"Loki (Disney+ Limited Series)" Talkback (Spoilers)

Marvelman02

I have a question about Loki's strength level.

Loki is no Thor, but as demonstrated in Loki's fight with Captain America, Loki is still much stronger than an ordinary human. Yet, in the most recent episode, only two guards are required to restrain him. What happened to Loki's super-strength?

Frontier

Staff member

Loki is no Thor, but as demonstrated in Loki's fight with Captain America, Loki is still much stronger than an ordinary human. Yet, in the most recent episode, only two guards are required to restrain him. What happened to Loki's super-strength?
Loki seems a lot less dangerous and capable in this series than he did in the movies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member

7/1: The neck manacle probably weakens their prisoners, too.
I am interested to see why and when Ravonna became in the know about the truth of the TVA :confused:.
Hmm. I would guess when she seemingly replaced the judge in the opening flashback.
The ruined Avengers Tower makes me wonder if this an AU timeline where Loki won the Battle of New York :oops:.
Good eye. EDIT: Or if Iron Man failed and the nuke hit NYC.
Maybe Loki rallies the other Variants together to fight the TVA :proud:?
Or all try to backstab each other first. :p

7/2: Ep. 4 writer Eric Martin posts some tidbits.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
loki.jpg

Episode 5 "Journey Into Mystery"
Loki tries to escape The Void, a desolate purgatory where he meets variant versions of himself.

Last edited:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Loki "Journey Into Mystery"

That was nice. A little TOO nice if you ask me. The entire arc of the series has been Loki growing and changing, and learning to love and trust Sylvie and Mobius. And that's sweet, and his and Sylvie's scenes together make me very happy.

Which is why I'm concerned. She's a Loki. We've been so focused on Loki betraying her and Mobius have we stopped to consider the fact that's likely that she is going to betray him and always planned to? The ending was a little TOO sweet and hopeful for my liking. I would also very much like to be wrong. But I feel a rug is about to be pulled out from under me.

But the truth is the episode is great, regardless of what happens next week. The Frog of Thunder trapped in a jar was like the most perfect Easter Egg ever because I had to replay it a few times to understand what it was. I also like that the kid Loki became a variant simply by killing Thor. Classic Loki had a great backstory, and makes me wonder if the real Loki might have faked his death too, and that Classic Loki became a variant for a different reason. I somehow doubt that's the case because I think the time agency would have figured that out by now, and they seem to actually believe he died at the hands of Thanos. It's likelier Classic Loki became a variant because he didn't.

I very much liked his grand sacrifice at the end.

I am annoyed I was surprised at it being Mobius in the car. It's the only person it could have been, and I was so absorbed in the episode I plum forgot that. I half-expected it to be D'Arcy. I'm a dope.

The Alligator Loki raises similar questions to the Frog Thor. It's a funny idea, as is the Ultimate Loki breaking into the headquarters because the doofy Loki betrayed them, and HE'S shocked everyone else betrayed him. Again, this was something that makes me worried about Sylvie. What's especially fun is OUR Loki finds the idea as annoying and pointless as it actually is. Maybe he IS learning something after all.

Very strong episode. I feel next week could potentially be a let-down though. It's being built that way simply because we're getting our hopes up. Season finales are the places producers like to stomp on them *****.

Frontier

Staff member
Who knew that in a show about Loki the most duplicitous and manipulative character would be Ravonna? Then again, she was able to manipulate Kang the Conqueror in the comics from what I remember...

Did Alligator Loki just roll his eyes? Or roll his eyes as much as an alligator can :p?

Why do the other Loki's defer to Kid Loki? Because he actually managed to kill Thor, or at least killed him way earlier than any other Loki. Which is kind of ironic considering Kid Loki in the comics probably cared about Thor the most :oops:.

People kept asking for a Thanos cameo, well, here's the Thanos Copter for some reason. And poor Frog Thor trying to get back to Mjolnir :eek:.

So Old Loki managed to find a way to survive Thanos (I guess Prime!Loki just didn't think that far ahead) and live out his days in isolation until he finally wanted to see Thor again and got collected by the TVA. Kind of sad :(.

