Kids Choice Awards 2016 Discussion

Mr. Daniel

Back (but just occasionally)
imgres.jpg

With the event coming out on March 12th (A month from now). I've decided to make a thread for the awards ceremony. Anything KCA can be discussed here.

kanc

I've heard that TeenNick and Nicktoons will be simuclasting Kids Choice Awards 2016 based on ad.

Favorite Movie, Favorite Cartoon has 8 nominations, while the rest of the categories have 6 nominations.

Let's talk about favorite cartoons:
ALVINNN!!! and The Chipmunks
Gravity Falls
Ninjago
Phineas & Ferb
SpongeBob SquarePants
Steven Universe
Teen Titans Go!
The Amazing World of Gumball

I found it odd that Alvin has been nominated as well as SpongeBob. As someone made a thread already, SpongeBob would automatically be the best cartoon. Fairly OddParents nor TMNT haven't been nominated.

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
I wonder why they nominated Phineas and Ferb considering that most people haven't noticed the show since it moved to DXD.

Not to mention that they only premiered two episodes last year, one of which was a spin-off pilot.

kanc

Hello? OK how do you think KCA would do ratings-wise? Would it go up or down in ratings? I think it could go down because the change of guidance to PG and it may seem that not younger kids or older kids or any adults could watch KCA.

Aparent

Hello? OK how do you think KCA would do ratings-wise? Would it go up or down in ratings? I think it could go down because the change of guidance to PG and it may seem that not younger kids or older kids or any adults could watch KCA.
I don't think kids care about that factor. Younger and older kids watch CN and a lot of their shows are rated PG

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
I've heard that TeenNick and Nicktoons will be simuclasting Kids Choice Awards 2016 based on ad.

Favorite Movie, Favorite Cartoon has 8 nominations, while the rest of the categories have 6 nominations.

Let's talk about favorite cartoons:
ALVINNN!!! and The Chipmunks
Gravity Falls
Ninjago
Phineas & Ferb
SpongeBob SquarePants
Steven Universe
Teen Titans Go!
The Amazing World of Gumball

I found it odd that Alvin has been nominated as well as SpongeBob. As someone made a thread already, SpongeBob would automatically be the best cartoon. Fairly OddParents nor TMNT haven't been nominated.

I can live with THAT result - too bad Star Vs. nor Wander Over Yonder are on here - that would make things feel less... Rigged around here. Also, no love for Harvey Beaks (at the most)?! Ugh...

Mikurotoro92

Banned
i hope this year SBSP doesn't win best cartoon! there's so many other good choices like GF!

also do you want even more proof the KCA's are rigged? not only is SBSP nominated for best cartoon but the 3ds video game is also nominated alongside games like super mario maker & minecraft:story mode! (see for yourself at www.nick.com/kca!) that PROVES the KCA's are rigged! what nick it's not enough to have your flagship show nominated for best cartoon you have to have the 3ds video game nominated too when that slot should have been used for some non-nick related non-licensed game!

I can live with THAT result - too bad Star Vs. nor Wander Over Yonder are on here - that would make things feel less... Rigged around here. Also, no love for Harvey Beaks (at the most)?! Ugh...

even if they were nominated they still wouldn't win!

Last edited:

Freav

BeakFreav
I agree with what you said here and I think that these awards are pretty ridiculous and as some would say, "rigged" but I thought that you disliked Star Vs.

Mr. Daniel

Back (but just occasionally)
also do you want even more proof the KCA's are rigged? not only is SBSP nominated for best cartoon but the 3ds video game is also nominated alongside games like super mario maker & minecraft:story mode! (see for yourself at www.nick.com/kca!) that PROVES the KCA's are rigged!

I said this before and I will say it again. Those are the only two sections that are "rigged." Along with Favorite Book (Diary of a Wimpy Kid wins every time I think, and Harry Potter? that series ended almost ten years ago!) Everything else is probably voted by kids.

Last edited:

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
I agree with what you said here and I think that these awards are pretty ridiculous and as some would say, "rigged" but I thought that you disliked Star Vs.

Yeah, I don't like that show (same with Phineas and Ferb)... but I'm sure there are a lot kids who do like it more than some of the choices on that list.

Last edited:

shamir ejaz

I missed the beginning of the red carpet part of kids choice awards I believe it started 6pm pacific time in my area can anyone tell me what I missed at the start of the event.

InvaderWeezle

Pathetic! Not only did SpongeBob win AGAIN, but they didn't even announce its victory proper, resorting to quickly mentioning it in a COMMERCIAL.

jaylop97

Staff member
Pathetic! Not only did SpongeBob win AGAIN, but they didn't even announce its victory proper, resorting to quickly mentioning it in a COMMERCIAL.
And once again Spongebob just threw on the possibility of Nick rigging the votes, because it is just ridiculous to see it win again considering Disney and CN having even stiff competition.

InvaderWeezle

And once again Spongebob just threw on the possibility of Nick rigging the votes, because it is just ridiculous to see it win again considering Disney and CN having even stiff competition.

The only way I could see it NOT being rigged would be as if Gravity Falls and Steven Universe split the opposition vote too much, and therefore allowing SpongeBob to win. For example, let's say 40% of people voted for SpongeBob. 60% would have originally voted for either GF or SU, but with both options being there, it cause both to only receive 30% of votes, so SpongeBob won 40-30-30.

Lord Hater

Retired
Favorite Cooking Show
Cake Boss
I'm surprised that kids would be watching anything on the Discovery channels.

Overall, I expected SpongeBob to win but I'm happy that The Big Bang Theory, Modern Family, Inside Out, and Star Wars: The Force Awakens won.

shamir ejaz

Anyone here who saw the pre kids choice awards I want to know how it started and what were all the segments that were shown during commercials. It started at 6pm pacific time on nickelodeon.

I figured that SpongeBob would win but, the show really didn't get a blimp. Only execption was when Tom Kenny and Bill Fagerbakke accepted the award last year. The only way if the show didn't win really if the show ended, but that won't probably be until the end of the decade. I hope.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts