Massachusetts
cartoon-info-blog.blogspot.com

jaylop97

Staff member
Oct 5, 2014
Ratings
5,241 36 1
Austin, Texas
This will be something to look out for, typically live action adaptations go one way or the other. I haven't seen KP in I'd say in years, hopefully it is as good as the cartoon and makes good castings and follows a theme that would fit the show, because it sounds like it can do well.

ToonJay723

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Ratings
1,538 13
New York
So we get a live action Kim Possible movie after all. There was originally plans to make a theatrical one, but the writers ended up choosing to write an original movie instead, Sky High.

I'll be looking forward to it since the creators are writing the screenplay.

Gold Guy

Ride On
Staff member
Dec 14, 2008
Ratings
2,710 6
New York City
Man, I've always been hoping we'd get a Kim Possible movie, but I always expected a theatrical release. Not that it needs a huge budget, but DCOM can be very hit or miss. Well, hoping for the best.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
May 18, 2006
Ratings
951 1
East Northport
A few days ago Watchmojo put Kim Possible on the list of "cartoons that should have live action movies" and it was one of they're better choices as though KP's world is a bit out there not to the ludicrious degree of say a Powerpuff Girls and Dexter's Laboratory where the characters just couldn't work in live action. You can have young adults still play a late high school/early college era Kim Possible and Ronstoppable fine (though yes the Molerat would have to be CGI... us KP fans get that's a reference) and honestly you can have just a focus on a few characters (since I'm sure the villains of this will be Dr. Drakken and Shego, the former of whom they still better have be blue) and not have an explosively high budget though... having it be a DCom does worry me. Especially since it seems what right now Disney channel makes good live action spy series is KC Undercover. Granted this does seem to have the original creative team back to do this movie so that's a positive but... still a bit worried on how it could turn out. At least it would be nice to see Disney give a bit more love back to KP considering how it was one of the big series that really brought people's attention to the Disney channel back in the day.

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
Ratings
In a Dream World
This is a nice surprise and the timing is pretty interesting too. I was just thinking of Kim Possible yesterday and how a TV special revival or reboot would be nice. I would have preferred an animated return instead, but this is still pretty cool. It was a fun show and it would be nice if they tried to do some more things with their various Disney Channel properties, especially when this would be considered nostalgic at this point. It's also a nice bonus that the creators are going to be involved with the script. I thought that they would be too busy to be involved with the movie. I haven't watched Disney Channel movies in ages, but I'll have to give this a watch. It should be interesting to see who they get for Kim and Ron.

I also hope that this movie will lead to at least putting the series on their On Demand section. They have Lizzie McGuire, The Proud Family and That's So Raven there, but I don't think that they have any of their other older original series. It would be a good way to get fans excited for the movie, as well as introducing the series to their current target audience.

May 28, 2016
Ratings
542 8
I was conflicted about this news at first, since the original series was animated (and I am still a big fan). But since the creators and EPs will be/are involved with it (and getting more positive reactions from other members here, plus also being a fan of their movie Sky High), I think I'm now super excited about this new movie.

I think the creators and DC will do their best to make it great for new viewers and (especially) the fans.
I believe it's... No Big.

Jan 17, 2005
Ratings
30 2
In the refuge
z7.invisionfree.com
So we get a live action Kim Possible movie after all. There was originally plans to make a theatrical one, but the writers ended up choosing to write an original movie instead, Sky High.

I'll be looking forward to it since the creators are writing the screenplay.
No, the original scripts were written at the same time; that was Disney's decision.

Dudley

Staff member
Aug 10, 2003
Ratings
2,660 28
East Coast of USA
www.dtoons.com
This is quite a surprise. I won’t expect it to be great but I’ll be willing to check it out. DCOM are usually filled with typical cliche teen drivel, but then again so did KP.
I wonder if the Rufus will be in CG...;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red Arrow

Proud Beneluxer
Oct 22, 2012
Ratings
3,509 67 1
Belgium
I don't know what a pager is but it's probably out of date as well.

♪ Call me, text me, if you wanna reach me
When you wanna tweet me, it's okay
Whenever you need me, baby ♫

tucsoncoyote

Time to get my "Game face" on
Jul 20, 2003
Ratings
Tucson, Arizona
www.savedisneyshows.org
Well well.. She's back... with a vengance.. and this time.. The Molerat will be VGI!

Now I was thinking this was an early April fool's day joke that a friend pulled on me, but after seeing ultiple related articles (Variety, as well as a few others, I have to say this

BOO-YEAH!

How long has Kim been out of circulation now? 10 + years? And now Disney is planning to release a live action movie that deals with our favorite Cheerleading heroine.. complete with the CGI Molerat...

Let's just say, that if Bob and Mark are back on the Job, then this.. this will be an epic movie.. or .. it could be the hype train that could jump the tracks.. After all there are other shows out there.. It seems that the super hero spy genere has been replaced again by the Magical Girl Genere..(Anyone seen Miraculous Ladybug? No,? Check it out, you'd be surprised how good of a CGI they got on that one..

But still a live action KP Will be worth the wait.. So... Anyone want to get in on the casting call? I know who I would play.. that Golfing madman.. Duff Killigan laddie and lassies.. and believe me, it might be woth the effort..

Ah well let's hope tis isn't just a hype train but a real movie after all it'll be interesting to see how this pans out..

Tucsoncoyote :coyote: