Justice League -vs- X-Men ('Fox Kids' Version)

• Enter to win two tickets to Whisper of the Heart. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

GL2k2

Savage Dragon
Jan 13, 2002
The Savage World
Visit site
Justice League -vs- X-Men(FOXKIDS)

I was watching a tape of the original Fox episodes of X-Men, which I found to be better than Justice League. Y'know, it wasn't unitl I watch it now that it was designed more like the comics. They followed the comics to the tee and they had more characterization and continuity with the series than Justice League has yet to produce.

Alright, the animation was lacking heavily on the show, but this was before the computer background craze. I still prefer this series to the stupid teen angst of X-Men: Evolution.

Naraht

Well...KidsWB for a while now has been on a "kid" kick...
there has to be atleast one, perferably more than one, young hero...and the show must revolve around them. The Mummy? Kid.
Cubix? Kids. Static Shock? Kids. The new Osmosis Jones spin off? Kid Body.

Heck, BB came about cause the WB wanted to do a smallville-esk, Young Bruce Wayne/Batman show...fortunatly we got BB rather than that.

The Fox Kids version wasn't kiddiefied...and stole alot from the comics...of diffrent eras...

The problem there is that the comics are so convoluted, that the stories Fox was showing intertwined oddly...

You had to be a big comics fan to truely get into the characters.

GL2k2

Savage Dragon
Jan 13, 2002
The Savage World
Visit site
Maybe that's why I liked it. Cause I actually grew up reading the comics. But I read a few Justice Leagues in my short life, and I'll tell ya, the cartoon does not measure up. Also, does anyone know where to find that Super Powers cartoon series that aired on ABC way back.

Alpha Flight

Creator of the Mid-Night Detectives comic series.
Dec 15, 2001
North America
I'm glad that you mentioned the "Super Powers" Series because I remember watching that as a kid and I thought that it was the same as "Super Friends." I thought I was losing my mind when I watched "Super Friends" later on. Cartoon Network should of aired "Super Powers" before "Super Friends." It was a much better show and it wasn't so cheasy. I was struggling to kind of the DC JLA serie's name. I didn't think that it was the same series as "Super Friends" and when I think about I remember buying a Green Lantern doll with Super Powers writin on the package. Super Powers should have a Saturday morning marathon even if it's just for a day.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

FXX is now starting The Simpsons back at episode 1 for the first time since January, now we'll see if "Stark Raving Dad" will actually be skipped

*UPDATE: Yep, it's being skipped next Monday.
So... Universal Kids is really airing Totally Spies. This makes it the third network in the US to broadcast it. First was Fox/ABC Family, followed by Cartoon Network after ABC Family made it clear that they didn't want to air cartoons that weren't Jetix(or its prototype), and eventually family programming in general(outside of the holidays). I don't know how to feel.
One of the games on Camp Nick is kinda similar to Crystal Maze, which it will later then air on Nickelodeon in future
Me: Oh DARN. I can't believe I'm going to miss the LIVE premiere of Amphibia at 10 because of a stupid doctor's appointment!
*At 9:30, doctor's office calls*
Receptionist: Your appointment has been cancelled. You'll have to reschedule.
Me: :D *gleefully sings Hallelujah from Handel's Messiah*
Just noticed the MTV Movies & TV Awards will be airing on Nick at Nite, they add more networks to simulcast it every year.