"Lego Star Wars Holiday Special" Coming to Disney+

SweetShop209

There's a Lego Star Wars Holiday Special coming to Disney+ on November 17. Not much else is known at the moment.

Edit: The special is written by David Shayne, directed by Ken Cunningham, and produced with Atomic Cartoons.

Last edited:

Dudley

Staff member
All that is known is that it’ll be a tongue-in-cheek jab at the infamous holiday special from 1979.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SweetShop209

I haven't seen that holiday special, though I've heard some interesting things about it. I think there's potential for this to be good. The silly, cheesy nature of Lego would feel very natural for a Christmas special.

SweetShop209

Here is an article talking about the Lego Star Wars Holiday Special, mainly some images and the inspiration behind it.

Last edited:

JoeMabbon

Autobot
The most interesting thing about Holiday Special is the behind the scenes stuff. The dated celebrities (and commercials when you watch one of the recordings), Ford’s disinterest, Hamill being covered in makeup and smoke to hide that he was in a car accident, etc. The actual movie is dull.

SweetShop209

Here's the trailer for the Lego Star Wars holiday special.

Mary Elizabeth McGlynn is the voice director.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

@wiley207 Arthur, my childhood show, is finally coming to an end!
Tim Burton's remake of Planet of the Apes was released 20 years ago today.
Finally, a Blocks era CN Europe ident featuring Bloo. :) Uploaded by @rinachi.

The winner of this matchup is Pinkie Pride, which got 5 votes. The All Nighter Before Christmas got 2 votes. The next matchup is Celebrating Best Friends. It's between "Cheers And Present Danger" from Harvey Girls Forever and "Friend-a-versary" from Muppet Babies 2018.

Featured Posts