I thought Vote Loki was going to be the main Loki, but it turns out to be another Variant. He honestly acted the most like Thor 1 - The Dark World Loki compared to what we're dealing with now. No surprise that a bunch of Loki Variants would be playing Game of Thrones with who gets to be in charge :rolleyes2:.

Does Miss Minutes actually know who founded the TVA? She seems more aware than I think we're giving her credit for :confused:.

So apparently the female Variant is the most morally righteous and smart of all the Loki's. Gender paradigms, what can you do ;)?

I'm glad Loki was able to hug Mobius before seeing him off :).

Compared to past Marvel cloud monsters (Galactus, Dormammu), this was actually pretty intimidating :ack:.

Old Loki was probably the strongest Loki, able to actually cast a full magical recreation of Asgard...and he went out so epically :cool:.

So Loki and Sylvie are going to be confronting the creator of the TVA while Mobius tries to take down the TVA and Ravonna...will we get to see both arcs play out in the finale? Of course Ravonna is trying to find the truth of the TVA too :mad:.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
"Journey Into Mystery" - Okay this time around I have more nitpicks then more concrete issues. It did feel at times the team was trying to show off and waste a bit of time on honestly nothing that super impressive. In the opening trying to show the void space that Loki disappeared into, and that house where whoever created the TVA resides at. Like I get wanting to show off those locations but those felt a bit like wasting time then really feeling the ambiance of such huge locals. Also though I get wanting to learn info from Renslayer why didn't Sylvie after getting a temp pad take Renslayer into an apocalypse and enchant her there which yeah guess Renslayer also doesn't know really anything but still staying in the TVA felt like a bad move. Not the stupidest move and I get some of the logic for it which again is why I'm labeling it as a nitpick not really an issue. Let's see other nitpicks uh.... though at least more justified here felt like there was a bit too much talk of love and though I guess he and Alligator Loki are still out there weird we don't see Kid Loki after separating from the group at the end. I guess it was to make Classic Loki's moment mean more but struck me as weird and... yeah that's pretty much it. IMHO like Falcon and the Winter Soldier this show really racketed up in it's second to last episode although in a totally different way as it's now the heroes and others going to investigate exactly what's really going on and doing so in a really cool way.

First off I did enjoy what we got of the other Lokis. I really like how Alligator Loki is something regular Loki just accepts as being there and is only a bit confused at it being a Loki and the bond it has with Classic Loki being able to understand him. I really dig too the idea that of this group Kid Loki is the one in charge because he's the one who actually killed Thor. I almost wish we saw that but that's a selfish desire I admit to that doesn't taint this at all. I really dig how we finally find out why the black Loki is called boastful Loki trying to say he killed the Avengers and then being the one to betray the group. I guess kind of obvious of the group (I hope that's not like a racist thing to say) he was going to be the one around for the least time but it made sense. I also really dig Classic Loki pointing out how he was able to actually not die in Infinity War thanks to a powerful illusion and thus spent so much time wandering in space and finding his own planet and spending ages there so that's why he is super aged. Again it does give you a good glimpse at each of these guys and them feeling like their own unique take on the character and it makes sense to give Classic Loki who probably had the best emotion of the group be the one to make the big sacrifice play at the end. Though I have to say of all the Lokis the best part was easily showing there was like a team of all of these other Loki. And that President Loki bit from the trailer was for one of these other Loki and them all back stabbing and turning tail on the other leading to this whole big fight that regular Loki watches in shock as the group slinks away. I guess that was the big battle of the episode and though nothing spectacular it was amusing and I do give it credit for being a good reason why these other Lokis realize "yeah backstabbing and turning tratior on everyone doesn't work we want to move past that" without just hammering the point in so good stuff there.

And though it was a bit of a minor quibble of mine part of the path I actually liked the stuff with Ravonna. I remember one of the writers saying Miss Minutes would get an arc which yeah all we really see her doing is gathering information uncomfortably but at least she's there (unlike the last two episodes) and ties in with Ravonna's whole plot. I do feel that Renslayer was earnest in wanting answers and actually can be good at tricking someone since yeah for a minute did seem like she would team with Sylvie but obviously Sylvie caught on that wasn't the case and did manager to get away rather cleverly since yeah she has a time pad and once she had Loki could of just gone back but didn't due to reasons we'll discuss later. But yeah I do dig Sylvie poniting out Renslayer wanting answers and getting that with B-15 as well. Obviously Ravonna isn't a hero or antyhing but she is someone who has also been sort of used by the time keepers and I get wanting to try and find her own way of figuring out what they are doing. I think some people said it was obvious the time keepers were fake based on how they acted when we saw them previosuly but quite honestly I think like most universes you do have to go with a "look if all of this other crazy crap is real and can actually happen to you why not this". Seriously these are guys who go through space time taking time variations of someone to be destroyed for the sake of not breaking and starting a multi verse war; I kind of think you would be willing to believe in well pretty much everything if you can stomach that.

I have to admit too more then most episodes of this show I think the heart stuff actually worked. I do feel the Mobius and Loki bond was strong enough where him actually calling Mobius a friend and hugging him as they parted ways worked and I am glad Mobius was still around with that pizza van. Really loved his whole point of "ends justifying the means" as to why he was so loyal for so long and then saying to Sylvie "you're my favorite" and talking about wanting to now burn the TVA down. Because yeah once you have been essentially offed by some group like that kind of past the point of being loyal to them in anyway and also appreciate the chat he had with the other Lokis especially saying alligator Loki being a long con would be pure Loki. And though I did see it as sort of cheesy last time I admit the more I see of Sylvie and Loki as a couple the more I do dig them. I appreciate him trying to pull rank on being here longer saying her enchant plan wouldn't work and her pointing out how stupid his trying to kill The Smoke Monster (I know it has another name but you know what screw it? This is the smoke monster from Lost for all the damage it does though I'm sure it will have a better explanation for it's being then Lost did heh heh) plan was. And I also like them bantering on how Mobius's Loki love theory wasn't true but still bonding over him giving her a blanket to share in and talking about what they're going to do after this and her helping him learn to enchant. And I admit Loki opening up about realizing how he's betrayed and used people and why he's done so and wanting to be better then that worked for me and quite honestly shows this Loki is different then the one even from teh end of Thor Ragnarok and Infinity War. Having that partner and this other purpose then just dying as a sacrifice really gives the character more to chew on and makes sense why we are seeing much more of their journey.

So yeah probably IMHO the best episode of this series yet as all I have are really nitpicks as to problems with it. Honestly if this can stick the landing it probably still won't be my fav series (which is probably still so far Falcon and the Winter Soldier) but it will be one that easily got over it's weaker mid point for a very solid run and yeah makes me curious as to show exactly is pulling the strings because now there has to be someone as they built it up too much. Will it be another Loki whose actually behind the TVA? Kang The Conqueror? Officer Barbrady? .... Hey might as well make sure we cover all the bases but yeah good if not a bit extended ending of Loki and Sylvie going to find out who that is to wrap up this one and can't wait to see the reveal next time.

reflection01

I feel like this episode strongly hinted at Miss Minutes being the big bad. Maybe she is another female Loki. That setup feels more earned than Kang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Frontier

Staff member
I feel like this episode strongly hinted at Miss Minutes being the big bad. Maybe she is another female Loki. That setup feels more earned than Kang.

Or at least Miss Minutes knows who the real founder of the TVA is...

reflection01

That’s clear. Definitely seemed like she initiated the stalling and I’m pretty sure she brought up the Void Ship and Renslayer went along with it.

I’d love to see Tara Strong as another Loki though.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Loved just the Lokis chilling in the bunker. Fun stuff. I was all in with Alligator Loki. Had the feels when Loki hugs Mobius. Richard E. Grant killed it. Kid Loki being the leader because he offed his Thor.

I don't trust Ravonna at all. Who's to say she just wants to kill the creator and usurp power to keep the TVA going, still believing in its purpose. Guess we'll see Mobius and B-15 mount some sort of rebellion next week.

I just loved the Frog Thor and Thanos Copter cameos. But also about 30 seconds into the episode the Avengers Tower has Qeng Enterprises on it, which is another nod to Kang (basically, in the comics, Tony sells the Avengers Tower to Qeng Enterprises but it is later revealed that Qeng is a front for Kang). Then Alioth has links to Ravonna and Kang in the comics, too. And the castle that's revealed at the end may as well be Chronopolis though there was a fitting Emerald City feel to it as well. As a Ghostbusters fan, loved the Hi-C Ecto Cooler shout out.

Man, it feels just too good to be true for the big bad to be Kang. This is like Mephisto all over again, lol. Or what are the chances it's another Loki variant? But what would a Loki gain from creating the TVA...

I feel like Miss Minutes was the creator of the TVA's way of keeping an eye on the TVA without the TVA knowing about it. They just think she's an A.I. but it's really the equivalent of the creator doing a video chat on his/her cell phone with a cartoon and voice filter on.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

... Okay I'm not going to lie: I'm going to be mad if that winds up being the case. Not because I wanted to specifically see Kang or because I think that's a horrible twist. I think that's actually a brilliant twist... but it's one if that was the case wanted to be fully surprised about actually playing out. Now if it does though I'll just have to go "well reflection called that one" and that sort of personally ruins the fun for me.

Frontier

Staff member
That’s clear. Definitely seemed like she initiated the stalling and I’m pretty sure she brought up the Void Ship and Renslayer went along with it.

I’d love to see Tara Strong as another Loki though.
Well, she doesn't get a lot of opportunities to use her British accent :p.

Although of course there's probably some appeal in Tom Hiddleston going up against Tom Hiddleston...
Loved just the Lokis chilling in the bunker. Fun stuff. I was all in with Alligator Loki. Had the feels when Loki hugs Mobius. Richard E. Grant killed it. Kid Loki being the leader because he offed his Thor.
Because of course the one Loki that managed to kill Thor, even as a child, would command respect :evil:.
I don't trust Ravonna at all. Who's to say she just wants to kill the creator and usurp power to keep the TVA going, still believing in its purpose. Guess we'll see Mobius and B-15 mount some sort of rebellion next week.
It's hard for me to believe anything Ravonna says. I'm not even clear what her motivations are :confused:.
Man, it feels just too good to be true for the big bad to be Kang. This is like Mephisto all over again, lol. Or what are the chances it's another Loki variant? But what would a Loki gain from creating the TVA...
I guess it depends on whether Marvel is willing to debut or heavily involve a character that is set for one of their future movies like this :ack:.
I feel like Miss Minutes was the creator of the TVA's way of keeping an eye on the TVA without the TVA knowing about it. They just think she's an A.I. but it's really the equivalent of the creator doing a video chat on his/her cell phone with a cartoon and voice filter on.
Never trust a sentient AI :eek:.

reflection01

... Okay I'm not going to lie: I'm going to be mad if that winds up being the case. Not because I wanted to specifically see Kang or because I think that's a horrible twist. I think that's actually a brilliant twist... but it's one if that was the case wanted to be fully surprised about actually playing out. Now if it does though I'll just have to go "well reflection called that one" and that sort of personally ruins the fun for me.

LOL. I’m flattered. After I posted that, I did find some other Miss Minutes theories out there too.

There aren’t many characters left that it could be. Another Loki, Miss Minutes, actual Timekeepers. Kang would be out of nowhere for the general audience.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Powerpuff Girls 2016 stands out from the other shows Bob Boyle created/co-created since it's the only one to star human characters, albeit super-powered ones. The other shows he created/co-created (Yin Yang Yo, Wow Wow Wubbzy, and Chico Bon Bon Monkey With A Tool Belt) star animal characters.
Im worried for other Nick shows due to newer Nicktoons shows like Smurfs, Kamp Koral get more attention which some other cartoons seems to not notice and forgot about it or new episodes airing in other countries.. thats my concern about treatment
That Girl Lay Lay on NickPluto for what I noticed in random times.. just I checked today.
This is why i changed my pfp for 1 day

My kizunatchi pfp will return after 1 day
Earlier this year was the 20th anniversary of macOS (then known as Mac OS X): 10.0 "Cheetah". Today, it's the 20th anniversary of the next release: 10.1 "Puma".

Featured Posts