"Justice Society: World War II" Animated Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Not to get too much off-topic here but I thought the general rule was they would announce next year's movies closer to the release of the 3rd movie in a certain year (so with The Long Halloween Part 1).

As for Hourman, this does seem like it's going to be his biggest animated role so far. Previously he only briefly appeared on JLU and Batman: The Brave & The Bold, plus some cameos in Justice League: The New Frontier. I don't think there's really that much to talk about him so far, not enough for a retrospective anyway. :p

EDIT:
Another interview with Jeff Wamester.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
As for Hourman, this does seem like it's going to be his biggest animated role so far. Previously he only briefly appeared on JLU and Batman: The Brave & The Bold, plus some cameos in Justice League: The New Frontier. I don't think there's really that much to talk about him so far, not enough for a retrospective anyway. :p
He had even more of a cameo in New Frontier than he did in the comic. I don't think they actually showed in the movie that the government faked his death and had him locked up.

Frontier

Staff member
They're not promoting this movie like Soul of the Dragon but I'm happy to see the cast and crew making the rounds for strong press coverage :).

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
04/12:
I think there's still time, if I remember correctly they started posting those short featurettes for the main characters of Soul of the Dragon a week before the movie was released. But this time they would have more characters to spotlight, if they tried the same approach.

EDIT:
Another interview with Butch Lukic.

04/13:
More interviews with Jeff Wamester and with Chris Diamantopoulos.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Boy its going to be tough to top this version of Wonder Woman. I'm loving every aspect of her -- the new hair design, the Eastern European accent, her blistering new fighting style. Really inspired.
I appreciate the evoking of the Golden Age hairstyle and the accent, even if Russian Wonder Woman is kind of surreal :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.

Featured Posts