"Lego DC Super Heroes - Aquaman: Rage of Atlantis" Animated Feature News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
The next Lego DC Super Heroes animated movie was officially announced today. No exact date yet, just "Summer" A trailer has been released for "Lego DC Super Heroes - Aquaman: Rage of Atlantis". (Note the video might be region-locked) Comes out July 31st on Digital, DVD and Blu-Ray.

Aquaman: Rage of Atlantis is coming to Blu-ray/Digital later this summer, where the super hero who best wears orange shall battle the mighty Atrocitus (Jonathan Adams) and the Red Lanterns. But just because Aquaman (Dee Bradley Bake) is getting the super-duper hero treatment, that doesn’t mean he plans on waging the war for his ocean realm all by his lonesome. And The Marine Marvel’s got a pretty rad group of friends to call upon for help: the Justice League.
Joining Aquaman on his perilous journey to Area 52 at Dread Lake will be Batman (Troy Baker), Superman (Nolan North), Wonder Woman (Grey Griffin), Cyborg (Khary Payton), and the newest member of the League, Jessica Cruz/Green Lantern (Cristina Milizia). We’ll also see plenty of action from other returning characters from Warner Bros. Animation/DC Entertainment productions, including Alyson Stoner as Batgirl, Eric Bauza as Jimmy Olsen, and Scott Menville as Robin/Damian Wayne.
Since we’re dealing with Aquaman’s home turf… er water, we’ll also get to meet some newcomers to the LEGO DC Super Hero universe including Susan Eisenberg as Mera, Fred Tatasciore as Lobo, and Trevor Devall as Ocean Master.

Source: Syfy.com

Stayed tuned for further updates.

Last edited:

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
So I guess we know what DC project Susan Eisenberg was teasing around this time last year. Pretty neat that they included her.

However, that trailer doesn't seem to be working for me.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I like some of the casting choices, such as Susan Eisenberg as Mera and Fred Tatasciore as Lobo. I also like some of the role reprisals such as Alyson Stoner as Batgirl, Jonathan Adams as Atrocitous, and Cristina Milizia as Jessica Cruz. Also, Dee Bradley Baker finally gets a starring role for a project.

The movie will be written by Jim Krieg and Jeremy Adams, and directed by Matt Peters.

Mod Note: Double Post merged.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frontier

Staff member
This looks like it will be really fun, and it's awesome to see Aquaman taking a headlining role in an animated feature :).

Although I see the writers just couldn't resist the Aquaman jokes :p.

Dee Bradley Baker isn't my ideal choice for Aquaman, but I think he should be a solid fit here and it's nice to see him in a leading role since that's pretty rare for him these days :proud:.

It's cool to see them using Jessica as the GL here, getting her more out there, and I guess it looks like Cristina Miliza is her official VA more or less. She would also make the third GL we've seen in these movies ;).

Nice to get some continuity with Batgirl and Robin coming back :cool:.

Susan Eisenberg as Mera isn't a huge jump from Wonder Woman, though I was a little disappointed we didn't get to see her much in the trailer. Hopefully she plays a major role in the movie :D.

Eric Bauza is an...interesting choice for Jimmy Olsen :sweat:.

Really happy to see Jonathan Adams reprising Atrocitus :evil:.

Fred Tatasciore's Lobo will probably be a lot like John DiMaggio's, though Trevor Devall as Ocean Master should be fun :anime:.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Fun little coincidence:

Lego DC Super Heroes - Aquaman: Rage of Atlantis has Aquaman (and the Justice League) versus Atrocitus.

Lego Marvel Super Heroes - Black Panther: Trouble in Wakanda has Black Panther (and the Avengers) versus Thanos.

Both will be released this summer. :p

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Nice to get some continuity with Batgirl and Robin coming back :cool:.

Susan Eisenberg as Mera isn't a huge jump from Wonder Woman, though I was a little disappointed we didn't get to see her much in the trailer. Hopefully she plays a major role in the movie :D.

Eric Bauza is an...interesting choice for Jimmy Olsen :sweat:.

Trevor Devall as Ocean Master should be fun :anime:.

1. Kind of interesting how they got Alyson Stoner to reprise Batgirl rather than Sarah Hyland. Though I guess it helps she worked with Lisa Schaffer before. Same with Jonathan Adams.

2. I figured they would've gotten Kath Soucie to reprise Mera, which wouldve been the second time after Spectacular Spider-Man where she and Dee Bradley Baker played a couple.

3. Eric Bauza did voice Jimmy for his cameo in the Lego Flash movie.

4. It's been awhile since I heard Ocean Master's voice, though I figured Trevor Devall might use his King Henrick voice from Sofia The First.

Frontier

Staff member
Fun little coincidence:

Lego DC Super Heroes - Aquaman: Rage of Atlantis has Aquaman (and the Justice League) versus Atrocitus.

Lego Marvel Super Heroes - Black Panther: Trouble in Wakanda has Black Panther (and the Avengers) versus Thanos.

Both will be released this summer. :p
It would've been even funnier if the League was fighting Darkseid again, though Jonathan Adams was the voice of JLA Darkseid :p.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
A trend that's happened since Attack Of The Legion Of Doom is to add in a subplot of the younger/more inexperienced heroes. The aforementioned movie gave Cyborg considerable focus. Cosmic Clash did this for SuperGirl. Gotham City Breakout did this for Robin, Nightwing, and Batgirl. Lego Flash gave great emphasis to Atom's conflict due to him joining in that movie. With that in mind, we could also get a plot here involving either Jessica, Batgirl, and/or Robin.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I'm disappointed not to see Atom in this movie! :(

Well, the thing with these movies is that the roster for the league is like this: the big three (Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman), Cyborg (due to target audience appeal and minority appeal), and the rest of the roster rotating between new/regular members or honorary members (those nor formally in the league, but still fighting alongside them). Atom could still appear in this movie since Eric Bauza (who voices Jimmy Olsen and Atom) is in the movie.

The movie comes out on July 31.

https://www.newsarama.com/39847-lego-aquaman-rage-of-atlantis-cover-release-date-more-emerges.html

Mod Note: Double Post merged.

Frontier

Staff member
Minor point, but Vanessa Marshall will also reprise her role as Poison Ivy. I don't recall her being listed along the rest of the cast. I presume it will be a small role anyway, but figured it would be worth mentioning.
Coupled with Gotham City Breakout and The Flash, that would make consecutive appearances by Poison Ivy in these films, with Marshall reprising the role all three times :D.

If I had to guess, she'll probably show up during Lobo's attack or as one of the random assortment of villains who pop up in the films before the main threat shows up...

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I noticed how the last few seconds of the trailer had Ocean Master say to Aquaman "You have a world to save.". Maybe he'll also have an arc where he joins Atrocitus as his partner, but then pulls a heel face turn to help Aquaman.

Frontier

Staff member
I noticed how the last few seconds of the trailer had Ocean Master say to Aquaman "You have a world to save.". Maybe he'll also have an arc where he joins Atrocitus as his partner, but then pulls a heel face turn to help Aquaman.
I wouldn't be surprised if it's like when Ocean Master and Black Manta teamed-up in Brave and the Bold and Manta endangered Atlantis enough to where Ocean Master sided with the heroes to stop him ;).

General Mike

Looks like Warner Brothers and Lego are really amping up the DC content this year, especially with a Lego DC Villains game rumored for a 4th quarter release. Hopefully we get a couple more movies in 2019.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Just a head's up to forum members, any discussion of where to find and/or download, or stream leaked copies of this movie is not allowed here. It will result in the necessary disciplinary action. Also, if you've watched an illegal copy of the movie, we suggest you hold on to those thoughts, until its official release date (July 31st), when a proper Talkback thread will also be posted. We'll be monitoring discussion here until then and will take any necessary action, including removing posts or issue infractions, to those who don't follow these rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts