Line Of The Night 1/29/05

Pick a line. Or else!

• [B]Duel Masters [/B][BR]b[/BR][B]Shobu [/B]"Maybe my friends are right. Maybe I have lost my Mojo.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • [B]Duel Masters [/B][BR]b[/BR][B]Mr. Kadoko [/B]'So, Mimi was trying to help you."[BR]b[/BR][B]Shobu

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • [B]D.I.C.E [/B][BR]b[/BR][B]pirate [/B]"Hay, check out my new flash light. It's a brand new model. H

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [B]Teen Titans [/B][BR]b[/BR][B]Starfire [/B]"Oh yes! Come Robbining with us. It is most delightfu

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • [B]Justice League Unlimited [/B][BR]b[/BR][B]Static [/B]"Wow, Batman playing good cop."[BR]b[/BR][B]

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • [B]Megass XLR [/B][BR]b[/BR]courtesy of [B]tucsoncoyote [/B][BR]b[/BR][B]Captain Warlock [/B]"He wo

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • [B]Yu Yu Hakusho [/B][BR]b[/BR]courtesy of [B]Majin_Megabyte/Youko Recca [/B][BR]b[/BR][B]Kirishima

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • [B]Dragonball GT [/B][BR]b[/BR]Courtesy of [B]StraightCougar [/B][BR]b[/BR][COLOR=red][SIZE=+1][B] "

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • [B]Dragonball GT [/B][BR]b[/BR]courtesy of [B]Demonic Raven [/B][BR]b[/BR][B]Goku [/B]"'Till meet a

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • [B]Rurouni Kenshin [/B][BR]b[/BR][B]Sasaki [/B]"No mater what the reason, someone who kills another

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aquadementia

That's a lot of Mulaney!
Staff member
Let me have those Toonami lines and I'll put them in a poll, or something.

This could be the last night to quote classic Duel Masters here on Toonami.:sad: It didn't always get so many votes, but it was the funest to quote.

Majin_Megabyte

Ice Witch
I got a qoute from YYH.

Yuskue: "Well what do you know. Kuwabara is stupider than I am!"
Botan:" What did you make on your last test?"
Yuskue: "I got a twelve!"

Youko Recca

Retired
Majin_Megabyte said:
I got a qoute from YYH.

Yuskue: "Well what do you know. Kuwabara is stupider than I am!"
Botan:" What did you make on your last test?"
Yuskue: "I got a twelve!"
Yeah, I want to put the first half of that. The one where Kazuma and his three friends talk about how good they'll do. Put all of it together and it's pretty funny. Now if only I could recall the exact quote...

Aquadementia

That's a lot of Mulaney!
Staff member
What do you know?
I put a poll up!

Thanks to everyone for contributing lines tonight.
I put the two YYH lines together, since they are part of the same dialogue. Hope that doesn't bug you guys.

I'm probably not doing justice to D.I.C.E. It's sort of a joke line that the guy was holding what looked like a gun an they were calling it a flashlight, but they left in the part about it having a safety???
If anyone wants better lines, you best supply them yourself.
I went through the show about one and a half times and nothing was doing it for me. Maybe next week will be better.

I voted for Duel Masters. I love it when they work the Mojo.

Demonic Raven

Now I feel bad for you Aquadementia. You're probably going to have to make up the DICE quotes...every week. Uh....heh heh..good luck with that. :sweat:

Yeah so the dub might have butchered GTs ending a little bit, but Goku's final line was very well placed...and it wasn't in the original either. That was my vote. :D

True Noir

I had to vote for the line where Kuwabara and the guys talk about how well they did on their last tests. That always cracks me up.

The runnerups were that Kenshin line and the GT line "THE END".

Sampo

Bleh, didn't have time to watch any of the shows yesterday due to work so I couldn't submit a "line of the night" quote. :( Oh well, maybe next time.

StraightCougar said:
from the GT ending (text only) - "The End"
theend.jpg

Although I did vote for the above quote.

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
I had to go with Kenshin. It's straight to the point and forceful, just how I like it. I'd have voted for GT if one thing wasn't happening next week: the Miserable Lost Episodes. If it truly was the end of GT, then I'd be all for it, but with The Lost episodes airing for the first time starting next week, then it's really not over.

Sampo

Aquadementia said:
I'm probably not doing justice to D.I.C.E. It's sort of a joke line that the guy was holding what looked like a gun an they were calling it a flashlight, but they left in the part about it having a safety???
Odd I listened to that part three times, it sound like he said "Hey check out my new blaster..." Hmm, will re-check tomorrow. Gonna get some sleep. :sweat:

If anyone wants better lines, you best supply them yourself.
I went through the show about one and a half times and nothing was doing it for me. Maybe next week will be better.
Oye, I hope you don't go nutts re-watching that show too many times. :D

purplehairedwonder

No woman should suffer at the hands of men
Staff member
I went with the JLU line. The "The End" from GT, the YYH line, and the Kenshin line were really close behind. This was a hard week.

Aquadementia

That's a lot of Mulaney!
Staff member
Sampo said:
Odd I listened to that part three times, it sound like he said "Hey check out my new blaster..." Hmm, will re-check tomorrow. Gonna get some sleep. :sweat:

doh.gif
D'oh!
Yep, you're right. I listen to it now and I can hear 'blaster.'
I reviewed it a couple times Saturday and I could have sworn it was flash light, and there's a reason for that, but it's a rather poor one so I'll offer a more entertaining excuse inspired by Megas. I was fighting off a case of vampirism from being bitten by a cheerleader and everything sounded Romanian to me.

Demonic Raven said:
Yeah so the dub might have butchered GTs ending a little bit, but Goku's final line was very well placed...and it wasn't in the original either. That was my vote.."

doh.gif
D'oh!
doh.gif
D'oh!
Sorry I kind of screwed that up too.
If I was more with it Saturday I would have verified it with you and seen if you wanted to add the narrator portion.

Narrator "He was always friendly and cheerful. A true gentleman and a loving father. And now we end the story of the dragonballs with the hope that the earth will never again see the kind of darkness that brought it close to extinction so many times. But if that day comes... [BR]b[/BR]Goku "Nimbus!"[BR]b[/BR]Narrator ...there is one who will step out of the shadows and fight in the name of all that is good and true.[BR]b[/BR]Goku "'Till we meet again guys."

Looking forward to smother sailing next week.

FireStarterLE

You don't want to see us mad
i thought for sure "The End" would be a clean sweep .... i was thinking along two different point of views 1) the last words in the dragonball saga; 2) the last words in GT (which is like a sign from heaven saying it's finally over, you don't have to endure it any longer)

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
StraightCougar said:
i thought for sure "The End" would be a clean sweep .... i was thinking along two different point of views 1) the last words in the dragonball saga; 2) the last words in GT (which is like a sign from heaven saying it's finally over, you don't have to endure it any longer)
That's why I didn't vote for The End. We do still have to endure GT. They are starting up the never before seen Lost Episodes on Saturday after all.

Sampo

StraightCougar said:
Just like what bigddan11 posted, there are still those "Lost Episodes" *gasp* they were REALLY LOST?!!! they are going to air. So even though this is the last episode, it doesn't feel like "The End" since there is still more out there. We still got more pain coming our way, but hopefully these episodes will deal more with the other characters.

Here is my line of the night. It didn't feel right posting here without a quote that could have been submitted.

gogetem.jpg

Botan "Go for the kidneys!!!"

Spidey2099

*Scans poll*

Aw...no Megumi quote? :sweat:

Megumi: Look out, Sir Ken...

Kenshin: Hm?

Megumi: ...It's the dreaded...POTATO GIRL! *points to Kaoru*

Kenshin: *SNORT!*
whahey

*quote may not be exact*

Sampo

Spidey2099 said:
*Scans poll*

Aw...no Megumi quote? :sweat:

Megumi: Look out, Sir Ken...

Kenshin: Hm?

Megumi: ...It's the dreaded...POTATO GIRL! *points to Kaoru*

Kenshin: *SNORT!*
whahey

*quote may not be exact*

one.jpg

Megumi "Say by the way, wouldn't you agree that sweet potatoes suits Miss Kaoru's personality perfectly?"
Kenshin "Hmm?"

two.jpg

Kaoru *chomp* *chomp* *chomp*

three.jpg

Megumi "Look out!... It's the dreaded... POTATO GIRL!"

four.jpg

Kenshin *SNORT!*

five.jpg

Sano "HAHAHAHHAHA!"

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to admit, it's been a while since I read a really low-level, lazy clickbait article.
Ezra Bridger is a better Ezra than Ezra Miller. He at least repelled the Empire from his homeworld.
Today is the 25th anniversary of South Park, 18th anniversary of Foster's Home and 15th anniversary of Slacker Cats.

This day is full of anniversaries.
To my friends on the other side of the aisle: Aren't you tired of this? Do you think your cartoonishly ridiculous excuses for this crap sound remotely plausible to sane people? Doesn't defending the indefensible make you feel embarrassed and stupid? When is enough going to be enough? What will it take?
youtube Nickelodeon even uploaded sneak peek clip 6 min of upcoming episode of Young Dylan - The Gift Grift which was supposed to air last Thursday but was pulled at last notice

youtube Nickelodeon above banner STILL reads as That New Thursday Nights.. it may be a matter of time to remove that banner since there's no new episodes of Lay Lay and Dylan this time.

Featured Posts