Kids' WB! on the CW Talkback: "Monster Allergy" - September & October (SPOILERS)

• Enter to win two tickets to MIRAI plus Merch. Details here.

Latest News

Apr 26, 2002
Visit site

Monster Allergy is based on the international best-selling comic book series of the same name. The series follows 12-year-old Ziek who suffers from allergies and discovers that he has the ability to see the invisible supernatural monsters that live among us. Along with help from his classmate Elena, and his talking cat, Timothy, Ziek hopes to hone his powers to one day become a Monster Tamer. This is the official talkback for "Monster Allergy" months of September and October on Kids' WB! on the CW.

Premieres at 8:00AM EDT
5) The Pyramid of the Invulnerable - September 23, 2006
6) Magnacat - September 30, 2006
7) Pirates Hideout - October 7, 2006
8) Terror in the Deep - October 14, 2006
9) Canned Monsters - October 21, 2006
10) Zick Vs. Zick - October 28, 2006

Please note that these are the production episode numbers, if you were going by air date then the schedule would read from 1 through 6.

All information from TV.com and ToonZone's Schedule Page
(Also could a mod please mirror this into The Disney Animation Forum, because it is based on a Disney comic)

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 26, 2002
Visit site
Galentone said:
Kids WB is airing the episodes out of order... "The Pyramid of the Invulnerable" is the fifth episode. It's going to be a real headache for people who haven't seen it in order.
Somwhat edited, do you know all of the episode numbers?

EDIT: Nevermind, looks like the TZ Schedule has me covered.

Gokou Ruri

Wielder of the dark arts.
Aug 23, 2004
Ratings
United States
li_mangaman said:
do you know all of the episode numbers?
Yep

01. House of Monsters
02. Monster Pod Under Oldmill
03. Cat in the Pot
04. The Monster Next Door
05. The Pyramid of the Invulnerable
06. Magnacat
07. Pirates Hideout
08. Terror in the Deep
09. Canned Monsters
10. Zick VS Zick

Hopefully they air the first 4 sometime...

Aug 15, 2006
Washinton
Terrible, terrible, terrible show. Or at least the first 10 minutes, I can't comment on the rest. The animation was ugly and showed all of the technical prowess of those shoe comercials that were thrown together in a weekend and that air during Saturday mornings, and the story structure was equally bad, although I didn't go beyond the first comercial break because the dialogue was beyond stilted. I suppose some of that could be blamed on the hodgepodge nature of the program, but it still stands.

Don't watch this show. Just don't. I would rather see those dinosaur mouthguard comercials, or the asswiping bears than this.

Lychii

2 pickles, 1 jar
Aug 16, 2005
Marzipan City
lychii.deviantart.com
Why would they air the fifth episode first? I watched it and had no clue what was going on or how the relationships between the characters formed. Looks like I'm going to have to find a place that sells the comic. It looks cute and like it has potential though.

Keeper

Sep 13, 2001
Ratings
Indian Hills, Nev., USA
www2.cruzio.com
Lychii said:
Why would they air the fifth episode first? I watched it and had no clue what was going on or how the relationships between the characters formed. Looks like I'm going to have to find a place that sells the comic. It looks cute and like it has potential though.
The website will help with some of the background. They have made English pages on it now. http://www.monsterallergy.com

Other than that, there are the pages of the comic that I translated into English in January/February 2004. See the whole thread in the link to my post which I mention above.

Gokou Ruri

Aug 23, 2004
Ratings
United States
Conan-san said:
And now that I've seen the gun he useses, I'm certain this is what MegaTen: Devil Children is to Sailor Moon's W.i.t.c.h.
He doesn't use the monsters for fighting, like in Pokemon or in Shin Megami Tensei. (At least not in the way you're suggusting)

It's more like Juniper Lee meets Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, he keeps the peace, captures the monsters then sends them to a Detention Oasis (prison)... but the comic predates them both, so *shrugs*

dth1971

Sep 19, 2003
Ratings
41 1
Inverness, IL
Monster Allergy

I notice Holly Gauthier-Frankel (voice of Fern on Arthur and voice of Sagwa the Chinese Siamese Cat) is the voice of Zick on Monster Allergy. I also noticed Arthur Holden (voice of Mr. Ratburn on Arthur) voicing some boss for Ziek's mother of some shop in a recent Monster Allergy episode.

Keeper

Sep 13, 2001
Ratings
Indian Hills, Nev., USA
www2.cruzio.com
I just re-watched episode 1 (the real episode 1), now that I have a better grasp of the series thus will have a better idea of what's going on in it.

I really can't fathom why they wouldn't let the episodes air from episode 1 in the U.S. This first episode does a good job of introducing Zick's abilities and way monsters can be captured (i.e., how one must use the correct Dombox for the type of monster being captured), plus Elena's determination to get involved.

I also realized that the episode is over 28 minutes long. This means the episodes we're seeing have 6-8 minutes cut out of them, to fit into an American half-hour network timeslot with commercials! Porca bomba!

(Episode 1 was given away on CD-ROMs in packets of cereal in Italy before the show began. Federica Giulietti sent me one last year.)

EDIT --

OK, I take that back a bit. The "Il Domatore di Mostri" episode on the CD-ROM contains parts of episodes 1 through 5 at least, judging from having just watched some of the earlier episodes (by means I can't mention of course). The parts are sort of tooled into a single episode in its own right (basically, it's a pilot). The episode 2 I just watched was in English, from a Disney Channel Asia or Disney Channel Europe broadcast. Interestingly, in it, Elena's "Porca bomba" is not the lame "Holy sneeze" we hear in the U.S broadcast, but "Holy spit!" I can see why there was some ADR done there.

Gokou Ruri

Aug 23, 2004
Ratings
United States
Keeper said:
Interestingly, in it, Elena's "Porca bomba" is not the lame "Holy sneeze" we hear in the U.S broadcast, but "Holy spit!" I can see why there was some ADR done there.
I can just see a parent walking by and Elena shouting "Holy spit" and thinking she said something else. ;)

dth1971

Sep 19, 2003
Ratings
41 1
Inverness, IL
The best episode of "Monster Allergy" for September/October? The Halloween themed "Zick VS. Zick"!

Oh, and Holly-Gauthier Frankel of Montreal, Canada (voice of Zick on "Monster Allergy"), you sure rock voicing a boy even when you aren't voicing cartoon females like Fern Walters (Arthur), babysitter Julie (Caillou), and Sagwa (Sagwa the Chinese Siamese Cat).

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

My personal synopsis: I'm not the most energetic or enthusiastic person you'll ever meet, but that doesn't mean I can't have fun. Generally, I'm pretty introverted and usually play video games, watch anime, and also study in the field of IT. I'm a huge music fanatic, as well. And I listen to pretty much everything except country. My favorites being trap, jazz, and metal.
anyone else surprised that new Paw Patrol one hour special are now Nick's #1 most watched premieres in 2018 so far?
I just saw The Grinch in IMAX, it was great!
Iron Man: Armored Adventures is one of the most thrilling cartoons ever made.
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Hey Lady Lucario! Long time no see! How is life treating ya?