KidVid What-Ifs to Go Crazy On

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
That one goes for Kids' WB!

What if Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi was produced by Warner Bros. Animation and aired on Kids' WB!, instead of Cartoon Network. It premiered from 2004 to 2006, after The WB switch to the CW.
Also, having Duck Dodgers air on Kids' WB! from 2003 to 2006
...not really much of a difference.

Oscar Preciado

Okay, Now for the alternate timeline.

If 4Kids didn't win bidding war to get Fox's Saturday Morning lineup, do you think 4Kids shows like 2003 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Sonic X and Winx Club might end up in Kids' WB!

and another one, If it weren't for Litton. Do you think it might be a good idea for Disney to make Disney XD on ABC block to replace ABC Kids for 2010?

Tacomaster

Okay, Now for the alternate timeline.

If 4Kids didn't win bidding war to get Fox's Saturday Morning lineup, do you think 4Kids shows like 2003 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Sonic X and Winx Club might end up in Kids' WB!

and another one, If it weren't for Litton. Do you think it might be a good idea for Disney to make Disney XD on ABC block to replace ABC Kids for 2010?
For the 4Kids one, maybe. Maybe it could become a 4Kids block even earlier! Or maybe they could have a syndicated or UPN block.

As for ABC, nada. They almost didn’t give a crap about the abc block, and only kept it around for E/I content.

Tacomaster

What if 4Kids hadn't bought Kids' WB and settled with Fox to keep 4KidsTV?
There'd probably be more E/I content on both blocks to please the affiliates. All the 4Kids shows that premiered on CW4Kids would appear on the Fox block instead. In 2010 it may become Toonzai, and with 4Kids's bankruptcy in 2011, it becomes Vortexx in 2012, bringing Saban, Power Rangers, and Digimon back to Fox. Kids' WB became a mix of CN content and E/I acquired shows and the occasional E/I WB or CN show like Baby Looney Tunes, Scooby Doo(kind of), and LazyTown. In 2014, both blociks get replaced by live-action E/I blocks- Litton's One Magnificent Morning in place of Kids' WB and Steve Rotfeld's Xploration Station in place of Vortexx.
The timeline where Discovery Kids and NBC don't break up in 2006.
NBC and Ion still make Qubo, but DK gets shut down in 2007 in place of a Qubo channel with former DK programs. Hasbro buys out half of G4 and turns it into the Hub, but when Comcast acquires NBC in 2011, it gets shut down and the Hasbro programs are moved to Qubo.

Oscar Preciado

What if Fox's Barry Diller bought the rights to Garfield & Friends in early 1990 for Fox's own children block called Fox Kids Network and aired it from 1990 to 1996. Saban Entertainment owned the rights to the show, due to purchase of half of Fox Kids, from 1997 to 2001, Later by Disney from 2001 to 2016 and now owned by 9 Story Media Group.

Tacomaster

What if Fox's Barry Diller bought the rights to Garfield & Friends in early 1990 for Fox's own children block called Fox Kids Network and aired it from 1990 to 1996. Saban Entertainment owned the rights to the show, due to purchase of half of Fox Kids, from 1997 to 2001, Later by Disney from 2001 to 2016 and now owned by 9 Story Media Group.
Barry has to wait until 1995 to get his hands on the Garf, due to the show running on CBS with new episodes until 1994. Garfield runs until 1999 on FK, and from 1998 to 2001 on Fox Family. Worldwide, the show is a large part of the inaugural schedules for international Fox Kids networks, as well as many later Jetix Play networks and a few Jetix channels. TD still aired Garfield and Friends in the states, due to acquiring the rights from Saban in 2001. Garfield and Friends, unlike many other FK shows, got many DVD releases, especially in 2004 and 2006 for the Garfield movies. In 2016, 9 Story acquired Garfield and Friends from Disney, much to everyone's shock. NEXT

Oscar Preciado

Wait, I have one. What if Bakugan: Battle Brawler was picked up by 4Kids Entertainment in 2007, instead of Nelvana, but toys still be made by Spin Master. After 4Kids Bankrupt, Saban Brands bought the rights, along with the rest of 4Kids assets (except for Yu-Gi-Oh!, which Konami owned it). Later, Hasbro owns Bakugan from Saban.

Tacomaster

Wait, I have one. What if Bakugan: Battle Brawler was picked up by 4Kids Entertainment in 2007, instead of Nelvana, but toys still be made by Spin Master. After 4Kids Bankrupt, Saban Brands bought the rights, along with the rest of 4Kids assets (except for Yu-Gi-Oh!, which Konami owned it). Later, Hasbro owns Bakugan from Saban.
It may or may not have been as successful. Bakugan only got more seasons because of it's success in America with the Nelvana dub. IDK about post-Hasbro, as you said the toys were still by SpinMaster.

Tacomaster

What if there was a Dreamworks Animation SatAM block on NBC? Just think of so much possibilities.
Completely educational, for three hours. Shows would include Harvey Street Kids, Mr. Peabody and Sherman, Back to the Future Animated, Noddy, Land Before Time, and a rotating Classic Media show under the name “Universal Classics”. All these shows and more would air on Universal Kids, and the block would be called Universal Kids on NBC.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Completely educational, for three hours. Shows would include Harvey Street Kids, Mr. Peabody and Sherman, Back to the Future Animated, Noddy, Land Before Time, and a rotating Classic Media show under the name “Universal Classics”. All these shows and more would air on Universal Kids, and the block would be called Universal Kids on NBC.
I actually meant shows like HTTYD: The Series, Voltron: Legendary Defender, Tales of Arcadia and She-Ra and the Princesses of Power in terms of which shows would be in this hypothetical idea of mine.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
But they aren't E/I. Networks don't give a crap if they don't fill the mandate.
But this is a what if thread, so why can't there be a what if there was no E/I stuff on SatAM? You can't just restrict it to include E/I content as well. Not every show in the schedule of popular SatAM blocks such as Fox Kids, Kids' WB etc had E/I stuff.

Tacomaster

But this is a what if thread, so why can't there be a what if there was no E/I stuff on SatAM? You can't just restrict it to include E/I content as well. Not every show in the schedule of popular SatAM blocks such as Fox Kids, Kids' WB etc had E/I stuff.
I was applying it realistically. Anything else?

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
I was applying it realistically. Anything else?
Well, it's just that it doesn't help when you apply it realistically and that's probably why not a lot of people have commented in this thread. You didn't need to be nitpicky about my Dreamworks NBC block idea just because none of the shows I mentioned had E/I content.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts