Legendary Pictures Developing Gundam Movie

Frontier

Staff member
Legendary Pictures is co-producing a live-action Gundam film.

The film will be overseen by Cayle Boyter on behalf of Legendary with the Sunrise creative team.

gundam%2Blive%2Baction.jpg

Last edited:

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
Will believe it when I see it.

I don't expect a Hollywood version to have the depth or complexity of the best stories that have come out of the franchise. I don't think it will play very well with US audiences as well.

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon Analyst, Artist
Oh great, just what we need, another anime-turned live action film. First Dragon Ball Evolution, then that Ghost in the Shell movie and now this? Next thing you know, there's going to be a live-action Naruto adaptation!

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Weren't there those proposed live action Cowboy Bebop, Sword Art Online, and One Piece adaptations that never happened? 80% of all "announced" live action adaptations never get made and the other 20% includes Netlix Death Note.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
Weren't there those proposed live action Cowboy Bebop, Sword Art Online, and One Piece adaptations that never happened? 80% of all "announced" live action adaptations never get made and the other 20% includes Netlix Death Note.

Development means they are developing them basically. However, Legendary does seem to have deep pockets to finance their own stuff these days.

Doesn't seem there's much movement on any of them. But they are still in their early development/pre-production phases.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Doesn't seem there's much movement on any of them. But they are still in their early development/pre-production phases.

"Pre-production" can last a very long time, decades in fact. The American Bebop film was in "pre-production" for many years before its cancellation. That is why being in pre-production doesn't mean squat as to whether it will get made or not.

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
"Pre-production" can last a very long time, decades in fact. The American Bebop film was in "pre-production" for many years before its cancellation. That is why being in pre-production doesn't mean squat as to whether it will get made or not.

True, but maybe with Legendary having some experience with giant robot movies like Pacific Rim, this might have a chance of being made.

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
Oh great, just what we need, another anime-turned live action film. First Dragon Ball Evolution, then that Ghost in the Shell movie and now this? Next thing you know, there's going to be a live-action Naruto adaptation!

I've got news for you ...

True, but maybe with Legendary having some experience with giant robot movies like Pacific Rim, this might have a chance of being made.

Given the commercial failures of those movies, maybe not. The first one was barely saved by its Chinese box office. The sequel was an abject flop everywhere.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Starting next month, I will be going back to using Magical Doremi profile pics for a while, because I want to honor the first magical girl series I ever watched.
Streaker Prower wrote on Vuxovich's profile.
What would happen if FUNimation did continue to use Ocean Media for Dragon Ball Z And Probably the Original Dragon Ball, GT, Kai, Super and the Video Games

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now

Featured Posts