"Lego DC Comics Super Heroes - Aquaman: Rage of Atlantis" Feature Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate this movie

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 1 50.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• Total voters

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
An all-new Lego adventure, Aquaman teams up with the Justice League to take back his throne.

rageofatlantistalkback.png

Lego DC Comics Super Heroes - Aquaman: Rage of Atlantis
Studio: Warner Bros. Animation, DC Comics
Release Date: Digital - July 31, 2018; Home Video - July 31, 2018

Synopsis: In LEGO DC Comics Super Heroes: Aquaman – Rage of Atlantis, the sea king relinquishes his throne after his underwater kingdom comes under attack from Atrocitus and the Red Lanterns. Tasked with a quest of self-discovery to prove to himself that he’s worthy of ruling Atlantis, Aquaman reunites with the Justice League — including newest member Jessica Cruz/Green Lantern — before returning home to defeat the rage-fueled threat and declare himself ruler of the Seven Seas.

The upcoming film sees Dee Bradley Baker return as Aquaman and marks the LEGO animated debut of Atrocitus, voiced by Jonathan Adams. They are joined by LEGO DC Comics veterans Nolan North as Superman, Troy Baker as Batman, Grey Griffin as Wonder Woman and Lois Lane and Khary Payton as Cyborg. Cristina Milizia voices Jessica Cruz/Green Lantern, reprising her previous role from the character’s animated debut on DC Super Hero Girls. Making her LEGO DC Comics debut is DC Animated Universe legend Susan Eisenberg, who voices Mera. She previously portrayed Wonder Woman in both Justice League and Justice League Unlimited.

Directed by Matt Peters (LEGO DC Comics Super Heroes: Gotham City Breakout) from a script by Jim Krieg (Batman: Gotham by Gaslight) and Jeremy Adams (LEGO DC Comics Super Heroes: The Flash), LEGO DC Comics Super Heroes: Aquaman – Rage of Atlantis will be released July 31 digitally, On Demand, and on Blu-ray and DVD.

Comments and thoughts? Discuss the Lego DC Comics Super Heroes: Aquaman: Rage of Atlantis animated feature in this thread!

Related Threads:
-Lego DC Comics Super Heroes: Aquaman: Rage of Atlantis Pre-Release Discussion (Spoilers)
-Lego DC Comics Super Heroes: The Flash Digital/Blu-ray/DVD Talkback (Spoilers)
-Lego DC Comics - Justice League: Gotham City Breakout Digital/Blu-ray/DVD Talkback (Spoilers)
-Lego DC Comics Super Heroes: Justice League: Cosmic Clash Digital/Blu-ray/DVD Talkback (Spoilers)
-Lego DC Comics - Justice League: Attack of the Legion of Doom! Feature Talkback (Spoilers)
-Lego DC Comics Super Heroes: Justice League VS. Bizarro League Feature Talkback (Spoilers)
-Lego DC Comics: Batman Be-Leaguered Animated Special Talkback (Spoilers)

Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
The movie is a decent love letter to Aquaman and his place among DC's super heroes. Aquaman is riding on cloud nine and has it all: a superhero, a member of the Justice League, king of Atlantis, beloved by his people, working with his reformed half-brother Orm and wife Mera -- but he suddenly loses it all. Got it.

I could appreciate how it's sort of the same Ocean Master tries to take over Atlantis and invade the surface world but there's the unlikely pairing with Atrocitus who becomes the real villain rather than teaming him up with Black Manta like past TV series and movies have done.

Loved Aquaman's idea for the plankton to get them out of their prison. Slam dunk that the legend of King Poseidon's statue wasn't an old wives' tale after all. 7 Lego movies in, if a giant frozen water brick in space doesn't make you chuckle...

Dug the nods Lobo's comic book debut in 1983 and Big Belly Burger but the Mos Eisley cantina pastiche was so unexpected. Loved it. Liked how Batman was an unexpected source of comedy from emphasizing how useful his Utility Belt throughout the movie as well as having or his Batster credit card getting rejected added a lot of laughs for me. Also loved his on the nose choices of using an ink bomb to distract the Atlanteans or a wind up mouse toy to distract Dex-Starr were also amusing.

Was surprised Two of the four villains turned to be kinda redeemable by the movie's end - Lobo and Orm - but are clearly still fighting their own compulsions. With his friend Fishy back to normal, Lobo is back to being a no good bounty hunter eager to collect on Atrocitus and Dex while Orm begrudgingly returns the crown to Aquaman after he's betrayed by Atrocitus and Aquaman proves to be worthy by lifting the Trident of Hope. Atrocitus' master plan is a departure from his usual M.O. but since the movie is geared to a younger audience, it makes sense to make him more of the mustache twirling two timer with a big, over the top set piece or two and robot army instead of his entire Red Lantern Corps and brutal ways.

I think Batgirl and Robin are the weak spot of the movie. They didn't do anything for me and were just bodies to fill out the cast. Didn't hit me as much as say Dr. Fate and Zatanna in the LEGO Flash movie. Jessica Cruz as the rookie got kind of annoying as well but her sassy ring saved it for me. Lois was rather biting in this one, too.

There are no special features other than trailers of the Teen Titans Go! To The Movies and LEGO DC Comics Superheroes: The Flash before the menu screen.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
LEGO DC Comics Super Heroes: Aquaman: Rage Of Atlantis

Every single one of these follows the exact same formula. It's not a terrible formula, so the movies are at least somewhat solid. But if you are looking for a fresh story in a DC project, look elsewhere.

I think the movie goofed opening on Jessica Cruz. Because it wound up feeling like a Green Lantern movie instead of an Aquaman movie. I think maybe Jessica DOES deserve her own movie (Justice League Vs. The Fatal Five proved she can carry one). But so does Aquaman and this movie is his freaking turn.

I did not expect to see a LEGO Lobo in this movie. DC's age-restrictions about the character have loosened up considerably in recent years. And it's ridiculous they were as tight as they were. Lobo is only an inappropriate character for kids if he is portrayed that way. I never pictured Harley Quinn dropping f-bombs and blowing people's heads off either, but different projects are allowed to use harder and softer versions of characters without too many people getting upset about it. Did DC actually get any complaints from parents? Because I very much doubt it.

Atrocitus is working very hard to make The S.L.U.R.P. happen. It's not as forced as Hulk naming his team "S.M.A.S.H." without even bothering to come up with an acronym. But as Arthur notes, the dude's reaching.

Speaking of Atrocitus, good to hear Jonathan Adams again.

On a less positive voice reprisal note, I don't think Scott Menville should be voicing Damian, even if he's Robin. It doesn't sound right.

I'm betting the Poseiden Trident was stuck on the statue because it had a run-in with The Krackle.

Am I supposed to be impressed that Mera can make "anything" out of hard water? I mean, if she were to come up with the Doubledecker Couch, I might be, but otherwise, naahh.

I'm noticed that in many recent DC projects Orm is redeemed by the end. I don't object to that.

Batman carries a wind-up mouse cat toy in his utility-belt? I don't care if it wound up being useful, that's dumber than Bat Shark-repellent.

A good way to kill an hour and 12 minutes. ***1/2.

Otaku-sempai

I did not expect to see a LEGO Lobo in this movie. DC's age-restrictions about the character have loosened up considerably in recent years. And it's ridiculous they were as tight as they were. Lobo is only an inappropriate character for kids if he is portrayed that way. I never pictured Harley Quinn dropping f-bombs and blowing people's heads off either, but different projects are allowed to use harder and softer versions of characters without too many people getting upset about it. Did DC actually get any complaints from parents? Because I very much doubt it.
Yeah, there's plenty of precedent for a more kid-friendly Lobo, going back to Superman: The Animated Series.

Batman carries a wind-up mouse cat toy in his utility-belt? I don't care if it wound up being useful, that's dumber than Bat Shark-repellent.
Well, this is a Lego movie after all. We have to expect a bit of silliness. I guess that would be a bat-cat toy?

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts