"Justice Society: World War II" Animated Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
The description in the trailer says the release dates are April 20 on digital and May 4 on Blu Ray.

Screenshot_20210204-135627.png

Last edited by a moderator:

colomb

I wonder if Hawkgirl will just be a deceased character that appears in a flashback, perhaps a minor cameo in Barry's time, or having a significant role in a future feature.

Spider-Man

After being let down by the animation in Batman: Soul of the Dragon I'm glad to see that it looks to be back up with this one. I really hope this one sells well because it would be great to see more titles in this vein. I still can't believe they called it just Justice Society: World War II and not something like Wonder Woman and the Justice Society or Flash: Justice Society or something. Thanks for the info, Jim!

the greenman

After being let down by the animation in Batman: Soul of the Dragon I'm glad to see that it looks to be back up with this one. I really hope this one sells well because it would be great to see more titles in this vein. I still can't believe they called it just Justice Society: World War II and not something like Wonder Woman and the Justice Society or Flash: Justice Society or something. Thanks for the info, Jim!
You could say DC is learning about the fandom. That we don't need the big names. The DC Famdome I think also proved this.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
We only recently got a second animated solo movie for Wonder Woman. What has been lacking is a Wonder Woman-led animated series.
We're gonna be on hold for this for quite a while more, imhobservation.
I thought SuperHero Girls at least filled that void.
Here's to hoping Wondergirl & Amazons expands enough of the lore and interest for someone to pitch something to WBA.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
We only recently got a second animated solo movie for Wonder Woman. What has been lacking is a Wonder Woman-led animated series.
A solo Wonder Woman animated series focused on her and her mythos right? Since DC Super Hero Girls could be construed as a "Wonder Woman-led animated series." I digress but HBO Max is pretty perceptive to suggestions. You can tweet an idea to them @HBOMaxHelp and fill out a simple form at their site.

Dallas Kinard

I hope it's DCAU if we ever get one. Susan needs her own series. Maybe have it set after JLU and the final season could bleed into the Beyond years since we know she's still active with the JL by the 2040s (see Future Shock).

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

WBD announces a Meerkat Manor animated film. In other news, the world suddenly remembers Meerkat Manor exists.
Today marks the 5th Year Anniversary of when the HD Double Pack of Final Fantasy X & X-2 was released on the Nintendo Switch in North America. It was nice to be able to play my favorite Final Fantasy game on a Nintendo system.
Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)

Featured Posts