Kidtagious is in the Anime GAME

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
Who's going to buying those rights given the show is available on YouTube, legally, for free? Would be nice if they could pay for the dub to cover the entirety of the original series, but that's not happening.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
That's weird, it already has a perfectly good dub. Whatever they do now will just be a downgrade.

Mandouga

Not only that, but last I checked, the Japanese version of the original Buddyfight series STILL hasn't been uploaded.

...or has it been uploaded since then?

Takao

That's weird, it already has a perfectly good dub. Whatever they do now will just be a downgrade.

They're not redubbing it. The trailer on their Vimeo account is the same one Bushiroad used to promote the series back when it debuted.

I get the sense they're not working with a tonne of cash. They're also distributing a Korean CG cartoon that they've rebranded to Wrist Racers. Under its original name, the same series is already streaming on Netflix, Amazon Prime and even YouTube. Despite the name change, wide availability and janky voice acting in that dub, Kidtagious is reusing it.

aegisrawks

God I just realized how much I want the Pretty Cure (The first series )dub to be massively available digitally, oh Kidtagious grant me this one wish!

Takao

You know what they say, though. Be careful what you wish for, you might get it...

What is there to be careful of? That dub is visually uncut, retained the original BGM and features minimal name localizations. Kidtagious likely doesn't have the budget to redo that.

Mandouga

What is there to be careful of? That dub is visually uncut, retained the original BGM and features minimal name localizations. Kidtagious likely doesn't have the budget to redo that.

Which would mean that they might actually leave it alone in the first place, which is what we need to hope for either way (for them to leave it alone). Look, Takao. If Alfred J. Kahn were to get his hands on this or any other anime, history would just be repeating itself. I mean, 4Kids almost got Pretty Cure, but ended up passing on it because of...stuff.

The point is, we can't make any assumptions. There was already an English dub of Winx Club (a non-anime, but that's irrelevant), but 4Kids redubbed it anyway, because they don't/didn't give two hoots about artistic integrity (no matter which country it comes from), and, for all intents and purposes, literally think/thought the viewers--regardless of age or familiarity with any non-American animation, let alone anime--are that stupid. Long story short, we can't assume that if this new company were to "only" get the distribution rights to Pretty Cure, or any other show, that they wouldn't leave them alone for any reason. I repeat, we have to hope that history won't repeat itself.

On a related note, I suspect that even back when they were just "The Summit Media Group", they were the ones who told Ruby-Spears that they had to redo the character designs for Ruby-Spears' Mega Man series (originally, the designs were going to be closer to Capcom's official artwork).

Takao

Kidtagious literally has the distribution rights to an anime series and they appear to be doing nothing to it.

Realistically, they're not going to pick up Pretty Cure. The show is 15 years old and looks it. No one is marketing SD animation in 4:3 as new content to sell merch to western kids in 2020.

Takao

All of the pre-Ace episodes of Buddyfight's dub have recently been added to Amazon Prime. I'm guessing Kidtagious did that through Prime Video Direct and you'll eventually see it show up elsewhere.

The subbed version isn't available, so anyone watching is going to have a 70 episode gap.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts