"LEGO DC: Shazam - Magic & Monsters" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Warner Bros. has provided Syfy Wire with the trailer for the next LEGO DC animated movie, LEGO DC: Shazam -Magic & Monsters. It will be released on Digital, Blu-ray Combo Pack, and DVD this Spring.

Release Date: April 28, 2020 (Digital), June 16 (Blu-Ray Combo, DVD)

Featuring a familiar voice behind the role of Billy Batson, Magic & Monsters stars Sean Astin as the titular 10-year-old, reprising his vocal role from films like Justice League: War and Justice League: Throne of Atlantis. This time around, Shazam is joining the Justice League — but that means letting down his skeptical guard enough to trust the likes of Wonder Woman, Superman, and Batman while under attack from Mr. Mind and Black Adam. Basically, a tough ask for a rowdy kid like Billy.
Oh, and everyone gets turned into kids. That's important, too. It also means that the cast under director Matt Peters (LEGO DC Comics Super Heroes: Aquaman – Rage of Atlantis) gets to have a lot of fun going young and immature.
It's a who's who of voice-acting pros, with Troy Baker, Nolan North, Grey Griffin, Christina Milizia, James Arnold Taylor, Imari Williams, Fred Tatasciore, Ralph Garman, Zach Callison, Dee Bradley Baker, Jennifer Hale, Tom Kenny, Jonny Rees, Erica Lindbeck, and Josh Keaton on the extensive roster. And with a script by Jeremy Adams (Teen Titans Go! Vs. Teen Titans) making all sorts of (literally) childish gags, there'll be tons for fans to enjoy as they wait for Shazam to return to theaters with Shazam! 2.

Comments?

Mod Note: Post updated with update trailer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frontier

Staff member
This looks like a lot of fun! Perfect choice for any fan of Shazam or Captain Marvel :D.

Plus, if you liked "Kid's Stuff," this movie should remind you a lot of that episode of JLU ;).

Oh hey, Shazam can say his name without transforming this time around :p.

I only just noticed this, but it looks like Wonder Woman and Superman now have Rebirth designs for their mini-figs :cool:.

They don't list the voice cast with their respective character's (other then Sean Astin as Shazam) so I'll just go ahead and connect the dots:

Troy Baker - Batman
Nolan North - Superman
Grey Griffin - Wonder Woman
Christina Milizia - Jessica Cruz
James Arnold Taylor - Flash
Imari Williams - Black Adam (confirmed)
Fred Tatasciore - Probably some of the Monster Society
Ralph Garman - The Wizard
Zach Callison - Billy Batson
Dee Bradley Baker - Man-Bat and probably some of the Monster Society
Tom Kenny - Penguin
Jonny Rees - Mr. Mind

Not sure who Jennifer Hale, Erica Lindbeck, and Josh Keaton are playing. Somebody might be doubling-up for Sivana since he's in it, or maybe it's Keaton since I'd be surprised if Hal made an appearance.

Maybe Lindbeck ends up being Mary Marvel?

Last edited:

-batmat-

Can't wait until the day making LEGO versions of everything stops being a thing. I don't see the appeal honestly. Unless its made properly, like the first Lego movir or the theatrical Batman Lego movie.

All these are just so... pointless.

Just my opinion of course, Im sure there's lots of people who enjoy them. They wouldn't keep making these if it wasn't the case.

Frontier

Staff member
Can't wait until the day making LEGO versions of everything stops being a thing. I don't see the appeal honestly. Unless its made properly, like the first Lego movir or the theatrical Batman Lego movie.

All these are just so... pointless.

Just my opinion of course, Im sure there's lots of people who enjoy them. They wouldn't keep making these if it wasn't the case.
I personally think they're pretty fun DC movies. Obviously leaning more towards the younger side, audience-wise, but they use the Lego setting in pretty fun ways in my opinion :).

Last edited:

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
I wonder when Kyle Rayner and Simon Baz will get a turn in these movies.

I was not expecting them to get a lot of Monster Society there. I see Mr. Mind, Dr. Sivana, the Crocodile Men, and Jeepers. I think the big guy is Ibac and the top hat guy is the Dummy.

Frontier

Staff member
Press details and more are up at The World's Finest. Click here to check it all out!
Conveniently labeling who everyone in the voice cast is playing ;).

I'm kind of curious how Zach Callison will differentiate between Billy and Jimmy. Is one young Steven while the other is older Steven :p?

I thought Erica Lindbeck would be Mary, but it's Jennifer Hale instead. Cool :).

Kind of surprised Erica and Josh Keaton are playing such bit parts...

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I was thinking this might be the Dummy's first animated appearance, though it turns out he had a few cameos on Justice League Unlimited as part of their take on the Legion of Doom. All the other members of the Monster Society of Evil shown here have appeared in at least one previous cartoon, mostly Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

Looking through the cast list, it doesn't seem like the movie will have a sub-plot "minor" character as the previous ones did (and which in turn, kind of hinted at the next LEGO movie). Unless they're building up to Mary Marvel's transformation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts