"Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts" News and Discussion Thread

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
This makes it the second DWA TV series that Karen Fukuhara served as a cast member as she voices Glimmer in She-Ra and the Princesses of Power.
Looks like Derrick Wyatt worked on this.
The art style reminds me of Tranformers Animated and Ben 10 Omniverse.
It also looks like it’s worth checking out!
Is there any confirmation that he's the art director for this?

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
I liked the first trailer more. This reminds me more of some shonen anime, but then with a girl protagonist.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A202F met Tapatalk

StellaMagic

I saw the entire season and love it. I can't wait to see more and find out Kipo's secret. That Scarlemagne makes the joker look like a birthday clown.

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
So just finished and thought it was pretty good but one thing I don't understand is why the human society doesn't have any weapons.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
While the artstyle and character development took some getting used to (Wolf may just be best character because of it!), it all worked out so dang well that all I can say is this: BRING ON SEASON 2. Please and Thank you.

Radiant97

Uploaded Intelligence
Just finished the season and I really liked it. The mysteries surrounding the world and the characters left me wanting more. Hope it lasts a while.
While the artstyle and character development took some getting used to (Wolf may just be best character because of it!)
Yeah, her backstory voided all my initial negative opinions on her, and it made sense why the show took quite a while to get there.

Last edited:

Dudley

Staff member
I really enjoyed this show. It was very engaging and I was excited to see what happens next, and now I can’t wait for the next season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Draco Dracul

Really love the art style, reminds me a lot of Teen Titans, mainly the character designs.

I'm guessing that Kipo wasn't born in the burrow as it's clear her dad was working on something that involved Scarlimange and Mega-Monkey.

Radiant97

Uploaded Intelligence
I have a theory to what happened 2 hundred years ago. What if scientist used a serum that increased evolution in animals, but the process wound up corrupting the animals, causing them to rebel against the human race.
I wanna elaborate on this theory. What if Leo (and possibly Song too) was one of the scientists who developed this hypothetical serum, hence why he and Scarlamagne knew each other? Direct exposure to this serum may have also been what killed Song and it also explains why Kipo is half-mute.

Oh and one addendum to my initial review: the soundtrack slaps.

StellaMagic

I wanna elaborate on this theory. What if Leo (and possibly Song too) was one of the scientists who developed this hypothetical serum, hence why he and Scarlamagne knew each other? Direct exposure to this serum may have also been what killed Song and it also explains why Kipo is half-mute.

Oh and one addendum to my initial review: the soundtrack slaps.
This show has dawn of the planet of the apes all over it. It also raised a lot of question. What happened to world outside Las Vistas? How do Hugo (Scarlegmagne) and Lio know each other? How is Kipo part mute? How did the animals become sentient and intellegent?

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter

Series creators Rad Sechrist and Bill Wolkoff, and story editor Joanna Lewis will be at Emerald City Comic Con on March 12 .

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
Ooh, that's a good place and time to formally announce season two.

I wish this crew and the She-Ra people headed to C2E2. I had a chance to attend the Stretch Armstrong panel two years ago and I blew it.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.
The time when Gunther spoke Dutch in Friends.

Featured Posts