List of production music used in CN/Boomerang promos/continuities/block intros/etc.

• Enter to win two tickets to Whisper of the Heart. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

Hellfish

Jan 16, 2016
I've been trying to find the name of this song in this old toonami uk promo to no luck, can anyone help me with this?

Moleoman

Jan 22, 2011
Poland
I've found the title of the song that played during the CN clips collage filler (the one at 2:33 in the film below) and a similar one for Boomerang Europe which used the 2004 idents instead. It's "Cannibal Stomp" by Keith Charles Nichols: APM Music - Albums

Moleoman

Jan 22, 2011
Poland
Sorry for double post, but I've made another discovery. This time I found out where the music used in this late 90s European CN ident below came from:

It happens to be from Bruton library and it's the beginning of "Electric Boogie" by James Patrick Taylor: APM Music - Albums

Cool_Cat

Mar 20, 2015
Italy
I'm 100% sure "More Tea Vicar" (Atmos 129) has been used more than once, but I can't remember on which promo. It sounds very familiar to me.

Moleoman

Jan 22, 2011
Poland
Sorry, I have not identified it yet. In fact, I was actually surprised by the fact that CN UK/Europe has been using tracks from Bruton since as early as mid-1990s.

Another thing that amazed me recently is that Boomerang Italy used as one of "cheater" (as in the line doesn't form the head) up next BGMs (in ca. 2009-2012) a track from... Sonoton, or more specifically "Curtain Raiser" by John Charles Fiddy and Brian Thomas:
If anyone is still curious, I have checked the first 534 (!) albums (and some later ones) of the main Sonoton label (SCD) and I have found virtually nothing that was used by Turner's kids channels.

Reactions: Checkerboard

Leviathan

"It's against nature!"
Staff member
Do you guys know the music CN used for its Checkerboard-era Popeye show? In particular the one used for commercial bumpers starting at 0:20?

I'm fairly positive it was pulled out of a library, because a 1995 Fruity Pebbles tag for Floam uses it, something I don't think would have happened if it were created expressly for CN.

Moleoman

Jan 22, 2011
Poland
Oh boy, I've finally found the name of the soundtrack used for "Courage 60"/"Monster Vision" promos/bumpers on CN CEE and CN HQ (from 3:53):

Funny thing is that I have been looking through albums from KPM, Atmosphere (or in turn other ex-BMG Universal Production Music labels) or CPM to search this track but it turns out to be... "Winds of Change" by Pierre Arvey and it comes from... De Wolfe Music library.: De Wolfe

Here's one interesing note: Turner UK apparently has (or had?) been using tracks from De Wolfe since as early as mid-1994. One of BGMs used by TNT UK/Europe during its line-up intro bumpers during that year is "Travel Wise" [DWCD 0126/DWMIL 12] by Anthony Mawer: De Wolfe

EdCNPowerpuffDrama

Oct 11, 2016

I recognized the background song the moment I heard it in this newest promo for Total DramaRama created by Cartoon Network US. It's an instrumental version of "Way 2 Much Fun" by Robbie Nevil.

Reactions: koozboy

Moleoman

Jan 22, 2011
Poland
I've just found the title of the song used in a 2002-2003 "Spaced Out" filler on CN Poland/CEE (I remember that it was in "fake" letterbox and it ended with the footage of Martins arriving on the station): it's "Starlight" by The Supermen Lovers

On other hand, I still can't find the name of the production music piece used in the 2002/2003 CN commerical based on Casillas look (the incomplete version of the ad is seen below from 8:36):

From what I know, the same song was also used in "The Zack Files" promo reel that was available on Studio100's website before they adopted the M4E's site design in June/July 2018 and one of Disney Channel Poland prelaunch promos which aired in a loop before the channel launched in December 2006. In fact, I have managed to check all available pre-2003 CDs from Atmosphere, Match Music, KPM, Music House, Megatrax, Selected Sound and De Wolfe and I haven't found this mysterious tune yet.

(EDIT, 27th April 2019): Finally, I've found the title. It's "Kooky Bikini" [CHAP 252] from Chappell music library:

Oh, I forgot to add that the CN Casillas commercial was also recycled (without announcer, web address or any info at the bottom) into the intro/outro for Cartoon Network block on Polsat and Polsat 2.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Carlos Gutierrez wrote on PinkiePie97's profile.
I really do need to see Unikitty, Puppycorn, Dr. Fox, Hawkodile, and Richard come back for more new adventures this summer!
Happy Father's Day to all dads out there (including my own)!
Homestar Runner was trending yesterday and I didn't notice. Is the series all up ons again?
Amphibia looks pretty deece so far. The premise is like the isekai anime genre, except the main protagonist isn't stuck in a typical fantasy RPG world that most isekai anime take place in.