"Lobo" Live-Action Film Pre-Release Discussion (Spoilers)

sdp

miscrave
Not really counting all DC projects are dead but when I saw the thread bumped, hopes were raised...

Spideyzilla

Staff member
Good. I hated the idea of a PG-13 Lobo with blue skin. Does that sound right at all?

Tobias

Who you gonna call?
I was thinking about this just yesterday and for some reason I was thinking that the only person who'd be able to pull off playing the REAL, R rated Lobo would be Danny Trejo.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
They're still considering this? I expect this to do about as well as th Catwoman film.

Frontier

Staff member
What's the next R-rated Superhero project that studios are going to dust off now that R-rated Superhero movies are now a thing :p?

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
Oh god please no anything but this DC already has enough grittiness I don't care if it's satire I want something different darnit.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
You may be in luck then Magmaster12 as "someone assigned to write a script" doesn't really mean anything production wise these days (someone was assigined to write a script for a Black Widow movie over 5 years ago... never heard anything else about that project) so this could be sat on for awhile. Especially because Lobo is not the Deadpool equilivent at DC. Remember Deadpool was made not only because of Ryan Reynolds super passion for the project, but that Deadpool in general is a very high comic seller with a lot of titles and impact on the medium. Lobo somewhat had that... in the 90's at the heyday of the character's popularity but that certainly isn't the case nowadays. He doesn't really have any titles going on right now or many major appearances in various storylines for the books and doesn't have the recognizability or supreme fan love now Wade Wilson would have. It's still there somewhat but... not nearly to the same degree of DP. I suppose a film could still happen but the reason something like Suicide Squad was picked up wasn't just due to the success of Guardians of the Galaxy but due to the Suicide Squad still being a successful comic line successful characters DC has attached to it. Seriously if there's a DP Equilivent at DC it's more Harley Quinn then Lobo honestly. So unless we actually get some more behind the scenes info about this, I wouldn't expect to hear anything about this for awhile. Especially as the main DC line up already extends to 2020 anyway.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
I could care less about Lobo, TBH, but if they do it, they have to use his pre-52 look. The new one is too Twilight for my liking.

the greenman

Was anyone really expecting them to release a Deadshot solo movie? Even one headlined by Will Smith :confused:?

Hopefully this is a sign that some of the excess or off-the-wall pitches of the DCEU are getting cut down to something more manageable and concrete.
I'm sure Smith wanted it, but now after the "seemingly" under performance of Bright. . . probably not happening. I'm curious about Lobo though. It probably was too risky.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts