"Lego DC Comics - Justice League: Cosmic Clash" Pre-Release Discussion (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
The NYCC schedule revealed the next title.
Sun. October 11| 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM | Empire Stage 1-E
Gather your bricks and be the first to see Brainiac vs. the Justice League in the upcoming Warner Bros. Home Entertainment release, “LEGO DC Comics Super Heroes - Justice League: Cosmic Clash.” Witness the first official footage during a Panel featuring Troy Baker (voice of Batman), Phil LaMarr (Brainiac), producer Brandon Vietti, director Rick Morales, screenwriter Jim Krieg and a few other surprises. “LEGO DC Comics Super Heroes - Justice League: Cosmic Clash” comes to Blu-ray/DVD/Digital HD in early 2016.
Attendees: Brandon Vietti, Jim Krieg, Phil LaMarr, and Rick Morales

Previous Titles
Lego Batman: The Movie - DC Super Heroes Unite
Release Date: May 21, 2013
-"Lego Batman: The Movie - DC Super Heroes Unite" Feature Talkback
-"Lego Batman: The Movie - DC Super Heroes Unite" Blu-ray/DVD Talkback
-"Lego Batman: The Movie - DC Super Heroes Unite" Pre-Release Discussion

Lego DC Comics: Batman Be-Leaguered (Animated Special)
Release Date: October 27, 2014
-"Lego DC Comics: Batman Be-Leaguered" Animated Special Talkback

Lego DC Comics Super Heroes: Justice League VS. Bizarro League
Release Date: February 10, 2015
-"Lego DC Comics Super Heroes: Justice League VS. Bizarro League" Feature Talkback
-"Lego DC Comics Super Heroes - Justice League VS. Bizarro League" Digital/Disc Features
-"Lego DC Comics Super Heroes: Justice League VS. Bizarro League" Pre-Release Discussion

Lego DC Comics Super Heroes: Justice League: Attack of the Legion of Doom!
Release Date: August 25, 2015
-Lego DC Comics Justice League: Attack of the Legion of Doom" Feature Talkback
-Lego DC Comics Justice League: Attack of the Legion of Doom" Digital/Disc Features
-Lego DC Comics Justice League: Attack of the Legion of Doom" Pre-Release Discussion

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Phil LaMarr is a strong choice for Brainiac. Really wish he would've voiced in Lego Batman 3, now that I think about it.
I think it was Vietti's twitter but he once alluded to there being something of a 'divide' in general between these DTVs, the video games, and the theatrical movies. So my interpretation is 3 different divisions going by their own agendas and their own teams (thus 3 canons possibly). But I'm not that versed on this LEGO material if there's any overlap in the VA cast.

Frontier

Staff member
Phil LaMarr is a strong choice for Brainiac. Really wish he would've voiced in Lego Batman 3, now that I think about it.
Yeah, all respect to Dee Bradley Baker, I think LaMarr will be a much better Braniac :).

I think it was Vietti's twitter but he once alluded to there being something of a 'divide' in general between these DTVs, the video games, and the theatrical movies. So my interpretation is 3 different divisions going by their own agendas and their own teams (thus 3 canons possibly). But I'm not that versed on this LEGO material if there's any overlap in the VA cast.
I think Troy Baker as Batman and Josh Keaton as Hal Jordan is pretty much the only overlap between the Lego games and the DTV's, the rest of the cast is completely different.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
The DC Lego movies have been fun, so I'm looking forward to this. Nice to see the story-line continue by bringing in Brainiac. I wonder if the Justice League will have any changes to its roster this time as well.

Frontier

Staff member
Guy has already been in a movie, Hal was in the last one, so I guess that just leaves John and Kyle to show up as the GL of this movie (if they don't just use either Hal or Guy). Be awesome if Phil LaMarr also reprised John for this movie :D.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
Ah, and I still need to watch the last LEGO DC film. Need to catch up!

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Comic Book Resources has a write-up of the NYCC panel for this movie. Looks like some members of the Legion of Super-Heroes are going to appear in this:

After introductions, Smith played the first trailer, introducing Brainiac as staccato-laughing villain. From there, the team chases Brainiac to the future where they meet the Legion of Super-Heroes.

There's some other neat stuff mentioned in the article, sounds like it'll be another fun movie.

dadadada

In fact, LEGO film I just saw movies about batman, it seems that I need to take the time to catch up.:rolleyes:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
November 24: A look at the Blu-Ray cover.

Surprised to see Supergirl in there.

December 8: Nerdist has the first trailer for the movie.

DC Comics Super Heroes – Justice League: Cosmic Clash will hit Blu-ray, DVD, and on Digital HD via UltraViolent on March 1, 2016, and it will be available on Digital HD only on February 9. The Blu-ray and DVD releases will include an exclusive Cosmic Boy LEGO figurine, while supplies last.

The cast includes some amazing voice talent including Troy Baker (Batman), Nolan North (Superman), Grey Griffin (Wonder Woman), Josh Keaton (Green Lantern), Khary Payton (Cyborg), James Arnold Taylor (The Flash), Phil LaMarr (Brainiac), Jessica DiCicco (Supergirl), Kari Walhgren (Saturn Girl), Yuri Lowenthal (Cosmic Boy), Andy Milder (Lightning Lad), Phil Morris (Vandal Savage), and Jason Spisak (Captain Fear).

Frontier

Staff member
Hey, Kari Wahlgren and Andy Milder are reprising Saturn Girl and Lightning Lad! Somebody actually remembered the Legion of Superheroes cartoon :D.

Jessica DiCicco as Supergirl is also cool :cool:.

Also Phil Morris back as Vandal Savage, except this time in Lego form ;).

The trailer makes it look like this will be another fun Lego DC movie, which is great :).

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
According to Amazon, the movie is 72 minutes long. Same duration as "Attack of the Legion of Doom".

My thoughts on the trailer and new information:

- Brainiac's laugh reminds me of Elmer Fudd. :p

- Neat to see the original three members of the Legion of Super Heroes. Having some of the voice actors from the short-lived cartoon reprise their roles is another nice touch.

- Vandal Savage's inclusion is pretty surprising. Though given his immortality and the time-travel aspect he should fit in nicely. Captain Fear is a real surprise, I've never even heard of him before.

All in all, this looks like it'll be fun.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment issued a press release for the film's forthcoming The Paley Center screening and debuted a new clip:

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment announces
Special Saturday, February 13 World Premiere for
LEGO®DC COMICS SUPER HEROES: JUSTICE LEAGUE: COSMIC CLASH
at The Paley Center for Media in Los Angeles

Family-Friendly Event set for Saturday Afternoon includes
Screening, Film Talent Panel, Signed Posters & LEGO®Toys for All Kids;
Free Tickets Available to Fans on First Come, First Served Basis

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment invites Los Angeles area fans to witness the World Premiere of its latest animated, brick-centric adventure –LEGO® DC Comics Super Heroes - Justice League: Cosmic Clash– with a family-friendly event on Saturday afternoon, February 13, 2016. Filmmakers and members of the voice cast will attend the event for red carpet media interviews, premiere screening, a post-screening panel discussion and plenty of interactive fun with the fans and families in attendance.

The screening will commence at Noon (12:00pm) at The Paley Center for Media (465 North Beverly Drive in Beverly Hills). The event will include a post-screening interactive panel discussion, specialLEGO® prizes for kids in attendance, photo opportunities withLEGO® DC Comics Super Heroes standees, and anautograph signing on collectible posters.

Confirmed to attend the event are popular voice actors Troy Baker (voice of Batman), James Arnold Taylor (Flash), Kari Wahlgren (Saturn Girl) and Yuri Lowenthal (Cosmic Boy), as well as producer Brandon Vietti, director Rick Morales and writer Jim Krieg. Additional talent will be announced as confirmed.

A limited number of free tickets are available to the general public, and families are encouraged to come enjoy the film and festivities. Fans wishing to receive free tickets to the Los Angeles event on February 13 must RSVP via email toLEGOCCLA@gmail.com.

The body of all fan RSVP emails MUST include the first & last name of the entrant, a valid email address, and how many tickets are being requested. No need for pleas, no begging, no extra words – just three simple lines of information.

TheGreatOne2

Technically Paley Center is not the world premiere for this movie since Warner Bros has released it digitally before the event. Its out now on Itunes etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts