"Justice Society: World War II" Animated Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
True, we don't even know if the story is set in one year or if it skips around. Like Frontier said, could be a young and old Jay. Or hmm, maybe there's a timeskip coda for the ending with the Flash family. Flash, Iris, and even Aquaman, imo, being in the credits was a definite surprise.

Halstead vs. the JSA were some let's say interesting conflicts in the comics...lol.
I didn't even know there was a Golden Age Psycho-Pirate, but that explains why he's in this :p.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I didn't even know there was a Golden Age Psycho-Pirate, but that explains why he's in this :p.
But also in the back of my mind, if anyone can contribute to the Red Scare in the DCU timeline, post WWII, it's a Psycho Pirate...

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I do wonder if they'll address the demand for the JSA to reveal themselves after WWII ended...
I suppose we might get a hint of how much time the movie entails in the sneak peak with Soul of the Dragon releases. And of course, I'd bet Jim Krieg will be dressed as a soldier or a general for it.

-batmat-

I like the different art style, but there's something very odd looking about Wonder Woman's head in that image. Hopefully it's just that image. We'll have to wait and see!

Frontier

Staff member
I like the different art style, but there's something very odd looking about Wonder Woman's head in that image. Hopefully it's just that image. We'll have to wait and see!
I think they're trying to give Diana her Golden Age 'do but the wind is kind of blowing it in a weird way :sweat:.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
WB has officially announced the cast - and shared an image - via an exclusive The Hollywood Reporter update. Click here for complete details!

Well, this is impressive.
When you go from playing Weather Wizard and Captain Boomerang to Aquaman...although I'm not really sure where Aquaman fits into this. He doesn't really have anything to do with the JSA. Maybe we get a short Flash and Aquaman team-up :confused:?
Well, he was introduced in the Golden Age, so...

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I think they're trying to give Diana her Golden Age 'do but the wind is kind of blowing it in a weird way :sweat:.
It does look like they're doing the 'group walk towards screen hero shot' so it could have been grabbed without any realization Wonder Woman was looking off in the frame chosen. Looks like they're going for the Golden Age look from the comics with the poof.

And upon further scrutiny, it looks like this Wonder Woman's arm was the one on the spine of the Man of Tomorrow Blu-ray cases. That just leaves Brainiac.

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Looks pretty good so far. The art-style does look similar to Superman Man of Tomorrow (and kind of like Deathstroke Knights & Dragons, too I guess) but I doubt it is really in-continuity with either of them.

It's cool this is really a JSA movie, with Wonder Woman also playing a major role apparently. The team roster announced so far is good, I presume there might be more cameos or something from other heroes spread throughout the movie.

The cast also sounds pretty great to me. I'm not too familiar with some of the names involved with the project but the ones I know, should be good in their roles. With the crew announced it does seem like this is in good hands. Looking forward to learning more about the movie in the coming weeks or months.

Frontier

Staff member
Having said what I said about no hard continuity...I can't get it out of my head that they might do solo movies for Matt Bomer's Flash or Liam McIntyre's Aquaman :p.
And upon further scrutiny, it looks like this Wonder Woman's arm was the one on the spine of the Man of Tomorrow Blu-ray cases. That just leaves Brainiac.
I'm not unconvinced that they didn't cut a Brainiac tease in Man of Tomorrow so as to not indicate a sequel they weren't sure they'd make.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I put up the case spines of Man of Tomorrow and Soul of the Dragon next to each other, and definitely a match for this movie's Wonder Woman.
DianaJSAWW2.jpg

Frontier

Staff member
I put up the case spines of Man of Tomorrow and Soul of the Dragon next to each other, and definitely a match for this movie's Wonder Woman.
View attachment 285315
So Lukic films get advertised even on non-Lukic films :p.

Shame the next film doesn't have her name in the title to close out the Trinity...although of course the JSA deserve top billing ;).

I'm glad she's sporting the Lasso instead of the sword and shield :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.

Featured Posts