"LEGO DC: Batman – Family Matters" Animated Feature News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Release Date: August 20, 2019 (Blu-ray/DVD/Digital)

Syfy Wire has the trailer for the next LEGO DC Comics animated movie, LEGO DC: Batman – Family Matters.

After Batman (voiced by Troy Baker) sells his company, Wayne Enterprises, to focus on vigilantism, he realizes his mistake when Two-Face (Christian Lanz) takes control and plans to tear Gotham apart with the help of Brother Eye (Cam Clarke), a murderous AI not too dissimilar to HAL 9000.
With some help from Robin (Scott Menville) and Batgirl (Alyson Stoner), the Caped Crusader will break into the company building, shut down Brother Eye, and convince Harvey Dent that Batman and Bruce Wayne are two separate individuals. The story also involves these heroes receiving mysterious invitations and having their bonds tested when the Red Hood (Jason Spisak) shows up, determined to destroy both them and Gotham.
The rest of the voice cast is comprised of: Steve Blum (Scarecrow), Zach Callison (Billy Batson), Will Friedle (Nightwing), Ralph Garman (Wizard), Jake Green, (Fred), Josh Keaton (Board Member) Tom Kenny (Gordon & Penguin), Nolan North (Killer Croc), Andre Sogliuzza (Riddler), Tara Strong (Batwoman), and Fred Tatasciore (Solomon Grundy).
Directed by Matt Peters (LEGO DC Comics Super Heroes: Aquaman – Rage of Atlantis) LEGO DC: Batman – Family Matters arrives on digital and Blu-Ray soon. Jeremy Adams (LEGO DC Comics Super Heroes: The Flash) penned the screenplay.

Stay tuned for further updates!
Comments?

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Cool! Our first Lego DC movie of 2019 :D!

Pretty neat that it's going to be a Batman/Batfamily movie, since we've had Batman as a lead character and seen the Batfamily but never had a movie in the Lego line dedicated specifically to them with no other heroes (well, aside from Shazam it seems) :).

Interestingly we have Batman and Batgirl sporting their Rebirth era designs now. I think that's the first time Batman's Rebirth costume has been used in an adaption.

Almost feels like the Lego equivalent to Bad Blood. I mean, we've got both Damian and Batwoman in this ;).

Red Hood and Batwoman are nice surprises, especially for a more child-friendly film. It'll be interesting to see how they use/characterize them, and Jason Spisak as Jason should be cool (although I wonder if they'll have him fit in a Joker cameo too, ditto with Tara as Harley) :cool:.

"Tara Strong as Batwoman" she really won't rest until she's voiced near every major DC female character, will she :rolleyes2: ?

It's pretty refreshing to see Two-Face as the main villain instead of Joker. Christian Lanz sounds kind of like what I'd expect Nolan North to sound as the character :anime:.

Tom Kenny as Gordon seems like the only real recasting I noticed (Eric Bauza played him in Gotham City Breakout). But also still a reprisal :elle:.

I love Nightwing being worried about their trust funds :p.

Also neat to see them fitting in the Brother Eye/OMAC from the Infinite Crisis era here. And hey, Cam Clarke in a DC production! That's pretty awesome :proud:.

I wonder how Shazam fits into it. Is that Billy at 0.08? It is pretty cool to see Zach Callison reprising Billy, but who's playing the Big Red Cheese? The "Wizard" is probably the Wizard Shazam. And is "Fred" Freddy Freeman :confused:?

Last edited:

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Fred Tatasciore is also voicing Solomon Grundy like he did in the Arkham games. Anyway, this has me hooked, especially with Jeremy Adams writing this.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
The cast choices of this movie are very confusing Scott Menville voices Robin even though it's not Dick Grayson Robin and Tara Strong is voicing Batwoman instead of Batgirl.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
The cast choices of this movie are very confusing Scott Menville voices Robin even though it's not Dick Grayson Robin and Tara Strong is voicing Batwoman instead of Batgirl.
In the case of Tara, she's been in plenty of DC projects that have Batgirl, and yet she didn't voice her. Gotham City Breakout had her as Harley and Sarah Hyland as Batgirl. DC Superhero Girls 2015 had her as Harley, Ivy, and Raven while Mae Whitman and Ashlyn Selich voiced Batgirl. In The Batman Vs Dracula, based on The Batman, she voiced Vicki Vale while Danielle Judovits voiced Batgirl in the series.

As for Scott, he's voiced all the Robins in one form or another (except Jason Todd), so this is not surprising.

Frontier

Staff member
It's consistent with the castings in past Lego movies, where Menville has voiced this Robin and Alyson Stoner voiced Batgirl in Rage of Atlantis :).

Road to Gotham

Looking forward to this as I have liked all the LEGO DC released on home video so far.
Double Cool that Two-Face is the main villain.
Wonder how Captain Marvel fits into this. Helping to take out Brother Eye?

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter

Frontier

Staff member

The movie will be shown at Comic Con on July 21.
Lots of DC premieres at SDCC this year :cool:.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
Probably didn't want two Batman related projects coming out on the exact same day. Even if they are targeting different demographics.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
July 7:

Why not just release on July 30? The Lego Aquaman movie came out July 31 last year.

July 11:

Remember when the Lego Aquaman movie was leaked last year? Well, its happening again for this movie. As per usual, we only discuss the movie through official clips and when it comes out on dvd next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts