KidVid What-Ifs to Go Crazy On

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
I'm trying to apply them realistically. If you hate realism so much, go to the X-bridge.
I don't hate realism, actually and the X-Bridge is inactive. It's just that you didn't state at the start of the thread that it has to be realistic and apologies for my previous comments.

Last edited:

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
I don't hate realism, actually and the X-Bridge is inactive. It's just that you didn't state at the start of the thread that it has to be realistic and apologies for my previous comments.
I didn't say it has to be, I just tried to apply them realistically. Things that are way too off-the-wall aren't allowed.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
I didn't say it has to be, I just tried to apply them realistically. Things that are way too off-the-wall aren't allowed.
Well, it still doesn't help that you didn't mention that latter part in your opening post for the thread. About my what if, I was actually going to expand on that but no, you rejected it because it had no E/I content and the thing is that it was more of a what if NBC decided to do something similar to Fox Kids, Kids' WB and ABC Kids in order to appeal it to kids around the age between 9-12 as while it would have E/I content, it would also have modern cartoons than cartoons from decades ago. If I did a thread like this, I wouldn't even apply them realistically. You're just not helping at all when it comes to shattering their what ifs.

Tacomaster

Well, it still doesn't help that you didn't mention that latter part in your opening post for the thread. About my what if, I was actually going to expand on that but no, you rejected it because it had no E/I content and the thing is that it was more of a what if NBC decided to do something similar to Fox Kids, Kids' WB and ABC Kids in order to appeal it to kids around the age between 9-12 as while it would have E/I content, it would also have modern cartoons than cartoons from decades ago. If I did a thread like this, I wouldn't even apply them realistically. You're just not helping at all when it comes to shattering their what ifs.
Don't get testy now.

alex dahlseid

TPT aka channel 2 (kcta) will have a block focused on Cartoon Network shows example classic powerpuff girls,codename kids next door etc
Kare11 will have Kare 11 kids another Cartoon Network inspired block will have shows like powerpuff girls classic knd and many man more old and new Cartoon Network shows

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
TPT aka channel 2 (kcta) will have a block focused on Cartoon Network shows example classic powerpuff girls,codename kids next door etc
Kare11 will have Kare 11 kids another Cartoon Network inspired block will have shows like powerpuff girls classic knd and many man more old and new Cartoon Network shows
Unrealistic. PBS would hardly air those shows.

Tacomaster

Attention: This is now a general kids network what-if thread. That means I am now open to talk about networks as well as blocks. For my first trick:

What if NBCUniversal launched a kids channel in the US prior to Universal Kids?

It would essentially be Qubo(which they had a stake in), but in addition to the OTA channel(now on mainly NBC affiliates), it's now on more cable providers and maybe even satellite. It's also aimed at a wider audience, able to use the full capabilities of the Nelvana, Scholastic, Classic Media(later DreamWorks), and NBCUniversal libraries, while new shows by them(such as Wayside) premiere exclusively on Qubo Channel, with E/I content aimed at various audiences move to the Qubo blocks on NBC and Telemundo(and maybe Ion). In 2007, NBCUniversal acquires Sparrowhawk, which owns the international KidsCo channels, helping Qubo launch internationally and bringing DiC(later Cookie Jar and DHX Media) under their wing. In 2012, Ion removes themselves from the partnership, and Comcast, owners of Sprout, acquires NBCUniversal. Sprout becomes QuboMini. In 2016, Comcast acquires DreamWorks, one of the joint owners of Qubo, and their DreamWorks channels are either shut down or relaunched as Qubo in places with no Qubo channel.

stephane dumas

What if Fred Silverman who was at NBC in the late 1970s didn't gived the green light for the Smurfs and NBC pulled the plug on SatAM a decade earlier?

Tacomaster

What if Fred Silverman who was at NBC in the late 1970s didn't gived the green light for the Smurfs and NBC pulled the plug on SatAM a decade earlier?
Then it’d become a free for all against ABC and CBS. Shows that might have ended up in NBC would have ended up on one of those networks. If NBC did get back into kidvid, it would’ve been like TNBC(so not kiddy) for E/I purposes only.

And then came Fox...

JaredCap43™

I'm the Mighty Pocoyo, no CEO can defeat me!
Or what if ABC didn't pick up The Real Ghostbusters or the New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh and called it quits around 1985/1986, with the Looney Tunes shorts staying on CBS?

Tacomaster

What if Kids WB picked up Dragon Ball Z instead of Pokémon?
Fox Kids would've gotten a bit more popular because it probably would have gotten Pokemon, instead, and DBZ would have been edited to heck and back.

You know, I can do what-ifs on channels, too.

Oscar Preciado

What if Danger Mouse 2015 reboot aired on September 2008 on CBBC in UK, while Disney purchases the worldwide rights to air Danger Mouse on Disney XD, starting with Danger Mouse to air on Disney XD on February 13, 2009, during the USA premiere of Disney XD, after replacing Toon Disney and Jetix.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts