"LEGO Marvel Super Heroes - Black Panther: Trouble in Wakanda" Animated Special Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and Discuss this LEGO Animated Special!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ****1/2

• ***1/2

• **1/2

Votes: 1 100.0%

• 1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
There aren't that many details about this yet, but Marvel announced a new Lego Animated Special at the New York Comic-Con.
Lego Black Panther: Trouble in Wakanda
Another Marvel LEGO special has been announced - Black Panther: Trouble in Wakanda.
Source: Newsarama

Updated May 18th, 2018:
V0Nl87j.png

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes - Black Panther: Trouble in Wakanda

The LEGO special comes after the massive success of Marvel Studios’ Black Panther, which just passed The Avengers to become the highest-grossing comic book ever stateside, and will feature various characters from the blockbuster film. Returning to voice T’Challa is James Mathis III (Marvel’s Avengers Assemble), joining him are Keston John (Bosch) as Killmonger, Daisy Lightfoot (Horizon: Zero Dawn) as Shuri, Yvette Nicole Brown (Community) as Okoye, Trevor Devall (Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy) as Klaue, Mick Wingert (Kung Fu Panda) as Iron Man, Travis Willingham (Sonic Boom) as Thor, Roger Craig Smith (Marvel’s Avengers Assemble) as Captain America, Laura Bailey (Marvel’s Spider-Man) as Black Widow, Fred Tatasciore (Family Guy) as Hulk, Liam O’Brien (Critical Role) as Doctor Strange, and Issac C. Singleton Jr. (Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy) as Thanos.

The special is set to premiere on Disney XD this summer and will see the King of Wakanda endure some hardships on the throne. According to the synopsis, following Thanos’ arrival from outer space and his threat to destroy Earth, the Black Panther is forced to leap into action and try to bring him own alongside Earth’s Mightiest Heroes. However, it isn’t just Thanos they’re forced to take on; rogue villains Killmonger and Klaue will team up with the Mad Titan to bring the fight to Wakanda, and Black Panther and the Avengers will need to defeat them before Wakanda is destroyed.

The shorts will be released weekly on The Marvel HQ YouTube channel (though they might be region-locked), and a compilation of all 5 shorts will premiere on Disney XD on Sunday June 3rd, at 11:00AM ET.

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Related Discussions
:
"LEGO Marvel Super Heroes – Guardians of the Galaxy: The Thanos Threat" Talkback (Spoilers)
"LEGO Marvel Super Heroes: Avengers Reassembled" Animated Special Talkback (Spoilers)

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
The Lego specials are always fun, and it's cool to see Marvel doing more with the Black Panther :D.

Though I kind of hope we don't see the other Avengers too much in this special :sweat:.

General Mike

Glad we are getting more LEGO Marvel movies. I found the DC ones they did fun and did a good job of showing off different parts of the D.C. universe.

Greg91

Reporter
I love the attention Black Panther is getting lately. It really is like a dream come true. A few years ago, Ultimate Avengers II: Rise of the Panther and Black Panther: The Animated Series were a big deal for the character.

Now we have Avengers: Black Panther's Quest, Lego Black Panther: Trouble in Wakanda and a Black Panther movie, plus his various comics like the upcoming Rise of the Black Panther.

I definitely hope this animated Lego special is a fun one.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
They announced some more details and the voice cast:

The LEGO special comes after the massive success of Marvel Studios’ Black Panther, which just passed The Avengers to become the highest-grossing comic book ever stateside, and will feature various characters from the blockbuster film. Returning to voice T’Challa is James Mathis III (Marvel’s Avengers Assemble), joining him are Keston John (Bosch) as Killmonger, Daisy Lightfoot (Horizon: Zero Dawn) as Shuri, Yvette Nicole Brown (Community) as Okoye, Trevor Devall (Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy) as Klaue, Mick Wingert (Kung Fu Panda) as Iron Man, Travis Willingham (Sonic Boom) as Thor, Roger Craig Smith (Marvel’s Avengers Assemble) as Captain America, Laura Bailey (Marvel’s Spider-Man) as Black Widow, Fred Tatasciore (Family Guy) as Hulk, Liam O’Brien (Critical Role) as Doctor Strange, and Issac C. Singleton Jr. (Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy) as Thanos.
The special is set to premiere on Disney XD this summer and will see the King of Wakanda endure some hardships on the throne. According to the synopsis, following Thanos’ arrival from outer space and his threat to destroy Earth, the Black Panther is forced to leap into action and try to bring him own alongside Earth’s Mightiest Heroes. However, it isn’t just Thanos they’re forced to take on; rogue villains Killmonger and Klaue will team up with the Mad Titan to bring the fight to Wakanda, and Black Panther and the Avengers will need to defeat them before Wakanda is destroyed.

Troy Troodon

Fun Fact: When I read Keaston John's name, I just thought they spelt Josh Keaton backwards.

Also, I'm somewhat remise that they didn't Nakia in this. I would've loved it if they got Erica Luttrell to play her.

Frontier

Staff member
I'm guessing with Daisy Lightfoot in this as Shuri that most of these VA's will probably be carrying over into Avengers: Black Panther's Quest, specifically Killmonger, Okoye, and Klaue/Klaw :cool:.

Also kind of cool that they're combining both Thanos and Black Panther's Rogues Gallery for double the synergy :D.

I also find it kind of funny that Laura Bailey now has Marvel's Spider-Man listed under her credits and she's playing Black Widow. :p.

Last edited:

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
The LEGO animations are always fun, so I'll definitely catch this when it airs.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
I've been seeing that one Lego ad of Black Panther and the Dora chasing Killmonger and Klaw every time I use Disney Now. I have been waiting to see this.

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
More comments, from Comic Book Revolution's coverage of the WonderCon panel:
Kalia [Ramirez] announces that they are now working on LEGO: Marvel Super Heroes – Black Panther: Trouble In Wakanda. Killmonger and Klaw are the main villains of the movie.
They show an in progress design featuring Black Panther fighting Thanos, Killmonger along with other Avengers with music inspired by the recent movie. Director Michael Black announces a finished render of what we just saw in full trailer form. It will be out sometime in 2018.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Yvette Nicole Brown is in this? Well, if you have DC, Hasbro, and Star Wars under your belt, then Marvel is next.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
It might be just the music or the scenes picked for this teaser, but it seems a little more serious and dramatic than the usual Lego animated movie.

Frontier

Staff member

Sneak peel
It's kind of weird seeing them using the Infinity War designs for the minifgs here, especially since it really makes Cap and Widow stand out here :sweat:.

Bruce Banner makes his Lego special debut :cool:.

I was wondering what design they would use for Killmonger, though not surprised to see them using the MCU suit...

General Mike

I am so far behind on animation right now, specifiically Guardians of the Galaxy, but I'm not surprised with any of the designs they used, except Thanos. Surprised they went with the more classic look that they used as a big figure in 2015 as opposed to the Infinity War tie-in sets sleeveless look. I would have liked to see them go with the other recent design they used for Killmonger, since it would have provided a better contrast from the Black Panther's costume.

latest

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Black Widow has blond hair here? Joking aside, I like this so far.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts