Legends Of The Hidden Temple (CW Series)

JMTV

The Adorkable One.
Okay, that's interesting. I'm not sure if Nickelodeon will be okay with this, but considering that Viacom CBS owns half of The CW, I guess it makes sense.

Still better than the idea of live action PPG, so I'll wait and see if it stays true to the original game show.

Mandouga

Okay, that's interesting. I'm not sure if Nickelodeon will be okay with this, but considering that Viacom CBS owns half of The CW, I guess it makes sense.

Still better than the idea of live action PPG, so I'll wait and see if it stays true to the original game show.

Either way, given that this won’t be a family show, it will probably be entirely sarcasm meant to please the older viewers who saw the real show “back in the day”, but who (in the makers’ eyes) can’t believe they ever saw a “dumb” show like that...or something like that (you know, based on “focus”/“demographic” research).

This is just one possibility, but in the end, regardless of what actually happens, the fact that this isn’t going to be a family game show clearly shows that the makers of this show don’t know what they’re talking about. Oh yeah, I’ll bet this is a continuation of that thing that was on the failed “Quibi” service. Heck, I wouldn’t be surprised if this was a parody of the original show.

Make no mistake, though. The network (much less the show) is going to start becoming very...unpopular (to put it one way) when (some of the) moms and dads bring their families, thinking it’s an actual revival of a classic Nickelodeon show (which it isn’t, of course) and find out what this show is really all about. Nickelodeon may have made mistakes (and they’re still making one mistake; one involving “you-know-who-bob you-know-what-pants), but even they don’t deserve to have their name dragged through the mud like this (and yes, it wouldn’t be the first time), even if they are part of the same company...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan's Revenge

List keeper
LOTHT was one of my all-time favs on Nickelodeon back in the day. Definitely won't hold my breath but can't also deny my looking forward to seeing it anyway. Wonder if the Purple Parrots do better this time around, heh. (Barracudas all the way here)

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!

harry580

Who would of thought a service like Quibi would be a massive failure? :p
it was Jeffrey katzenburg, he did it so he can continue his career after selling DreamWorks Animation to comcast, he would just be a president of everything else other than media entertainment instead

JMTV

The Adorkable One.
So apparently, the show was pitched to the (failed) Quibi streaming service.

Oof. Yeah, it was for the best to put it on The CW.

Now imagine if this aired the same night as live-action PPG.
That would be the most cursed thing I've ever seen.

Moe

Awesome, I definitely sure that history questions will be college level and more difficult than original show.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
This shouldn't be the only primetime series Nick produces for a broadcast network.

I'd love Fox to have a live-action sitcom version of The Loud House if the live-action Christmas movie is successful.

And a live-action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series could be groomed to succeed NCIS in the Tuesday 8 PM slot on CBS.

TFormersMarvel

Nickelodeon is one of the producers for this new unscripted reboot, according to the posted article.

"David G. Stanley, Scott A. Stone and Stephen R. Brown created the Nick series. Stone will executive produce The CW’s version along with Marcus Fox. Stone & Company Entertainment and Nickelodeon are producing."

I'm only surprised that Viacom didn't decide to make it a Paramount Plus exclusive.

harry580

Nickelodeon is one of the producers for this new unscripted reboot, according to the posted article.

"David G. Stanley, Scott A. Stone and Stephen R. Brown created the Nick series. Stone will executive produce The CW’s version along with Marcus Fox. Stone & Company Entertainment and Nickelodeon are producing."

I'm only surprised that Viacom didn't decide to make it a Paramount Plus exclusive.
well this was always a licensed nick branded streaming show since it was pitched to quibi before quibi shuttered and since Viacomcbs owned half of the cw, it makes sense

JMTV

The Adorkable One.

Oh, that's good.

Yeah, I'm surprised they didn't to that either. Then again, I'm not sure if any streaming services produces new game shows, as far as I know.

Lex The Bookworm

Yep, they even issued a casting call just before the pandemic hit.

Who would of thought a service like Quibi would be a massive failure? :p
This reboot for Legends of Hidden Temple will also be flopped if it was on Quibi due to runtime being too short. Thankfully production stopped last march due to Covid-19 and was cancelled when Quibi shut down last October. I glad The CW order a revival instead of a reboot and the runtime will most likely be 22 minutes.

harry580

This reboot for Legends of Hidden Temple will also be flopped if it was on Quibi due to runtime being too short. Thankfully production stopped last march due to Covid-19 and was cancelled when Quibi shut down last October. I glad The CW order a revival instead of a reboot and the runtime will most likely be 22 minutes.
I happy about that too, I think nick and the cw made the right choice to make changes to the quibi proposal

hobbyfan

Do you know what this means?

We could hypothetically have a series based off of series from both Cartoon Network AND Nickelodeon on the same channel.

Now imagine if this aired the same night as live-action PPG.

With the announcement that CW will start a Saturday night schedule, that could very well happen.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts