a little confused by the first episode of WandaVision. I liked the first episode of The Falcon And The Winter Soldier, although it was pretty generic. This is something else altogether. I think the last fifteen minutes of the episode dragged, but this has the potential to be something special. What is it I responded to?

I responded to the bureaucracy being portrayed as the ultimate riddle / mystery. I like that red tape is specifically mindblowing and confusing in this level of reality. I like that Loki is helpless and powerless against it and these shmucks may be better at causing chaos in his life than he is in causing in it everyone else's. My major concern is that the show might feel the need to explain how this works. That would be a mistake. I value Twin Peaks and Lost in hindsight partly because they remain frustrating. That's how they SHOULD be remembered and I kind of think maybe this show should be remembered that way too. I hope the producers agree, but the MCU is not exactly a franchise known for challenging the audience. There is something refreshing about that (I like sitting down to movies I am allowed to actually enjoy) but that level of crowd-pleasing is kind of antithetical to how a mystery show like this should go down. I'm afraid the producers will want to satisfy the fans and answer the biggest questions. But it's the fact that I don't understand what's going on which is the reason I like the show. WandaVision shows the perils of setting up a weird mystery and answering all the questions. In the end it leaves you feeling a little disappointed.

Tara Strong needs to give her agent a raise. I am amazed at the major acting credit she was given at the end for a cartoon voice. It's "With Tara Strong And Owen Wilson". She got the best credit deal I've seen since Mark Hamill was second-billed for Star Wars: The Force Awakens after appearing in it for 30 seconds at the very end.

Loki being moved first by Frigga's death and then his own at the hands of Thanos is pretty much the series addressing the elephants in the room in the very first episode.

I like that Loki was D.B. Cooper. That also raises more questions about Loki's history on Earth and I hope gags like that will become commonplace.

I don't want the show to explain to me how a dude doesn't know what a fish is.

I have questions. I don't want answers. Whatever the show does in the future, I hope it lets the weirdness stand. ****1/2.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
"Glorious Purpose" - Though Wandavision is the show that wound up happening first and Falcon and Winter Soldier was the show that was intended to go first, when it came time to announce series for characters from the MCU spinning off into Disney Plus the one that first made sense to me why they were turning it into a series was Loki. Like yeah Scarlet Witch and Vision and Falcon and Winter Soldier have fans and you could see them working in their own show but Loki was literally a scene stealer that was beloved before they even appeared in the universe. Like even people like me who feel Thor is the weakest of all MCU films admit the best villain from Phase one was Loki and though it was probably intended to follow the comics in how Loki was the first villain the Avengers even teamed up against so why not have that happen in the movie, he just fit the most as an antagonist you wanted to see more of. Like yeah despite how much love Iron Man and Thor and the heroes got in Avengers Loki oddly enough walked away with weirdly the most fans so much so the next Thor movie, Dark World gave him a lot MORE scenes then originally intended as yeah Loki was suppose to be a much more minor player but they rewrote the movie just for him. Which yeah worked surprisingly well as even people who dislike Dark World like Loki in it and if anything wanted MORE of him in the movie. Which is so weird to me; typically when you rewrite a film to add in more of a character the response to that usually isn't "you should of added even MORE" but yeah due to it still being Thor's movies you could only do so much Loki which is why despite still having a lot to do in Ragnarok he wasn't a central player and then we got the big dramatic shocking scene of Infinity War showing his death which yeah I did not see him dying so early on and felt he would do something to sneak around that but no he didn't. As yeah it's clear even though Thor was going to continue in the MCU it would be in a totally different direction separated from a lot of what original made up his universe which included Loki. It's also why when there were first whispers of characters getting show in early 2019 many believe when Loki was announced it would center around maybe female Loki or Kid Loki which... yeah I never believed in at all. The big reason why Loki is so beloved and became this huge character has to do with Tom Hiddleston and how he portrayed the god of mischief so if we were getting more it would come from his hands. And then we got that scene in Endgame to indicate "yeah this how his story is going to continue" which of course leads to this series which quite frankly delivers exactly what I wanted to see for this particular Loki's arc.

See due to this being a variant this is a variation of Loki that never went through the character progression we saw in Dark World, Ragnarok or Infinity War. So though those movies did prove Loki's moralty and ultimately that he did wind up caring for those closest to him, we couldn't exactly have him go through that same exact arc. However I did actually want to see this take on Loki actually see what happen to him which is actually what this episode delivered on. I admit at first when Loki escaped I was kind of worry that would be peace mailed to him bit by bit after finding out he wound up getting his mother killed but no they have him wind up going back and seeing the entire thing. Again for as much as Dark World is ducked on I am glad that later projects get a lot of mileage out of Rigga's death and I do like showing Loki realize he was also the cause of Odin's death and how heavily that weighs on him as well as seeing himself be killed by Thanos and realizing the glorious purpose and conquest he kept talking about amounted to nothing. I still doubt the idea that Loki never ever wanted to really hurt people but I do get why he would say that at least at the moment seeing what he was in a sense responsbile for and what he lost and how his actions only brought purpose to seemingly others and what he was left with. That's actually a good dramatic character moment that you do need with this kind of series; Wandavision due to building up the mystery could only really flesh into that like mid way through and only at the end did you find out what was really ticking with Wanda and even with Falcon and Winter Soldier it still took Sam a while to realize his mistake in letting the shield go. Here Loki is hit right at the front of the series with all the things he did and where that led and his realization "I can never go back " does actually hit well. It's pretty clear from other previews we've seen of the series there there is still obviously a lot of treachery and trickery left in Loki since hey that is the character but I do like this emotional core we get right out of the gate with him and feel that it's fitting.

I do wish that I wasn't spoiled about the reveal that the big villain the TVA are going after is another Loki but I do like how that is set up. I think the boy was suppose to be a variation of Kid Loki and the figure burning those agents at the end was suppose to be Female Loki but yeah I am curious exactly the story of this particular Loki and actually do want him to meet the variant of this Loki and see them exchange ideas. I also like how angry and frustrated Loki gets at the idea that the TVA just allows him to go about his business as it's all part of their grand design and thinks they can just control or snuff him out when under their grasp. Pretty clear this whole prime timeline being only one huge strand with no variants is either sort of an act or something is about to happen to splinter them off though considering the whole point of the upcoming What If series is seeing differing timelines where alternate things happen and then you know Multi Verse of Madness aka Dr. Strange 2 so we are going to see a multi verse no matter how much the TVA tries promoting otherwise. I also appreciate Loki pointing out to Ravonna "hey the Avengers are behind the time travel and timeline issues go after them" because yeah that was something I was wondering about when I first heard of this show and even if it's just quickly said "that was suppose to happen" that's really all I needed considering their whole point was just to go to the past to take stones and then bring them back. Also like the idea that there are multiple infinite stones and devices in the TVA but obviously any power they had was removed so they're just powerless trinkets.

And though nothing really gut busting yet the comedy here was pretty good. I did like Loki being hit at 116th time and then having to feel all of that pain and then seeing someone else melted when they didn't have their ticket in front of him and desperately grabbing for his. And then realizing his magic doesn't work and asking Mobius about the TVA world and it's magic and finding out it's just more paper work that has to be filed away. I think the reveal of Loki in the plane being a bet he had with Thor would of been funnier if they didn't spoil that in the trailer but I do like showing more of Loki's trickery and having previously messed with the human world. I think some people thought that's what the entire show would be about when Loki was first announced but eh I prefer it being more about a Loki we know and can explore more not just a past one. I also like that bit with Casey not knowing what Fish is or if he was even being threatened at first and then how Loki got the jump on Hunter B-15 (confused her and Ravonna stupidly but yeah think I got that better now) and started messing and skipping her. Oh also Loki throwing the chair and being skipped and then falling when he came back was another good gag.

Overall a very solid start to this series was good comedy but then an actual character core that I wanted to see from this series showing Loki going on his own journey but it being one a lot different then what we saw in the movies and having an idea of why he's being brought in with this particular case and what that could entail. This would probably have hit better if so much of it wasn't spoiled ahead of time and outside of the outside shot of the TVA nothing really movie quality about this series so far (That's something Falcon and the Winter Soldier did a better job first though yeah that show wound up showing it's best action scene first which hopefully Loki won't do) but still a solid promising start to this show and eager to see where the rest of it goes.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
It is kind of surreal following the Loki from circa-The Avengers and not the "real" Loki, but I guess that does help set up the show's premise and core themes :).

That flashback may be the last time we see the Avengers Trinity together any time soon...oh, and here's Ant-Man and Hulk :proud:.

Poor Loki had grand plans and then, once again, they get upended even before he can get started. The TVA doesn't mess around. And are a little trigger happy o_O.

Even Loki is not immune to getting forcibly stripped after being captured...like brother, like brother. Also, shirtless Tom Hiddleston :D.

So...how frequent is time travel that the TVA have so much work to do and take so many people into custody? How did that Skrull, that Goldman-Sachs guy, or that one woman end up as variants? Not everyone can nab a Space Stone thanks to time travel hijinks :confused:.

I never would have thought I'd hear Tara Strong in a Marvel Studios TV show, but Miss Minutes and that retro animated promotional video really handled the exposition of the TVA quite well :).

So the Time Keepers are basically time gods who re-forged the universe into one, single, timeline that can't be altered? All the Avengers' hijinks in Endgame was part of "the plan" which is why it wasn't a problem? The Time Keepers are still around, building the timeline? Is there not supposed to be a multiverse even though it seems like we'll be seeing it in future movies? Seems like this series is going to say a lot about determinism, fate, and the choices we make :oops:.

What exactly is where the TVA is? The end of time? Are they a civilization existing outside of time and dedicated entirely to protecting it? Kind of giving me 31st century, Legion of Superheroes, vibes :cool:.

Agent Mobius in the comics was based on Mark Grunewald, right? So is Owen Wilson playing Agent Mobius as if he was a real life Mark Grunewald? Although he's still obviously an Owen Wilson character :p.

Sorry AoS fans, I think to Feige Coulson is still dead :sweat:.

I wonder what Ravonna being a by-the-book Time Judge in a position of authority in the TVA will track with how she's historically hooked up with Kang the Conqueror :rolleyes2:?

Nothing quite makes it settle in how powerful the Time Bureau are like how the Infinity Stones are just baubles to them :eek:.

Loki fast-forwarding through his timeline, seeing his mother's death, Odin saying he loved him, and that he reconciled with Thor...only to then die, definitely put him through the emotional wringer. Oh yeah, and the Big Bad is apparently himself :evil:.

So how are there two Loki variants? Is this second Loki going to end up being Female Loki? What's the endgame here :mad:?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Loved it. It was all laughs at the start but then it got so emotional when the Variant Loki saw the deaths of Frigga and Odin then his own and finally answered Mobius's question. Enjoyed the revelation of how powerless Loki felt in the presence of all those stones. It was nice little nod for fans because I'm pretty sure in the comics, a stone is useless outside of its home universe. I love me good pathos. And new layers to the mythology of the MCU.

Thought it was hilarious that the D.B. Cooper unsolved mystery in the MCU is just the result of a bet that Loki lost. lol.

I feel like Mobius's decision to recruit Loki is like a self-fulfilling prophecy that will seal the deal with the creation of the fugitive Variant Loki, he/she killing Minutemen, the end of the TVA, and the return of the multiverse/multiversal war.

I'm curious about these Time Keepers and if they'll factor any further into the show like will there be some twist regarding them a la Wizard of Oz?

So...how frequent is time travel that the TVA have so much work to do and take so many people into custody? How did that Skrull, that Goldman-Sachs guy, or that one woman end up as variants? Not everyone can nab a Space Stone thanks to time travel hijinks :confused:.
I think the cartoon called it Nexus points and I'm thinking that ties back to Dark World to what Dr. Selvig was babbling about in the nut house. I think these variants accidentally stepped into something like a dimensional door or time slip by mistake. They essentially confirmed what the Ancient One explained to Bruce in Endgame wasn't the only way to muck up the timeline.
So the Time Keepers are basically time gods who re-forged the universe into one, single, timeline that can't be altered? All the Avengers' hijinks in Endgame was part of "the plan" which is why it wasn't a problem? The Time Keepers are still around, building the timeline? Is there not supposed to be a multiverse even though it seems like we'll be seeing it in future movies? Seems like this series is going to say a lot about determinism, fate, and the choices we make :oops:.
When they showed that stuff, it made me wonder if what's happening in What If?, No Way Home, and Multiverse of Madness has a direct connection to this show and something terrible happens in the last episode that dovetails i.e. the restoration of the multiversal war.
What exactly is where the TVA is? The end of time? Are they a civilization existing outside of time and dedicated entirely to protecting it? Kind of giving me 31st century, Legion of Superheroes, vibes :cool:.
I believe in the comics, the TVA was based in a point outside of time. The Time Keepers built the TVA and all the people that work for it, it's basically its own advanced civilization.
Sorry AoS fans, I think to Feige Coulson is still dead :sweat:.
Everything is relative. :p And not like the death was outright confirmed, they kept it vague enough. Though he was dead at that moment in The Avengers and he will be dead again anyway and by 2020 there's an advanced LMD of him out there trying to find himself. And like the judge said for the Avengers, S.H.I.E.L.D. and the Runaways were meant to time travel and weren't pruned either.
So how are there two Loki variants? Is this second Loki going to end up being Female Loki? What's the endgame here?
Like Neo, I thought the boy at the church might have been the fugitive Variant Loki trolling them in the form of a boy and the real form is the one we later saw in the cloak, Lady Loki (who I assume the insiders billed as Enchantress early into development of the series back a few years). But yes, it's a juicy question of how there's at least one more Loki Variant, Variant Loki finds a loophole and creates another variant that they task with the current mission he/she is on and why he/she's stocking up on those reset bombs -- to destroy the TVA once and for all?

Frontier

Staff member
Loved it. It was all laughs at the start but then it got so emotional when the Variant Loki saw the deaths of Frigga and Odin then his own and finally answered Mobius's question. Enjoyed the revelation of how powerless Loki felt in the presence of all those stones. It was nice little nod for fans because I'm pretty sure in the comics, a stone is useless outside of its home universe. I love me good pathos. And new layers to the mythology of the MCU.
Now that you mention it, the Stone's powers are so universe specific that it wouldn't make a lot of sense for them to still have the same effect outside their universe o_O.
Thought it was hilarious that the D.B. Cooper unsolved mystery in the MCU is just the result of a bet that Loki lost. lol.
Loki messing with humans even back then...this time driven by Thor :p.
I feel like Mobius's decision to recruit Loki is like a self-fulfilling prophecy that will seal the deal with the creation of the fugitive Variant Loki, he/she killing Minutemen, the end of the TVA, and the return of the multiverse/multiversal war.
I think they're definitely setting up the destruction of the TVA, either from the actions of the Loki's or something and that sets everything off :ack:.
I'm curious about these Time Keepers and if they'll factor any further into the show like will there be some twist regarding them a la Wizard of Oz?
I do think it's interesting that we see so many statues of them, and they're apparently still working on the timeline, but we don't actually see them in the flesh :confused:.
I think the cartoon called it Nexus points and I'm thinking that ties back to Dark World to what Dr. Selvig was babbling about in the nut house. I think these variants accidentally stepped into something like a dimensional door or time slip by mistake. They essentially confirmed what the Ancient One explained to Bruce in Endgame wasn't the only way to muck up the timeline.
Time travel is a fragile thing :oops:
When they showed that stuff, it made me wonder if what's happening in What If?, No Way Home, and Multiverse of Madness has a direct connection to this show and something terrible happens in the last episode that dovetails i.e. the restoration of the multiversal war.
Loki gets recruited into the TVA to offset the Multiversal War...ends up destroying the TVA and restarting the Multiverse. Good job, Loki ;).
I believe in the comics, the TVA was based in a point outside of time. The Time Keepers built the TVA and all the people that work for it, it's basically its own advanced civilization.
Time Lords, eat your heart out :rolleyes2:.
Everything is relative. :p And not like the death was outright confirmed, they kept it vague enough. Though he was dead at that moment in The Avengers and he will be dead again anyway and by 2020 there's an advanced LMD of him out there trying to find himself. And like the judge said for the Avengers, S.H.I.E.L.D. and the Runaways were meant to time travel and weren't pruned either.
True :).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I do think it's interesting that we see so many statues of them, and they're apparently still working on the timeline, but we don't actually see them in the flesh :confused:.
I'm curious if Richard E. Grant is portraying one of them or like I said sort of the Wizard of Oz of the show (like maybe a take on He Who Remains), or someone unrelated to the Timekeepers.
Loki gets recruited into the TVA to offset the Multiversal War...ends up destroying the TVA and restarting the Multiverse. Good job, Loki ;).
Well, there was the conversation with Mobius and being asking what he wants to be the king of - Midgard, the Nine Realms, then space. But all that was upended by what he learned in the episode. Yet, now he's presented with something even more powerful he could take over, a multiverse. Plus, who knows when ego will set in. I doubt it will sit well with Loki that there's another variant Loki out there who is potentially a better version of the original.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Well, there was the conversation with Mobius and being asking what he wants to be the king of - Midgard, the Nine Realms, then space. But all that was upended by what he learned in the episode. Yet, now he's presented with something even more powerful he could take over, a multiverse. Plus, who knows when ego will set in. I doubt it will sit well with Loki that there's another variant Loki out there who is potentially a better version of the original.
Probably for the best Mobius didn't show him what happened when he was king of Asgard :p.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
loki.jpg

Episode 2 "The Variant"
Mobius puts Loki to work, but not everyone at TVA is thrilled about the God of Mischief's presence.

Last edited:

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
"The Variant" - I admit as someone who doesn't follow typical live action super hero fare that closely (the most I honestly watch are bits of some of the CW series mostly Legends of Tomorrow but again not even the full episodes) I'm still not really use to these sort of slow build stories at least playing out as hourly procedurals. Thus though I know this is a six episode series and we're likely going to really only get what the main point of this really is about by the last or even second last episode, I admit I can be a bit impatient on how the actual story plays out. Which is fine. I guess the TVA going in... sticks ablazing into every scenario even when they know the person is likely trapping them is a bit annoying but I take it this is a group who really hasn't this kind of problem before and thus doesn't really know how to handle it. Also for as sneaky as this Variant Loki is, their big way of stalling Loki is just to have some fight in a half broken convenience store using Randy's muscles and items around also feels a bit lame. But at least I can see this time around the villain is building up something. WandaVision it was more finding out exactly what part Wanda was playing in this allusion and how much was Agatha manipulating events and Falcon and the Winter Soldier it Kharli and the Flagsmahsers only having a grand plan in that second to last ep just making more small moves and grieving over their own losses before it.
Here though it's clear this Variant actually has a much bigger plan and that Variant is I guess Lady Loki. Which though looking kind of cool I don't think is really that big a deal. Maybe to some comic book readers who know more about the variety of Loki but honestly if it was like she was working as part of a larger team of Lokis including one that looked more like Tom Hiddleston that to me would be much more interesting then she's just an alternate because... felt we already knew that before and now we're just seeing her properly and knowing she wants to destroy the TVA. I guess how those time line breaks are shown also don't feel like that big a deal considering we just see it from the TVA's perspective so hard to really gauge how bad it is. Though at least the ending of Loki going after her feels like a decent stinger and curious to exactly find out what her plan is.

I will say I do think the comedy in this one is a step up from the last. The opening is a bit slow since though the "I need a hero" song bit is cute feels like stuff like say Shrek 2 did that joke wayyyyyyyyyyy better and though Loki messing with Miss Minutes and trying to fool the TVA as well as point out the difference between replication and illusion projection, I admit to me this episode really only picked up once Mobius pointed to Loki "hey you think the time burreau backstory is absurd what's your backstory again?" and Loki pointing out he's an ice giant raised by the God Odin and Mobius saying "uh wouldn't an outsider say that is ridiculous" because I appreciate a series that can point out with how weird it's world is that anything can be on the table, and then things really picked up when Loki had to hit the books and try and find clues. I actually think the idea of hiding out in apocalypses where everything is going to be destroyed so being around and doing minor things before hand actually is pretty brilliant since yeah you aren't going to focus on that when detailing the gigantic threats and do think it was great how Loki used Mobius's salad as an example and Mobius complaining throughout. And then going to Pompeii and Loki freeing the goats and saying everyone's going to die right before it happened and before saying "if there's one thing you must know I like more then betraying is being right" and yeah that stuff is great. As is pointing out "I wouldn't stab someone in the back again that is such a boring way of betraying someone I'd want to do something better". And though battle wise it wasn't that enjoyable I do admit the idea of Loki fighting this variant going into other people's bodies and attacking him with a little toy car as a distraction is amusing.

What I also appreciate is this digging more into the characters and their goals. Like yeah we all knew Loki wasn't good by the end of the last episode and that he wants the power of the TVA but I like how that plays into Mobius knowing that and wanting to use it to find that other Loki. While pointing out why he believes in the TVA and the sacred timeline and how he goes about his day. It was mentioned before the whole putting some chaos into order being a theme here and I like how that is hinted at just by the idea of Mobius wanting to jet ski but obviously not being able to anywhere within a timeline since yeah that would create branches. I guess he could like do it and then erase that time but that'd probably go against the TVA code and yeah clear even if he has some issues with Renslayer he does get along with her somewhat and there is a connection between them. I admit I at least now can tell more the difference between Renslayer and B-15 which I couldn't as much last week (because again I am an idiot who needs to adjust to remembering characters sometimes) even if all they really did here was talk with Mobius and get taken down by the Variant respectively but hey at least still building the characters some and that works. Plus yeah I do appreciate this is a show where the "heroes" are playing various mind games with one another from Mobius to Loki and trying to see who will fall for the other's ploy. .

Seems too like most of the rest of this show won't be so heavily spoiled as it felt like this and the first episode were and there will be more surprises for us each week so yeah though still adjusting to the idea and wanting to see more of the story advance it did so decently here and the comedy once it got going was solid as are the characters so yeah pretty good. Not great but still curious where this is going and will certainly be watching next week and beyond to see that.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Herron talks about filming the Miss Minutes scene.

Whether it's a mistake or not but the Castillian credits listed Di Martino's character as "Sylvie". Sylvie Lushton?

Clever idea to hide in apocalypse events. Even neater to use Thor: Ragnarok in the detective sleuthing part of the episode. And Mobius and Loki getting into each other's heads. Yes, the bit about each other's origins, lol. Had a feeling they would play with ego and who the superior Loki was. But how the heck did Lady Loki figure that out she could hide in apocalypses and how does she know so much about the TVA enough to easily ambush the Minutemen over and over and how to use their weapons and tech? So we know she bombed the Sacred Timeline and now knows the location of the Time-Keepers. The former seems like a big stunt to keep the TVA distracted long enough for her to make use of the latter. She says it's not about Loki. Is her goal somewhat altruistic - like there should be both order and chaos for a balanced multiverse and for the sake of free will?

Also, when the workers see the bombing, I think I saw Vormir in 2400 and Asgard 2004 among those hit. Also pretty funny these two weren't the only Loki variants and Roxxcart was a pastiche of Walmart. Love the look of the TVA, I mean that shot of the gigantic elevator? Astounding. Or in Renslayer's office, the shelve with the souvenirs -- that snowglobe made of think of St. Elsewhere's ending. Should we really wonder who this other analyst is or is it another 'Mephisto' that's gonna distract us? I guess the jet ski thing will pay off in the finale somehow. As for the Time-Keepers, I'm start to get the feeling they might not be real and Renslayer is the Wizard of Oz on this show...

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Loki "The Variant"

Not too many TV shows blow up their entire premise in the second episode.

The show is so far very unpredictable, which is good considering who the main character is.

Lady Loki is pretty cool so far.

The Pompeii scene was great fun.

I've ridden on a jet ski once as a kid. It was awesome. Mobius has his priorities straight.

I really dig Mobius and that he seems to be the only one who can tell when Loki is lying. Although he still trusts him more than he should.

I'm digging what I've seen so far. ****.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
A renaissance fair would have been the perfect opportunity to put Loki in his classic costume. I am so disappointed they didn't go there :sad:.

So is Miss Minutes like an actual, physical, AI that the Time Keepers created? Man, it was hilarious watching Tom Hiddleston and Tara Strong trade jibes :p.

I love how the TVA give Loki a jacket that says "Variant" just so everyone knows what he is and where he stands. Like he's one mistake away from getting vaporized at this point :rolleyes2:.

Loki is that common a variant? I guess his grand purpose drives him to mess with the timeline often. I feel like they missed a chance to show off a bunch of different Loki looks from the comics over the years, although they did include a brief one in the Jason Aaron Thor run :).

Debating which is the superior Loki when the real one is still dead is...kind of surreal :oops:.

So Loki's grand plan it to see the Time Keepers and overthrow them, or at least that's his plan on the surface, but it's kind of interesting to me that not even Mobius has ever actually seen the Time Keepers but Ravonna has. And then Loki keeps questioning about their existence and the TVA's purpose and whether free will actually exists, and it seems like we have an overarching mystery on our hands :ack:.

That one TVA desk guy is going to end up getting picked on by Loki all season, isn't he ;)?

So in 2050 are there no Avengers ready to intervene in a disaster zone and save people trapped in a storm? I can see why they probably wouldn't want to nail anything that concreate down in a future flash forward, but I was genuinely curious :confused:.

Of course Roxxxon is now a corporate conglomerate with their own supermarket :cool:.

I have to admit I wasn't expecting the actual look of Lady Loki. Like, I had this image in my hand of Oliver Coipel's Lady Loki with luscious, long, black hair and a divine beauty with huge Loki horns, but here she has blonde hair, short horns, and doesn't quite look like a Tom Hiddleston gender-flip. Granted, in the comics back then Loki was possessing Sif and looked like her, and that's obviously not the case here. Not sure how to feel about it, although the actress feels great, as did all the possessed people having to play Loki in their bodies :D.

Why is this Loki transformed into a woman, specifically? Is it to feel incognito? Did she just feel like it? Or is it because she's so far away from her origin point that she doesn't acknowledge herself as the old Loki? She seemed genuinely insulted or mad when he called her "Loki" :elle:.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
So in 2050 are there no Avengers ready to intervene in a disaster zone and save people trapped in a storm? I can see why they probably wouldn't want to nail anything that concreate down in a future flash forward, but I was genuinely curious :confused:.
6/17: Idk. Got a feeling they didn't have the resources in our time, much less in 2050, to react to every natural disaster relief effort. If they're even still is an Avengers team at that point int time.
Why is this Loki transformed into a woman, specifically? Is it to feel incognito? Did she just feel like it? Or is it because she's so far away from her origin point that she doesn't acknowledge herself as the old Loki? She seemed genuinely insulted or mad when he called her "Loki" :elle:.
Well, if you freeze frame a part when Loki is looking over files there is one about a variant named "Sylvie Laufeydottir".

Like reflection noted, this could be not Loki. Maybe a sister that wasn't pruned from a branch.

Another thing I noticed upon research is this "Lady Loki" has one broken horn. Not sure what that means.

6/18: Atlanta Marriott Marquis used for filming of TVA scene.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
loki.jpg

Episode 3 "Lamentis"
Loki finds out The Variant's plans, but he has his own that will forever alter both their destinies.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts