"Justice League vs. The Fatal Five" Animated Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iammattie

I am 99% sure this isn't DCAU. It's not the first time they've used the old voice cast for some of the DTV movies. Besides which, aside from homages, I don't think Timm has actually expressed interest in revisiting the DCAU.

Though I'm sure the folks at Watchtower Database will make some convoluted video about JL vs The Fatal Five being connected ;)
I jest, I jest

Speaking of, we were gonna drop a speculation video on Sunday and then the casting news came out last night, so we decided to edit and put it out before they dropped anything more on us

Frontier

Staff member
This almost seems like more of an all-ages, Trapped in Time, type story then something in-line with the other Animated Feature films, at least with their recent tone and style. Although that's just going off the plot synopsis :ack:.

It kind of makes me hope they handle the mature themes and content tastefully in this film...

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
For those curious, the Justice League vs The Fatal Five preview available with Reign of the Supermen does not specifically say if the movie does or does not take place in DCAU continuity. That said, the line-up will feature some new faces on the team working alongside Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman, including Miss Martian. Mr. Terrific will also have a prominent role in the movie. Be sure to check out the preview when you pick up Reign of the Supermen!

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
And a reminder, just in case - while discussing the contents of the Sneak Peek is allowed, please do not link to or post any illegally uploaded copies of the video. Unless it's shared by an official channel (i.e. Warner Bros. On Demand, DC Universe, etc.), it must not be posted here.

Dallas Kinard

I know some people are thirsty for new DCAU content, but if we ever do get a real #JLU reunion, they'll certainly make a big splash about it. That's pretty much the only way I see the DCAU coming back, at least for one more DTV.

I'm sorta hoping this is a loose sequel to JL: Gods and Monsters and then the next one will be where the two JL's crossover.

#TeamMike

I just saw a still for Justice League vs Fatal Five. The characters and artsyle look straight out of JLU, so maybe this is a DCAU film?

Huh. Is this supposed to be the #JL Reunion everyone was clamoring about?

Speaking of which, where the heck is Supergirl? I'm confused.:eek:

Last edited:

Lonewolf36

I doubt it will ever be made clear like Batman and Harley Quinn some consider it DCAU, me as well, while others state it's a stand alone film. Unless it has something specific to keep it out it will most likely be considered by most to be DCAU.

Frontier

Staff member
Yeah, I think this is another case of them using the DCAU designs and not worrying too much about the continuity :p.

Also someone who saw the sneak peek said the staff is:
  • Producer - Bruce Timm
  • Screenwriter - Eric Carrasco, Jim Krieg
  • Director - Sam Liu

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Also someone who saw the sneak peek said the staff is:
  • Producer - Bruce Timm
  • Screenwriter - Eric Carrasco, Jim Krieg
  • Director - Sam Liu
The only one I'm surprised to see there is Carrasco. Good on him moving on up to the DTVs.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
With Eric Carrasco involved, I will presume Supergirl will still appear in the movie and they're just keeping it a secret for now. :p

But I liked his work on Justice League Action and it's cool he gets to work some more with these characters in animation.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I haven't seen his work on Supergirl, but he was good on Justice League Action. Also, Jim Krieg is definitely quite busy. No complaints there.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
I've seen this image making rounds on the comic book websites.
justice-league-vs-fatal-five-animation.jpg

WebMasterSage

Obey the Pecking Order.
I've seen this image making rounds on the comic book websites.
justice-league-vs-fatal-five-animation.jpg
I can't help it but this seems like a nice basis for a fanart of a Sailor Moon/DC Crossover. Pretty much having the big three and Mr. Terrific still there along with the inner Sailor Guardians (Moon, Mercury, Mars, Jupiter & Venus) witnessing something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts