Template errors

• Template public:_media_site_embed_playwire: [E_USER_WARNING] Template public:_media_site_embed_playwire is unknown (src/XF/Template/Templater.php:689)

"Lego DC Super Heroes: The Flash" Animated Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troy Troodon

So it turns out the next Lego DC animated movie is going to be about the Flash. The Reverse-Flash manipulates the Speed Force to put The Flash into a time loop that forces him to relive the same day over and over again.

Release on Blu-ray Combo Pack and DVD on March 13, 2018, and Digital on February 13.

Personally I think it's an alright change of pace for an animated feature to focus on the Flash, (even though it is in Lego format) and if I had to guess it sounds like Dwight Schultz will be lending his performance as Reverse Flash (or Professor Zoom if you will) and the film will also feature Krypto the Superdog, Ace the Bathound, The Atom, Dr. Fate (voiced by Kevin Michael Richardson respectively) and Zatanna.

So what do you think?

Frontier

Staff member
Not that I'm not happy to be getting another Lego movie, let alone one focusing on a specific DC hero not named Batman, but it does seem kind of random to see them doing a movie based on The Flash now o_O.

Still, I'm not too bothered by it, and it looks pretty fun :D.

It's cool that we've got the Jason Rusch Firestorm (apparently voiced by Phil LaMarr) and the Ryan Choi Atom in the League here :).

It's also nice to hear Tom Kenney return as Plastic Man :anime:.

I love how Barry has a picture of him and Hal together near his bed...even though Hal isn't in this movie :ack:.

Kinda wish a movie based around Flash had more of his cast featured (like Kid Flash, Jesse Quick, Iris, etc), aside from Reverse-Flash as the villain, though the Super Pets, Dr. Fate, and Zatanna are fun too ;).

I wouldn't have pegged Dwight Schultz for the Reverse-Flash but I think he might do a solid job as Thawne :evil:.

Dudley

Staff member
I assume this movie is to get kids excited for The Flash movie, if that’s still happening....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I figured that the main line of LEGO DC movies was already finished, and that the LEGO Brain Drain was meant to be like a soft reboot. Still, I like that were getting more, for fir it to focus on Flash. Maybe this movie will be like a family friendly version of that Flashpoint Paradox movie friend few years ago. Still great to hear James Arnold Taylor as Flash, and I think that's Dana Snyder as Reverse Flash.

Now all we need are writers and directors

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Newsarama has some more details, including cast and crew news:

Along the route, The Flash encounters numerous new characters being introduced to the popular DC Super Heroes series, including The Atom; B’dg, a squirrel-esque Green Lantern; a pair of legendary super pets in Ace the Bat-Hound and Krypto the Super-Dog, Batman and Superman’s faithful canine pals; as well as Aquaman’s trusted seahorse, Storm.
LEGODC Super Heroes: The Flash also features an original song, “It’s Magic,” written by Tim Kelly and Jeremy Adams, and performed with enthusiastic zest by the trio of The Flash (voiced by James Arnold Taylor), Zatanna (Kate Micucci) and Doctor Fate (Kevin Michael Richardson).
The cast of LEGODC Super Heroes: The Flash features some of the top voiceover artists in the industry, led by the aforementioned Taylor, Micucci and Richardson, along with Troy Baker (Batman), Nolan North (Superman, Killer Croc), Grey Griffin (Wonder Woman, Lois Lane), Dwight Schultz (Reverse-Flash), Eric Bauza (The Atom, B’dg, Jimmy Olsen), Tom Kenny (Plastic Man, The Penguin), Phil LaMarr (Firestorm), Khary Payton (Cyborg), Vanessa Marshall (Poison Ivy), Dee Bradley Baker (Captain Boomerang, Aquaman), Jason Spisak (The Joker) and Audrey Wasilewski (Mayor).
LEGODC Super Heroes: The Flash is directed by Ethan Spaulding from a script by Jim Krieg and Jeremy Adams. Sam Register, Brandon Vietti, Jason Cosler, Robert Fewkes and Jill Wilfert are executive producers. Benjamin Melniker and Michael Uslan are co-executive producers.

Frontier

Staff member
Newsarama has some more details, including cast and crew news:
What would a fun DC movie be without a song and dance number ;).

Kate Miucci as Zatanna should be interesting :).

Eric Bauza as Atom and Jimmy Olsen? I'm curious to see what voices he uses for both :anime:.

As far as villains, Joker, Poison Ivy, Captain Boomerang, Penguin, and Killer Croc is an eclectic bunch :evil:.

So not only are we getting Ace and Krypto, but B'dg and...Stormy? Truly, the Super-Pets have arrived :p.

Dee Bradley Baker is reprising Aquaman from Batman Be-Leagured right? Man, it's been a long time since he last showed up in these :sweat:.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has provided the press details for the upcoming home video release. Check it out below.

TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE WHEN
WARNER BROS. HOME ENTERTAINMENT,
DC ENTERTAINMENT AND THE LEGO® GROUP RELEASE

LEGO® DC SUPER HEROES: THE FLASH!

ON BLU-RAYTM COMBO PACK & DVD MARCH 13, 2018

ON DIGITAL FEBRUARY 13, 2018

The Flash’s world spins out of control when his arch-nemesis Reverse-Flash puts the Scarlet Speedster into a vicious time loop in LEGO DC Super Heroes: The Flash, the latest animated film from Warner Bros. Animation, DC Entertainment and The LEGO Group. Warner Bros. Home Entertainment will distribute the full-length movie on Blu-rayTM Combo Pack ($24.98 SRP) and DVD ($19.98 SRP) on March 13, 2018, and Digital on February 13, 2018.

In LEGO DC Super Heroes: The Flash, Reverse-Flash manipulates the Speed Force to put The Flash into a time loop that forces him to relive the same day over and over again – with progressively disastrous results, including losing his powers and being fired by the Justice League. The Flash must find a way to restore time to its original path and finally apprehend his worst enemy before all is lost for The Flash … and the world!

Along the route, The Flash encounters numerous new characters being introduced to the popular DC Super Heroes series, including The Atom; B’dg, a squirrel-esque Green Lantern; a pair of legendary super pets in Ace the Bat-Hound and Krypto the Super-Dog, Batman and Superman’s faithful canine pals; as well as Aquaman’s trusted seahorse, Storm.

LEGO DC Super Heroes: The Flash also features an original song, “It’s Magic,” written by Tim Kelly and Jeremy Adams, and performed with enthusiastic zest by the trio of The Flash (voiced by James Arnold Taylor), Zatanna (Kate Micucci) and Doctor Fate (Kevin Michael Richardson).

The cast of LEGO DC Super Heroes: The Flash features some of the top voiceover artists in the industry, led by the aforementioned Taylor, Micucci and Richardson, along with Troy Baker (Batman), Nolan North (Superman, Killer Croc), Grey Griffin (Wonder Woman, Lois Lane), Dwight Schultz (Reverse-Flash), Eric Bauza (The Atom, B’dg, Jimmy Olsen), Tom Kenny (Plastic Man, The Penguin), Phil LaMarr (Firestorm), Khary Payton (Cyborg), Vanessa Marshall (Poison Ivy), Dee Bradley Baker (Captain Boomerang, Aquaman), Jason Spisak (The Joker) and Audrey Wasilewski (Mayor).

LEGO DC Super Heroes: The Flash is directed by Ethan Spaulding from a script by Jim Krieg and Jeremy Adams. Sam Register, Brandon Vietti, Jason Cosler, Robert Fewkes and Jill Wilfert are executive producers. Benjamin Melniker and Michael Uslan are co-executive producers.

“Warner Bros. Home Entertainment brings The Flash front and center in this new film that delivers the fun, funny, action that our fans have come to expect,” said Mary Ellen Thomas, WBHE Vice President, Family & Animation Marketing. “This is a perfect addition to the LEGO DC Super Heroes franchise.”

EmaHalJordan

I am happy to see Atom and Firestorm although a little sad that they are not Ray Palmer and Ronnie Raymond!

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Not that I'm not happy to be getting another Lego movie, let alone one focusing on a specific DC hero not named Batman, but it does seem kind of random to see them doing a movie based on The Flash now o_O.
Since we're talking about a CG animated movie, they had to approve it a bit more back than a traditionally animated one and at that time, they probably still had the Flash movie on the docket and locked it in. But then after the recent developments of Flashpoint and moving it to 2020, it's too late in production of this movie to pull the plug. In theory.

Frontier

Staff member
Since we're talking about a CG animated movie, they had to approve it a bit more back than a traditionally animated one and at that time, they probably still had the Flash movie on the docket and locked it in. But then after the recent developments of Flashpoint and moving it to 2020, it's too late in production of this movie to pull the plug. In theory.
Kind of surprising that we can get a movie with The Flash and yet there haven't been any Wonder Woman centric animated productions released (unless you count DCSHG as loosely "Wonder Woman centered")...

Volthoom

It wouldn't be Thawne if he wasn't ;).
Only villain more petty than him is Black Manta. And given that there is a universe where DC heroes are combined with a hero named Aqua Flash, meaning that Reverse Flash and Black Manta may also be combined. That character would be pure pettiness.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lego_DC_Comics_Super_Heroes:_The_Flash

I'm not sure how entirely reliable this is since this is Wikipedia, but it does mention the rest of the cast and crew for the movie.

It will apparently be written by Jim Krieg & Jeremy Adams, and directed by Ethan Spaulding.

I'll just list the guest cast for the movie.

Dwight Schultz is indeed Reverse Flash

Kate Micucci voices Zatana

Nolan North voices Killer Croc in addition to Superman

Eric Bauza voices the Atom, Jimmy Olsen, and B'dg

Dee Bradley Baker is Aquaman and Captain Boomerang

Vanessa Marshall is once again Poison Ivy

Audrey Wasilewski voices the mayor

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lego_DC_Comics_Super_Heroes:_The_Flash

I'm not sure how entirely reliable this is since this is Wikipedia, but it does mention the rest of the cast and crew for the movie.

It will apparently be written by Jim Krieg & Jeremy Adams, and directed by Ethan Spaulding.

I'll just list the guest cast for the movie.

Dwight Schultz is indeed Reverse Flash

Kate Micucci voices Zatana

Nolan North voices Killer Croc in addition to Superman

Eric Bauza voices the Atom, Jimmy Olsen, and B'dg

Dee Bradley Baker is Aquaman and Captain Boomerang

Vanessa Marshall is once again Poison Ivy

Audrey Wasilewski voices the mayor
Check the previous comments of this thread - the cast and crew has been posted already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts