"Lego Star Wars Holiday Special" Coming to Disney+

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
There's a Lego Star Wars Holiday Special coming to Disney+ on November 17. Not much else is known at the moment.

Edit: The special is written by David Shayne, directed by Ken Cunningham, and produced with Atomic Cartoons.

Last edited:

Dudley

Staff member
All that is known is that it’ll be a tongue-in-cheek jab at the infamous holiday special from 1979.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I haven't seen that holiday special, though I've heard some interesting things about it. I think there's potential for this to be good. The silly, cheesy nature of Lego would feel very natural for a Christmas special.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Here is an article talking about the Lego Star Wars Holiday Special, mainly some images and the inspiration behind it.

Last edited:

JoeMabbon

Dreadful Child
The most interesting thing about Holiday Special is the behind the scenes stuff. The dated celebrities (and commercials when you watch one of the recordings), Ford’s disinterest, Hamill being covered in makeup and smoke to hide that he was in a car accident, etc. The actual movie is dull.

Action!

Let's hope this holiday special is better than the Star Wars Holiday Special.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Here's the trailer for the Lego Star Wars holiday special.

Mary Elizabeth McGlynn is the voice director.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts