Live Action Bambi Remake at works at Disney

Latest News & Videos

Nov 20, 2019
Serbia
www.twitch.tv

You know what? Let's remake Aristocats but, live action!

Let's remake Great Mouse Detective, but live action!

Let's remake Emperor's New Groove, but live action!

Let's remake Chicken Little, but live action!

Let's remake Wreck It Ralph, but live action!

Let's remake Zootopia, but LIVE ACTION!

Why don't we remake EVERY animated movie made by Disney, but LIVE ACTION!

Because, why not???

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

Dr.Pepper

Sep 10, 2006
In A House
I’m actually on board with this. I feel like there is a lot of potential since they could add characters and plot elements from the book they could use.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
Jul 29, 2017
I’m actually on board with this. I feel like there is a lot of potential since they could add characters and plot elements from the book they could use.
Or better yet, the live-action remake could be more faithful plot-wise to the book.

Reactions: Dr.Pepper

Dudley

Staff member
Aug 10, 2003
East Coast of USA
www.dtoons.com
Count me as not surprised, that one’s being made. But I’m curious on how it’ll perform. Bambi’s considered a classic but is it as beloved as films from the Renaissance era?
Anyway, its obvious at this point Disney will make “live-action” adaptations of all their animated films eventually. Maybe if we’re lucky, they’ll make some of their TV shows when they run out of material.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 20, 2019
Serbia
www.twitch.tv
So with an announcement of live action remake of Bambi, I have been thinking about how many movies from WDAS canon have got live action treatment. Here is the list:
The ones that are released:
1. Fantasia (Ok I'm a little cheating with this 1, but 2 segments were adapted into a full movie)
2. Dumbo 2019
3. Cinderella 2015
4. Alice in Wonderland 2010
5. Lady and Tramp 2019
6. Sleeping Beauty (as Maleficent) 2014
7. Jungle Book 2016
8. Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (Ok I'm cheating again, but Winnie the Pooh does have a live action version, even if it wasn't a remake exactly) 2018
9. Beauty and Beast 2017
10. Aladdin 2019
11. Lion King 2019

And here is how many were announced but not released yet or are still in development or production:
1. Snow White and 7 Dwarfs
2. Pinocchio
3. Bambi (yesterday announced)
4. Peter Pan
5. 101 Dalmatians (as Cruella)
6. Sword in the Stone
7. Little Mermaid
8. Hunchback of Notre Dame
9. Mulan
10. Lilo and Stitch
And ????
1. Black Cauldron (Disney has the rights to the books but there are no words of the remake.being in development)

So as you can see 11 live action remakes have been released in the past 10 years and the same amount will be released in just next 2-3 YEARS! They are going through them pretty fast.

By going this speed, they will run out of stuff to remake. There are 58 movies in WDAS canon and almost half of them will be remade in live action before the first half of 2020s even ends. And sometime in 2030s, they will run out of stuff to remake. And then what would they do? Remake them again? Turn the live action adaptations from animated movies into... Animated movies? Will they pick animated movies outside of WDAS? Will they remake Pixar movies? Blue Sky Studios? Their Direct to DVD movies ( Actually sequels of Jungle Book and Aladdin are already in works, so...)? Will they turn their animated TV shows into live action (they already did it with Kim Possible, will they do it with like 60+ other Walt Disney Animation Television shows? I'm scared how will live action Ducktales look like?)

Anyway, these are my thoughts.

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Despite the backlash toward their Lion King remake, it still made a ton of money, so doing it with another movie featuring just animals wasn't too shocking. Although, they might be more willing to expand on Bambi than they were with the Lion King. Bambi is a really impressive movie animation wise. It looks incredibly beautiful for its time, but it doesn't have a lot of story. Despite how the death of Bambi's mother is so well known, they don't actually spend time focusing on that. It probably doesn't help that I only saw Bambi when I was older, but the death scene didn't really seem that traumatic or emotionally scarring. It might have been if I saw the movie when I was younger though.

SpaceCowboy

Mar 2, 2002
USA
Visit site
Disney, you've got it all wrong. This is how you do a live-action Bambi:

Detstvo Bembi.jpg

In case anyone's curious, it's a Russian film from 1985 called Bambi's Childhood in English. The deer become humans after the start of the film.

Last edited:

AdrenalineRush1996

May 13, 2016
I'm not really keen on this at all and I think they should've done a live-action remake of Atlantis: The Lost Empire instead of this.

the greenman

Jul 24, 2006
the point of no return
Count me as not surprised, that one’s being made. But I’m curious on how it’ll perform. Bambi’s considered a classic but is it as beloved as films from the Renaissance era?
Anyway, its obvious at this point Disney will make “live-action” adaptations of all their animated films eventually. Maybe if we’re lucky, they’ll make some of their TV shows when they run out of material.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I assumed that as well. I just think some will be on Disney+; if made at all. For instance, films like Tarzan, Peter Pan, Pinocchio, and Snow White, have been made and remade so many times over they need to really revamp them in a fresh way. Disney was going to do a spin off of Snow White called Rose Red(?) about 5 years ago with Captain Marvel attached to star. No word of it since then.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Disney is having such a bad time this month. With removing of Love, Simon and moving it's series to Hulu because it is too "mature", stopping production of Lizzie McGuire because it was also too "mature", having a "LGBT representation" in Onward and she only appears in ONE scene, few DisneyParks shutting down temporarily due to Coronavirus, their stock went down, Bob Iger left, and is being replaced by Bob Chapek
I know I’m saying this out of nowhere but, I wish The Hub was still around. My favorite shows were Dan Vs. and The Aquabats Super Show.

Cort Lane leaves Marvel animation.
Asa
I'm hoping at some point this decade, Netflix will finally pick up one of Fresh TV's new projects instead of Cartoon Network (not to sound offensive but seven shows seem quite enough).

Also if Total Dramarama does get cancelled at some point, Fresh needs to put the Total Drama franchise to rest (not abandoning it) for a little while and focus on other projects like Lucas the Spider.
Low Spark of Lyman wrote on PinkiePie97's profile.
I've noticed in my "Alerts" that you've commented on the Flintstones video I posted today, yet no comments from you are visible on the page for it via my laptop/mobile device (I see other comments, though). Not sure what's going on.