Lippy the Lion and Hardy Har Har Warner Archive DVD

Latest News & Videos

Marsh

Sep 26, 2019
San Mateo, California
Hello all,

I know it's been out seven months, but I finally watched and reviewed Warner Archive's Lippy the Lion and Hardy Har Har: The Complete Series DVD. These are the 1962-1963 Hanna Barbera cartoons of the duo, with all 52 episodes featured on two discs. Episodes are approximately five minutes each. Picture quality is good. The sound fluctuates a little and there's no captions/subtitles. But, the episodes are still entertaining, with Daws Butler and Mel Blanc doing most of the voices (with Don Messick, Doug Young, and Jean Vander Pyl also heard). Writing is clever, too. Interesting that the Hardy Har Har character first appeared in a 1960 Snooper and Blabber cartoon called Laughing Guess, looking different from his future cartoons. Daws Butler also was the voice of Hardy in the Snooper and Blabber episode, while Mel Blanc was the voice in the 1962-1963 series.

"Lippy the Lion and Hardy Har Har: The Complete Series" DVD Review

Marshall

Reactions: Chocolate Fizzles

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I’m adding Primo to Triad, turning it into QUAD. So now it’s Qubo, DiscFam, UniKids, and Primo. Should I add V-Me Kids to it for preschool content? It’s a sister channel to Primo, so it won’t affect it that much.
am I the only one posting the updates for Slimetime while nobody else seems to care????
R.I.P. Tomi DePaola, author and illustrator from my home state, best known for children's books such as Strega Nona.

He was so young.
In my April Fool's Day prank regarding either Mediacorp reviving Kids Central or Universal Kids merging with Qubo, I mistakenly called Primo TV as "V-Me Kids". I guess V-Me Kids ceased operation years ago. Sorry.