"Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts" News and Discussion Thread

Latest News & Videos

AdrenalineRush1996

May 13, 2016
This makes it the second DWA TV series that Karen Fukuhara served as a cast member as she voices Glimmer in She-Ra and the Princesses of Power.
Looks like Derrick Wyatt worked on this.
The art style reminds me of Tranformers Animated and Ben 10 Omniverse.
It also looks like it’s worth checking out!
Is there any confirmation that he's the art director for this?

Reactions: Frontier

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oct 22, 2012
Belgium
I liked the first trailer more. This reminds me more of some shonen anime, but then with a girl protagonist.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A202F met Tapatalk

StellaMagic

Nov 18, 2006
Virginia
I saw the entire season and love it. I can't wait to see more and find out Kipo's secret. That Scarlemagne makes the joker look like a birthday clown.

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
Nov 1, 2013
So just finished and thought it was pretty good but one thing I don't understand is why the human society doesn't have any weapons.

I.R. Shokew

HAIL NEO ARCADIA!
Sep 26, 2011
Neo Arcadia, USA
While the artstyle and character development took some getting used to (Wolf may just be best character because of it!), it all worked out so dang well that all I can say is this: BRING ON SEASON 2. Please and Thank you.

Reactions: Radiant97

Radiant97

gaming
Feb 3, 2018
Endless (Trash)
Just finished the season and I really liked it. The mysteries surrounding the world and the characters left me wanting more. Hope it lasts a while.
While the artstyle and character development took some getting used to (Wolf may just be best character because of it!)
Yeah, her backstory voided all my initial negative opinions on her, and it made sense why the show took quite a while to get there.

Last edited:
Reactions: I.R. Shokew

Draco Dracul

Jun 2, 2017
Really love the art style, reminds me a lot of Teen Titans, mainly the character designs.

I'm guessing that Kipo wasn't born in the burrow as it's clear her dad was working on something that involved Scarlimange and Mega-Monkey.

Radiant97

gaming
Feb 3, 2018
Endless (Trash)
I have a theory to what happened 2 hundred years ago. What if scientist used a serum that increased evolution in animals, but the process wound up corrupting the animals, causing them to rebel against the human race.
I wanna elaborate on this theory. What if Leo (and possibly Song too) was one of the scientists who developed this hypothetical serum, hence why he and Scarlamagne knew each other? Direct exposure to this serum may have also been what killed Song and it also explains why Kipo is half-mute.

Oh and one addendum to my initial review: the soundtrack slaps.

Reactions: Draco Dracul

StellaMagic

Nov 18, 2006
Virginia
I wanna elaborate on this theory. What if Leo (and possibly Song too) was one of the scientists who developed this hypothetical serum, hence why he and Scarlamagne knew each other? Direct exposure to this serum may have also been what killed Song and it also explains why Kipo is half-mute.

Oh and one addendum to my initial review: the soundtrack slaps.
This show has dawn of the planet of the apes all over it. It also raised a lot of question. What happened to world outside Las Vistas? How do Hugo (Scarlegmagne) and Lio know each other? How is Kipo part mute? How did the animals become sentient and intellegent?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I'm so glad that Uncle Grandpa is getting more respect as time goes on.
How come X-Men Evolution aired on Kids' WB instead of Fox Kids, despite...

-WB owning Marvel's rival DC
-Fox showing the preceding cartoon, X-Men(and indeed all Marvel cartoons inbetween those two not counting UPN's Hulk and the syndicated Fantastic Four/Iron Man)
-The show coming off the heels of the X-Men movie... made by Fox
R.I.P. 20th Century Fox
New game: The List
One week from now you'll know where it is.