Lack of CGI Adult Cartoons?

powerjake

Banned
Why are CGI cartoons aimed at Adults are non existent on channels like Fox, Adult Swim, Comedy Central or streaming like Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon. In the past in the 2000's adult cartoons like Tripping the Rift, Father of the Pride, Drinky Crow show, Lucy: The Daughter of the Devil and Xavier: Renegade Angel were made but the companies do not make them like they once did. Adult Stop Motion shows have a better chance of being made but why not CGI?. Adult Swim and Syfy Channel were some examples that had CGI Adult cartoons a long time ago even DreamWorks Animation made Father of the Pride for NBC.

Does it have to do with budget reasons or the companies do not care for entirely CGI prime-time animation?.

Orange Mo

orangemo
Why are CGI cartoons aimed at Adults are non existent on channels like Fox, Adult Swim, Comedy Central or streaming like Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon. In the past in the 2000's adult cartoons like Tripping the Rift, Father of the Pride, Drinky Crow show, Lucy: The Daughter of the Devil and Xavier: Renegade Angel were made but the companies do not make them like they once did. Adult Stop Motion shows have a better chance of being made but why not CGI?. Adult Swim and Syfy Channel were some examples that had CGI Adult cartoons a long time ago even DreamWorks Animation made Father of the Pride for NBC.

Does it have to do with budget reasons or the companies do not care for entirely CGI prime-time animation?.
There's stop motion which is similar to CGI. MODOK and Crossing Swords are new cartoons in stop-motion. But 2D is just so much better than 3D because there are no limits.

harry580

I think sony pictures animation could produced a adult cgi series, I won't be surprised if they reuse the connected name for a adult cgi animated series (not related to the Mitchells vs the machines film)

powerjake

Banned
There's stop motion which is similar to CGI. MODOK and Crossing Swords are new cartoons in stop-motion. But 2D is just so much better than 3D because there are no limits.

An adult stop motion show has a better chance of being seen on the channel than an all CGI adult cartoon.

Do the channels think its not appealing to the adult viewers?.

TFormersMarvel

There's a very recent 3DCG cartoon currently airing on Paramount Plus called No Activity (from the folks at Funny or Die).
Its origins are pretty funny, as the series had been a live-action affair for 3 seasons prior, until COVID-19 hit and the staff decided to go a stylized 3DCG route for a full Season 4.

harry580

Its origins are pretty funny, as the series had been a live-action affair for 3 seasons prior, until COVID-19 hit and the staff decided to go a stylized 3DCG route for a full Season 4.
so its just going to be animated for the future seasons of the series or until the live action season 4 got filmed and release making the animated version non canon and more a spin off

TFormersMarvel

so its just going to be animated for the future seasons of the series or until the live action season 4 got filmed and release making the animated version non canon and more a spin off
So far, No Activity's Season 4 is completely intended to be fully animated, with no plans to remake the season in live-action. Its animation is being handled by Flight School ., which has a couple of alumni from ReelFX. In fact, the series debuted yesterday, April 8th.

It's not like what happened last season with The Blacklist, where the team did some last-minute planning to end that season with a hybrid approach of already filmed live-action scenes, mixed with pre-visual 3DCG animation in a comic book style to fill in the blanks.

powerjake

Banned
There's a very recent 3DCG cartoon currently airing on Paramount Plus called No Activity (from the folks at Funny or Die).

Thats really weird that got an all CGI season, I've never seen other live action shows do that.

harry580

So far, No Activity's Season 4 is completely intended to be fully animated, with no plans to remake the season in live-action. Its animation is being handled by Flight School ., which has a couple of alumni from ReelFX. In fact, the series debuted yesterday, April 8th.

It's not like what happened last season with The Blacklist, where the team did some last-minute planning to end that season with a hybrid approach of already filmed live-action scenes, mixed with pre-visual 3DCG animation in a comic book style to fill in the blanks.
thank you for your information and I didn't know blacklist has a episode its has hybrid approach of already filmed live-action scenes, mixed with pre-visual 3DCG animation in a comic book style to fill in the blanks

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Considering a lot of adult animation right now are family sitcoms where the outlandish elements are grounded in either the profane or the ironic, most don't really have a need to be CGI which honestly only at most 15-20% of TV Cartoons are anyway. That's not to say there aren't some out there or coming out. I mean Marvel is coming out with one on Disney Plus this summer based on the MCU called What If

So we are getting some it's just not exactly the most high priority or done right now.

powerjake

Banned
Considering a lot of adult animation right now are family sitcoms where the outlandish elements are grounded in either the profane or the ironic, most don't really have a need to be CGI which honestly only at most 15-20% of TV Cartoons are anyway. That's not to say there aren't some out there or coming out. I mean Marvel is coming out with one on Disney Plus this summer based on the MCU called What If

So we are getting some it's just not exactly the most high priority or done right now.

Marvels What if was most likely made CGI as its an action show based on the popular MCU series.

FTPC

give it time It will come in time

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Adults do get a lot of CGI in live-action movies. Adult cartoons mostly have niche audiences and CGI is just too expensive.

harry580

well there's a animation test for the goon movie by blur studios and 20th century studios and Chernin are now distributing it. I don't know if I would post the trailer because its has swear words

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts