"Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts" News and Discussion Thread

Nexonius

Ten, count em', ten years!
The link's broken at the moment, possibly because it may have been announced early so until a viewable link is available I'll just create a thread.

Rad Sechrist is the creator, DreamWorks Animation Television is producing the series for Netflix.

Nexonius

This is the first official image from Kipo. Article will be up tomorrow morning.

Nexonius

With this series finally announced, this starts the original IPs that were hinted by Steve Hulett over a year ago. Of course with shows based off books or ideas that were supposed to be movies like Dinotrux or Trollhunters, or original preschool fare like Rhyme Time Town or Gabby's Dollhouse.

There was a comic based off of this that came out back in 2015, but it's been taken down.

Dudley

Staff member
Is this Dreamworks first animated show for Netflix not based on a pre-existing property?
I can’t tell if 3 Below counts since it’s tied to a series based off a book (Trollhunters)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nexonius

Is this Dreamworks first animated show for Netflix not based on a pre-existing property?
I can’t tell if 3 Below counts since it’s tied to a series based off a book (Trollhunters)

Unless you count the now deleted comic, and if it premieres in January then yes it'll be the first wholly original series DWA produced. They're also pumping up on making more original IPs as well.

Dudley

Staff member
I heard and I’m excited!

With Universal Kids abandoning plans for original content, and giving up control of Hulu, Netflix has once again became a major home for DWATV’s content. I can’t wait to see what else they make!

Nexonius

Well Hulu still has a deal with DWATV for shows along with a deal with Amazon so they'll also be a home to those services.

And Universal Kids might still make original shows by DWATV.

Directors confirmed so far are Chase Conley and Chris Copeland.

Nexonius

Young Ki Yoon was the Supervising Director of the show. He recently departed.

The directors so far are..
Michael Chang
Bridget Underwood
Chase Conley
Chris Copeland

Dudley

Staff member
Looks like Derrick J Wyatt worked on this.
The art style reminds me of Tranformers Animated and Ben 10 Omniverse.
It also looks like it’s worth checking out!

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts