"Justice Society: World War II" Animated Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
Do any of the interviews mention what the precise source material is? Figured I would take a look since I tried to do so for all the other entries. Or is this a wholly original project with some nods to what has been depicted with the JSA throughout their earlier runs?

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Do any of the interviews mention what the precise source material is? Figured I would take a look since I tried to do so for all the other entries. Or is the a wholly original project with some nods to what has been depicted with the JSA throughout their earlier runs?
I think it's adapting the spirit of the Golden Age comics, particularly with the JSA.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Yes, this doesn't seem to be based on any particular story from the comics. The initial announcement also called it an original movie, I think. It's basically a World War II story with some DC Comics heroes and time-travel themes thrown into it. Elements from the comics are probably going to be in this, but it's not a direct adaptation of anything from what I can tell.

Frontier

Staff member
Yes, this doesn't seem to be based on any particular story from the comics. The initial announcement also called it an original movie, I think. It's basically a World War II story with some DC Comics heroes and time-travel themes thrown into it. Elements from the comics are probably going to be in this, but it's not a direct adaptation of anything from what I can tell.
All we're missing is a Sgt. Rock cameo :p.

Otaku-sempai

Here's a question: Did Barry just time-travel into the past? Or might he have also crossed the dimensional barrier between Earth-1 and Earth-2? That might solve the potential time-travel paradox he would otherwise be facing.

Frontier

Staff member
Here's a question: Did Barry just time-travel into the past? Or might he have also crossed the dimensional barrier between Earth-1 and Earth-2? That might solve the potential time-travel paradox he would otherwise be facing.
I would assume it's normal time travel given we'll likely see the repercussions of his actions in the past on his present-day.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Plus, Butch Lukic isn't the kind of guy that wouldn't want to over-complicate things. They already got WW II, the JSA, Aquaman, and Flash time traveling by mistake.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
I thought the dead giveaway was in one of the clips.
Barry Allen said he's "never seen this many heroes working together."
Unless he developed amnesia from jumping dimensions, his future/earth doesn't even have an established Justice [insert team designation].

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts