"Lobo" Live-Action Film Pre-Release Discussion (Spoilers)

• Enter to win two tickets to MIRAI plus Merch. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
May 18, 2006
Ratings
974 1
East Northport
You may be in luck then Magmaster12 as "someone assigned to write a script" doesn't really mean anything production wise these days (someone was assigined to write a script for a Black Widow movie over 5 years ago... never heard anything else about that project) so this could be sat on for awhile. Especially because Lobo is not the Deadpool equilivent at DC. Remember Deadpool was made not only because of Ryan Reynolds super passion for the project, but that Deadpool in general is a very high comic seller with a lot of titles and impact on the medium. Lobo somewhat had that... in the 90's at the heyday of the character's popularity but that certainly isn't the case nowadays. He doesn't really have any titles going on right now or many major appearances in various storylines for the books and doesn't have the recognizability or supreme fan love now Wade Wilson would have. It's still there somewhat but... not nearly to the same degree of DP. I suppose a film could still happen but the reason something like Suicide Squad was picked up wasn't just due to the success of Guardians of the Galaxy but due to the Suicide Squad still being a successful comic line successful characters DC has attached to it. Seriously if there's a DP Equilivent at DC it's more Harley Quinn then Lobo honestly. So unless we actually get some more behind the scenes info about this, I wouldn't expect to hear anything about this for awhile. Especially as the main DC line up already extends to 2020 anyway.

the greenman

Jul 24, 2006
Ratings
2,981 5 1
the point of no return
Was anyone really expecting them to release a Deadshot solo movie? Even one headlined by Will Smith :confused:?

Hopefully this is a sign that some of the excess or off-the-wall pitches of the DCEU are getting cut down to something more manageable and concrete.
I'm sure Smith wanted it, but now after the "seemingly" under performance of Bright. . . probably not happening. I'm curious about Lobo though. It probably was too risky.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

I was just about to say "Where's Gridman?" on that Crunchyroll streaming thread.
DISH had recent upgrades on the 61.5 orbital slot this early morning. My signal strengths got increased and transponders were moved to another.

How Cartoon Network and TBS moved to other transponders. :P
What I love from the commercial studio Psyop, is the Cricket Wireless critters (known as the Cricketters) in different shapes and colored in Green, Yellow and Blue. So imaginative and cute! :)
Most Europeans here don't know about the old Grinch Christmas special. Even in Portugal.
When Is the Nickelodeon Highlights usually up for December? I Was just wondering...