"Legion of Super-Heroes" Animated Feature News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
I have never really warmed to LoSH, regardless of the incarnation, so I can't say I'm super excited for this one. However, it is one of the major teams that Tucker did not touch upon in his continuity of DTV's, so it makes sense Lukic would take a stab at it.

That being said, still looking forward to how Lukic and his team approach this.

Frontier

Staff member
LoSH getting an animation push lately. On YJ. An HBO Max show in the works. Then in live action was in Supergirl. But hm, wonder why the sudden interest in LoSH by the powers that be.
Long Live the Legion in media in my book :D.

I wonder if this will involve Darren Criss' Superman, if this is connected to the Tomorrow-verse...or maybe even feature Kara :)?

I don't think it'll be based on the recent Bendis interpretation of the Legion since that's what the HBO Max show is.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
It should be interesting seeing which characters are put in the spotlight. A Kara & the Legion story would be nice. But there are probably a lot more characters who could show up here. This being a movie it could feature cameos from dozens of Legionnaires, which could be fun. All in all, this is probably the most surprising announcement for next year.

EDIT:
Also, this might be relevant - last month there was a Film Rating posted for "Legion of Super-Heroes" (PG-13), which I just presumed was for the HBO Max show but it does say from WB Home Entertainment. I can't seem to be able to find the certificate on their site anymore, but you can see the bulletin from that week on this site. I don't know if it was released too early or was sent back to get a different rating or something, just thought it might need to be posted here as well.

Last edited:

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
I have never really warmed to LoSH, regardless of the incarnation, so I can't say I'm super excited for this one. However, it is one of the major teams that Tucker did not touch upon in his continuity of DTV's, so it makes sense Lukic would take a stab at it.

That being said, still looking forward to how Lukic and his team approach this.
Tucker had the TV series to play around with them.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Otaku-sempai

EDIT:
Also, this might be relevant - last month there was a Film Rating posted for "Legion of Super-Heroes" (PG-13), which I just presumed was for the HBO Max show but it does say from WB Home Entertainment. I can't seem to be able to find the certificate on their site anymore, but you can see the bulletin from that week on this site. I don't know if it was released too early or was sent back to get a different rating or something, just thought it might need to be posted here as well.
That might be for the animated feature. Television shows usually are not rated by the MPAA.

ShadowStar

LoSH getting an animation push lately. On YJ. An HBO Max show in the works. Then in live action was in Supergirl. But hm, wonder why the sudden interest in LoSH by the powers that be.
Well, at least in YJ's case, we know that that was always part of Weisman and Vietti's plan anyway, so there's nothing sudden about that.

I love the Legion from the previous animated series, so I'm excited for their film and show!
Dallas Kinard said:
Personally I'd love for this to be a wrap-up of Tucker's series. But I highly doubt it will be.
I love this idea, but I highly doubt that the film will return to that continuity.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
DC has offered a brief tease of the story. I assume this will be the first one out of the gate next year:

In the film, Supergirl finds she needs a few lessons as she acclimates to Earth…and Superman looks to the heroes of the Legion to get it done.

My interest has increased with the inclusion of Supergirl. Darren Criss' Superman is getting his Kara quicker than I imagined.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
DC has offered a brief tease of the story. I assume this will be the first one out of the gate next year:

My interest has increased with the inclusion of Supergirl. Darren Criss' Superman is getting his Kara quicker than I imagined.
I was wondering if they would use Supergirl here! Looks like we're finally going to meet Tomorrow-verse Kara :D.

I think this is also the first time we've seen Supergirl in an animated feature since Superman: Unbound :).

I'm curious to see how they'll handle Kara's origin here since it seems like a lot of it will be off-screen...and also implies Superman already has a history with the Legion like the comics :cool:.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Cool to have early confirmation Supergirl is showing up. That only leaves who among the Legion of Super-Heroes (and maybe the Justice League?) will appear. :p

Yeah, not counting the DC Super Hero Girls and LEGO movies, or Teen Titans GO to the Movies, this would be the first film with Supergirl since 2013. So technically a decade since her last big role.

Frontier

Staff member
I wonder if she'll hook up with Braniac 5 again :p.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if they're introducing Supergirl now because of the animated Crisis...

Frontier

Staff member
It would be nice if they're even adding Supergirl's name to the title. Helps make it stand out more from the Legion animated series (both of them!).
And it has basis in the comics:

61tpkFRCH6L.jpg

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I find it odd how the end credits to Dreamhouse Adventures last about 30 seconds, but the end credits to It Takes Two last over a full minute.

The news is making me angry. Stop existing, the news. I'm warning you.

If what is happening constitutes "good news" (and I suppose it does) imagine how enraged the bad news has been making me.
Today marks the 5th Year Anniversary of when DuckTales (2017) premiered. I found this reboot to be an entertaining watch and was impressed by how it incorporated aspects of other Disney cartoons (such as Daarkwing Duck). Likewise, I appreciated getting to know Della Duck.
Check Out @Zentron 's Art Stuff on The Drawing Board! Some really cool YouTube stuff starts on the second page!

Nick schedules at last minute changes STILL continues to be out of control because it's too frequent to really keep up with the updates, and this is really annoying.

Featured Posts