"Justice Society: World War II" Animated Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Classic Speedy

Yup.
Staff member
Reporter
Not that this is the first instance of this, but you can tell studios are trying to wean people off physical. You get to watch this two weeks early if you buy on digital. I'm still planning to buy physical but... yeah.

khuddle

This has been WHV's pattern for a few years now regarding Digital debuting first. Blu-Rays and DVDs aren't going anywhere. There will always be a market for physical releases, even if it's smaller than it used to be.

I was thinking about it this morning: there is continued release of the hardware, TVs that are Blu Ray and 4K capable. So you're going to need the "software" to play on them ie. Blu Rays and 4K discs. So I could see DVDs being phased out over time, but BRs and 4K will probably last a lot longer.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
They have also re-used character designs for minor roles in the past (I recall Wonder Girl from Young Justice showed up a couple of times in I think Throne of Atlantis and the Vixen movie). So if we see a Man of Tomorrow Clark Kent or Lois Lane in the background in this movie, it might only be a coincidence. :p

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
There's no Justice League yet in Man of Tomorrow. There is a Superman since Man of Tomorrow.
So, easy deduction there.

Would be needlessly contrived if this is just some other canon that Flash is in that happened to meet those conditions. Not suggesting those MoT characters are suddenly going to cameo in to spell out, "it's connected."

Otaku-sempai

Not that this is the first instance of this, but you can tell studios are trying to wean people off physical. You get to watch this two weeks early if you buy on digital. I'm still planning to buy physical but... yeah.
SuperPRGuy Gary Mieraanu tweeted:
Seeing lots of misinformed banter about physical sales of Blu-rays/DVDs being eliminated at Warner Bros. next year.

:>: Think again.:<:

Please read this story for the reality ... because it officially addresses the next 10 years: Universal & Warner Bros. Form Home Entertainment Joint Venture
The new domestic j.v., which is subject to regulatory approval, will distribute Blu-ray, DVD and 4K UHD for new releases, library titles and television content in U.S. and Canada and combine sales, retail marketing and distribution ops for both majors. Leadership from Universal and Warner Bros. will be involved in this new partnership and be presided over by industry veteran Eddie Cunningham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

happy 20th anniversary to the movie that is Shrek
Shrek came out on this day 20 years ago.
It appears showbuzzdaily ratings are having some issues.... Im hoping it will later then be restored for ratings.

I have a confession to make. I have never seen the original Teen Titans.
Who will end first the Simpsons or SpongeBob?

Featured Posts