"LEGO Marvel Super Heroes: Avengers Reassembled" TV Special on Disney XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Marvel released a clip from the LEGO Marvel Super Heroes: Avengers Reassembled TV special, premiering Monday, November 16 at 9:30 PM ET on Disney XD.

More details from the Marvel site:

In "LEGO Marvel Super Heroes: Avengers Reassembled!," the Avengers prepare for a party at Stark Tower and notice that Iron Man is acting strange. After some investigation, they discover that the evil Ultron has taken control of Iron Man and his armor as part of his scheme to take over the world. It's up to Captain America, the Hulk, Thor, Vision, Black Widow, Hawkeye and their friends (Spider-Man, Iron Spider, and special guest star Ant-Man) to rescue Iron Man from Ultron's clutches and defeat the super villain before he causes even more destruction and chaos.

"LEGO Marvel Super Heroes: Avengers Reassembled!" was written by Mark Hoffmeier ("Mighty Morphin Power Rangers," "Spider-Man" Animated Series). Jill Wilfert and Jason Cosler serve as Executive Producers. Cort Lane is a co-executive producer. The special is produced by ARC Productions.

This kind of came out of nowhere, at least I didn't know anything about it. I only knew about the video game. Apparently this special was announced back in summer at the San Diego Comic Con, but I haven't really seen anyone talking about it online until now.

Anyway, it looks like it could be fun. Nice line-up of characters, too. It would be great if Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver would appear but I doubt it, especially since they're not mentioned in this press release.

RoryWilliams

Scarlet Witch isn't among the Disney Infinity leaks either. I wonder if there's a reason she's not being pushed as heavily.

I am pleasantly surprised to see Iron Spider!

Choppasmith

Scarlet Witch isn't among the Disney Infinity leaks either. I wonder if there's a reason she's not being pushed as heavily.

So weird, I wonder if that supposed report of Marvel losing the animation rights to X-Men somehow affects the twins differently from the movies. You'd think with them playable in the upcoming Lego Avengers, they'd be featured here in another Lego short. So weird.

Frontier

Staff member
I guess Marvel is finally starting get in on the Lego movie game, even if it is a special ;).

Which is fine by me, because these always tend to be a lot of fun :D.

I guess this will be the first time we get to hear David Kaye as Vision and Jim Meskimen trying more to emulate James Spader as Ultron before Ultron Revolution premiers. Frankly I think he was doing a better job with the character as an emotionless killing machine :p.

Ant-Man and Iron Spider are nice surprises. I wonder if Iron Spider will be Cho or Spidey getting into a suit? Or maybe it's one of the Armors Ultron sicks on the Avengers? Also curious to see how they'll characterize Ant-Man :).
So weird, I wonder if that supposed report of Marvel losing the animation rights to X-Men somehow affects the twins differently from the movies. You'd think with them playable in the upcoming Lego Avengers, they'd be featured here in another Lego short. So weird.
Agreed, though as far as I can tell Marvel has never lost the animation rights which is why Wolverine was able to appear at all in the cartoons when he was the only member of the X-Men they would use.They've had the TV and animation rights to the X-Men all the time, they just haven't done anything with it because of the movie rights issue.

I think the lack of the Twins and especially Scarlet Witch might be related to how, being owned by both Fox and Marvel in terms of movie rights, they're not solely owned by Marvel so they might want to promote the characters that they actually do own the full rights to o_O.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
Man, everything is getting LEGO specials now. DC has like four, Scooby-Doo is getting one, Star Wars has a bunch....

I'm not a huge LEGO fan, but I did think the last Marvel LEGO mini-series was fun, so I guess I'll check this out.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
So weird, I wonder if that supposed report of Marvel losing the animation rights to X-Men somehow affects the twins differently from the movies.
I keep hearing about Marvel loosing X-Men rights for animation does anyone have a source?

Frontier

Staff member
I keep hearing about Marvel loosing X-Men rights for animation does anyone have a source?
I think they've said that at cons that they don't have the rights, but I think that's just an attempt to cover for how they're intentionally not using the X-Men because of the movie rights.

RoryWilliams

I have no idea how they would have lost the X-Men rights or when, especially since Wolverine and Sabretooth showed up in the first season of Ultimate Spider-Man and the Juggernaut was in Season 3.

As Frontier said it sounds like they're just using that as an excuse.

Greg91

Reporter
Lego Marvel Super Heroes: Avengers Reassembled Mini-Review

Since this has aired in Canada, I'm really happy to say this was another solid Lego Marvel animated special. This time, the Avengers are having a party in Avengers Tower when Ultron takes control of Iron Man's armor and chaos ensues.

Since I don't want to spoil anything, I'll throw in a few minor spoilers in the spoilers tag, but I won't reveal any major spoilers.

The Avengers consists of Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Captain America, Black Widow, Hawkeye, and Vision. For people questioning why Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are absent, I can come up with two reasons. The special is pretty busy, so unless the guest heroes were removed, the special might have felt crowded. Additionally, since Lego/Arc Production (animators) were working with Marvel Animation, perhaps Marvel Animation's embargo of characters unavailable to Marvel Studios extended to this special despite the shared rights in the films.

As packed as this special is, the writer, Mark Hoffmeier, really does his best to make sure each Avenger has a moment such as Hulk dancing. Iron Man has some cool moments, Black Widow is awesome in battle, and Captain America is a little more humorous than usual. Hawkeye is snarky, Thor has plenty of fun using Mjolnir, and Vision is intuitive.

The special heavily references Avengers: Age of Ultron and Ant-Man in a fun way. I won't go into further details, but it's pretty fun. Plus, all the designs from the upcoming Lego Marvel's Avengers game are used save for Ultron who doesn't have his 'antennas' I guess you would call them. So it's pretty obvious that the special is a tie-in to Lego Marvel's Avengers, the way Maximum Overload was a tie-in to Lego Marvel Super Heroes.

I felt the final showdown with Ultron ended a bit quickly. Even though the tone was fun like the usual Lego specials, there was a bit more peril this time around. So I would've liked to have seen Ultron beating down the Avengers during the end battle. (I'm being a bit abstruse to avoid spoilers). Because of this, I'd really like to see a Lego Marvel direct-to-DVD movie similar to DC's efforts. Seeing a full-on movie with the Lego Avengers would really give the story space to breathe, plus more Lego Avengers is definitely a plus!

Avengers Reassembled has some genuinely funny moments including an post-credits scene. Stan Lee doesn't seem to make a cameo this time around, though.

While most of the voices are the same from Avengers Assemble, a few characters have different voice actors. Ben Diskin voices Spider-Man in place of Drake Bell, while Mick Wingert voices Iron Man in place of Adrian Pasdar. I felt Mick Wingert did a great job as Iron Man. Ben Diskin's Spider-Man was noticeable different to Drake Bell's so he kind of felt out of place for me.

Lastly, J.P Karliak voices Vision and does a great job as well. Since David Kaye is voicing Vision in Avengers: Ultron Revolution, so I guess J.P. Karliak is another alternate voice actor.

Overall, Lego Marvel Super Heroes: Avengers Reassembled is a great time to spend 30 minutes and packs in a lot of adventure, cool references, and some really fun surprises! Admittedly, it could have used a bit more time to setup the Avengers' party before the attack as well as expand upon some battles. Despite that slight issue, this special was just about as great as Maximum Overload and I really can't wait to see more from Lego and Marvel in animation!

As a note, here are some links answering some questions above:
http://askwacker.tumblr.com/post/116051231493/fox-controls-the-animated-x-men-when-did-this

http://askwacker.tumblr.com/post/127005754583/after-the-lego-marvel-tv-special-maximum

lego-avengers-reassembled-post.jpg

RoryWilliams

Yikes, I read through the rest of his asks and holy crap people ask him some weird questions. The one where he tells them to just enjoy the show after they try to somehow reconcile EMH and AA is my favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts