"Justice League vs. The Fatal Five" Animated Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Press details for Justice League vs The Fatal Five are available at The World's Finest! Justice League vs. The Fatal Five arrives March 30, 2019 on Digital, April 16 on 4K and Blu-ray! Bonus features include featurettes, a commentary, a preview of Batman: Hush, bonus episodes and more!

Frontier

Staff member
Couldn't quite put my finger on something in the trailer until now. The Green Lantern Central Power Battery, seen at the 1:07 mark in the trailer. It's the design from the Green Lantern: First Flight and Emerald Knight movies. Pretty funny someone remembered that design to use in this one.
Hopefully that means some cameos from the other GL's :).
Looks like Kevin Conroy announced the release dates - March 30th for Digital, April 16th for Blu-Ray/4K. I presume there will be an official press release later on as well.
I wonder if this means we can probably expect Batman: Hush around July?

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I’m pretty sure it was his personal assistant. lol
I think it was my personal assistant's personal assistant that responded. ;)

There should be a fair amount of support for this title as we get closer to release date, and I imagine certain questions about its placement and continuity will be addressed.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I'd guess Timm and most of them are introverts and having to go out into the public sphere and be front and center at all these conventions and screenings wasn't something they could have predicted happening when they started their careers. It's not necessarily that they don't want to be there but it feels... odd. (Boy is this really what we're talking about now?)

b.t.

I'd guess Timm and most of them are introverts and having to go out into the public sphere and be front and center at all these conventions and screenings wasn't something they could have predicted happening when they started their careers. It's not necessarily that they don't want to be there but it feels... odd.

THIS.

One example:

About ten years ago, at NY Comic Con, Darwyn Cooke and I were having a smoke break out front, and discussing this very issue, about how weird it was to be “famous”. We were both having one of those days when we’d tried to just take a few minutes to walk the floor, say hi to some friends, maybe buy some back issues or nerd knicknacks or whatever, and couldn’t go twenty feet without a fan asking for an autograph or a selfie. Darwyn said “When I was a kid, yeah, I wanted to be a famous comics artist when I grew up, but that meant I wanted people to love my ART, not yell my name at me when I pass by.” And I said “Right — when we were kids, we had no idea what any of our favorite artists actually LOOKED like. But these days, with the internet and those ‘behind the scenes’ things on the DVDs...”

As we were talking, swear to God, this guy comes over to us and says to me, “Uh, Mr. Timm, I’m sorry to bother you but I wonder if I could get your autograph — (suddenly sees who I’m talking to) — OH MY GOD, DARWYN COOKE ?!!” Darwyn and I just looked at each other like “SEE?”

It’s a “First World Problem” for sure — and I’m sincerely grateful that people enjoy my various works and do appreciate their enthusiasm.
But sometimes...

#TeamMike

I honestly do wonder why B.T. is so grumpy. I mean doesn't he realize how loved he is???

Maybe this isn't the place to say it, but since the Killing Joke and especially Batman and Harley Quinn came out, @b.t. has been constantly crapped on the internet. Even to the point where people try to discredit him for his past works.

It sucks and I try to defend Timm, but it's like people have just hopped on a hate bandwagon.

Last edited:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
THIS.

One example:

About ten years ago, at NY Comic Con, Darwyn Cooke and I were having a smoke break out front, and discussing this very issue, about how weird it was to be “famous”. We were both having one of those days when we’d tried to just take a few minutes to walk the floor, say hi to some friends, maybe buy some back issues or nerd knicknacks or whatever, and couldn’t go twenty feet without a fan asking for an autograph or a selfie. Darwyn said “When I was a kid, yeah, I wanted to be a famous comics artist when I grew up, but that meant I wanted people to love my ART, not yell my name at me when I pass by.” And I said “Right — when we were kids, we had no idea what any of our favorite artists actually LOOKED like. But these days, with the internet and those ‘behind the scenes’ things on the DVDs...”

As we were talking, swear to God, this guy comes over to us and says to me, “Uh, Mr. Timm, I’m sorry to bother you but I wonder if I could get your autograph — (suddenly sees who I’m talking to) — OH MY GOD, DARWYN COOKE ?!!” Darwyn and I just looked at each other like “SEE?”

It’s a “First World Problem” for sure — and I’m sincerely grateful that people enjoy my various works and do appreciate their enthusiasm.
But sometimes...
To be honest, b.t., I don't follow conventions or things like that, but you seem perfectly well-put together and friendly on the interviews in the DVD's. I don't judge anyone for feeling uncomfortable around strangers. I'm an Aspie and I get that. It also must be super annoying that every person you meet treats you like your new best friend. That must drive you up the wall. If I ever become a famous cartoonist, and Gilda and Meek turn into a thing, I'm never going to conventions or the like. I've never even posted a photo of myself online or in any forum I go to. That is how seriously I take my privacy. And I'm just a freaking amateur. Somebody with real talent like you, must be driven up the walls. But you never give off that vibe to me either on this forum or in any interviews I've seen. That's about as close to you as I want to get because I understand how uncomfortable this entire fandom thing is for a lot of people (me included).
Maybe this isn't the place to say it, but since the Killing Joke and especially Batman and Harley Quinn came out, @b.t. has been constantly crapped on the internet. Even to the point where people try to discredit him for his past works.
This statement is partly true. Bruce Timm has done amazing things in the past that can never be taken away from him. I also agree that Batman and Harley Quinn has its charms. But as far as The Killing Joke goes, the criticism is legit. If you make a shocking, offensive, or controversial movie, don't be surprised if people's reactions are shocked or offended. Bruce and Barb sleeping together was certainly designed to raise eyebrows and start a fuss. I can't blame any fans for giving him that. Talk about being careful what you wish for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts