"Justice Society: World War II" Animated Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Frontier

Staff member
Wow, I was always hoping we'd get an animated film based around the Justice Society, but I never thought we'd actually see it :D.

I'm actually wondering if they might use this as a Wonder Woman vehicle along with the JSA. DC corporate have started pushing Diana as having started around WWII as a her main origin and she was rumored to be part of a JSA book set in that era :confused:.

Looking forward to who the roster will be. Hopefully the classics like Alan, Jay, Ted, and Carter will make it in :cool:.

Frontier

Staff member
It was also implied Matt Bomer might have a voice role in the movie.
I wonder if he's playing Alan Scott. It seems like the comics are leaning into the classic version of Alan having been a closeted gay man...of course, Matt Bomer's already played that role in a DC production so he might not want to repeat himself :p.
Wow... this was a surprise. A deep pull that might be a bit of a gamble for WB from a marketing perspective.

I fully expect to see Wonder Woman playing a big role in this one.
I would not be surprised if they're using this film to get around the fact that Wonder Woman's solo films haven't sold so well, so instead they'll make her a lead of another property :).

Otaku-sempai

I would not be surprised if they're using this film to get around the fact that Wonder Woman's solo films haven't sold so well, so instead they'll make her a lead of another property :).
Let's wait and see if Diana is actually in this movie. I'm skeptical, though I can see how it could work using the example of Justice League: The New Frontier. This could conceivably even function as a prequel to The New Frontier.

Mostezli

Not 4 Everyone & That's OK
I wonder if the Stargirl show helped get this made.
Think it has more to do with, like Suicide Squad, they're getting the silver screen treatment via Black Adam (and I think The Rock just hinted that the JSA are going to be the new main DCEU team).
JL Dark, on the other hand for all the exposure they got like no other team of characters, are going straight to streaming.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Wow, obviously this was the biggest surprise in the 2021 slate. It's definitely the one I'm looking the most forward to. Should be in good hands since Butch Lukic is a World War II aficionado. I think it's a lock there will be War Wheels. :D

Frontier

Staff member
I wonder if the Stargirl show helped get this made.
Think it has more to do with, like Suicide Squad, they're getting the silver screen treatment via Black Adam (and I think The Rock just hinted that the JSA are going to be the new main DCEU team).
JL Dark, on the other hand for all the exposure they got like no other team of characters, are going straight to streaming.
I think it's likely a mix of the positive reception to Stargirl as well as the JSA's role in Black Adam :).
Wow, obviously this was the biggest surprise in the 2021 slate. It's definitely the one I'm looking the most forward to. Should be in good hands since Butch Lukic is a World War II aficionado. I think it's a lock there will be War Wheels. :D
Sgt Rock appearance or bust ;).

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy 10th anniversary Tangled.

Jada Pinkett Smith's new animated short "Cops and Robbers" nearly ended up on Nick rather than Netflix Jada Pinkett Smith on Police Brutality and Animated Short ‘Cops and Robbers’ (EXCLUSIVE)
What's up with Mattel's fondness with Scare Glow in new Masters of the Universe merchandise? Maybe because he's a FREAKING SKELETON THAT GLOWS IN THE DARK, which is more toyetic than a guy with just a skull for a face, like Skeletor.
I'm the only one here to have a merman as an avatar.