"Justice League vs. The Fatal Five" Animated Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
So, we have the Justice League with Kevin Conroy, Susan Eisenberg and George Newbern as Batman, Wonder Woman and Superman, respectively. Also, Diane Guerrero as Jessica Cruz/Green, Daniela Bobadilla as Miss Martian and Kevin Michael Richardson as Mr. Terrific.

The Legion of Super-Heroes is represented by Elyes Gabel as Thomas Kallor/Star Boy, Noel Fisher as Brainiac 5 and Tara Strong as Saturn Girl.

And the Fatal Five are Peter Jessop as Thorak, Tom Kenny as Bloodsport, Matthew Yang King as The Persuader, Sumalee Montano as Emerald Empress and Philip Anthony Rodriguez as Mano.

Not exactly a full-out DCAU reunion, but this will have to do. The cast looks good to me though I am not familiar with all the actors. Still, I am looking forward to this. Looks like it could be fun.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member

Its casting time.

Edit: Diane Guerrero voices Vestia on Elena Of Avalor, showing her voice acting skills.
I guess it's not the full-on Justice League reunion people were hoping for, but we've got the DCAU Trinity back which is cool enough :anime:.

It seems like it's set to be a pretty fun and action-packed movie. We've got the Justice League, the Legion, the Fatal Five, and Jessica Cruz :cool:.

It's cool to see Jessica in her first Animated Feature Film appearance, and being so central to the plot. It's kind of weird to see her with short hair and without her mask, but it looks like they based her design after the concept art for her Rebirth costume. I think Diane Guererro should be a good fit for the role ;).

Mr. Terrific is a great addition to the cast. I hope he gets plenty to do in the film :D.

Ms. Martian is a nice surprise. I wonder if she's in there for a younger character for Jessica to relate to or for someone to fill in for her Uncle J'onn :)?

The Fatal Five's VA's all seem like they fit well with their roles. I'm kind of wondering who'll do Validus' grunts...

Bloodsport seems kind of random, but I guess he'll just be a one-off bad guy who the heroes (probably Jessica) will take off during an establishing fight. I'm guessing Tom Kenney will do something similar to his Deadshot voice.

I'm glad the Legion will have a strong presence in the film, and Star Boy being in a leading role is pretty cool :proud:.

Tara Strong continues her quest to voice every major female character in the DC Universe, with her now voicing Saturn Girl :p.

WebMasterSage

Obey the Pecking Order.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Hmm. So I guess Cruz could be connected to the origin of the Emerald Eye or powering it up further - like maybe in his story, Cruz was the one to separate the beast and hid the remains across the galaxy and only her presence can unlock them so the FF go into the past to bring a younger version of Cruz to bypass the security measures.

I wonder if there will be any additional voices?
If you look at past cast announcements vs. the end credits of the movie, the answer is "likely."

Frontier

Staff member
Hmm. So I guess Cruz could be connected to the origin of the Emerald Eye or powering it up further - like maybe in his story, Cruz was the one to separate the beast and hid the remains across the galaxy and only her presence can unlock them so the FF go into the past to bring a younger version of Cruz to bypass the security measures.
Now that you mention it, during the Justice League vs. Suicide Squad story in the comics, I think Jessica was able to beat or at least weaken Emerald Empress because of the connection between the GL rings and Emerald Eye of Ekron...

dmxx116

‪I hope Batman have this design in Justice League vs the Fatal Five like he used in Batman and Harley Quinn

EmaHalJordan

What I liked the most about everything I read is to know that the formation of the Justice League will change and that we will see the Legion of Superheroes.
I wonder if Jessica Cruz is because something happened with Hal Jordan during the "Reign of the Supermen", I would love it to lead to Emerald Twilight, Zero Hour, Final Night, Rebirth, Sinestro Corps War, Blackest Night ... :D
Now, it bothers me a lot to see Miss Martian and Mister Terrific in the League! Did they need a brain? Put Ray Palmer.
Love when I saw that Martian Manhunter and Hawkman joined the League and I hoped they would continue with more classic members! (Firestorm, Atom, Canary, Tornado..)

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
If this is in the DCAU, I kind of hope Supergirl will also appear. Superman will meet Braniac 5, the boy his cousin liked so much. :p

I also notice the article mentions this is supposed to come out in Spring, so I guess this is the next movie, after all.

Frontier

Staff member
‪I hope Batman have this design in Justice League vs the Fatal Five like he used in Batman and Harley Quinn

View attachment 221171
I'm curious if they'll try and match everyone's DCAU designs, although Saturn Girl seems to indicate they'll be some distinctions from old designs, and Miss Martian was never in the DCAU...

#TeamMike

I am 99% sure this isn't DCAU. It's not the first time they've used the old voice cast for some of the DTV movies. Besides which, aside from homages, I don't think Timm has actually expressed interest in revisiting the DCAU.

Though I'm sure the folks at Watchtower Database will make some convoluted video about JL vs The Fatal Five being connected ;)
I jest, I jest

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I am 99% sure this isn't DCAU. It's not the first time they've used the old voice cast for some of the DTV movies. Besides which, aside from homages, I don't think Timm has actually expressed interest in revisiting the DCAU.
I agree. I do seem to recall, as well, during press for Batman and Harley Quinn, Timm said as much that he wasn't interested in doing another anytime soon. Still, I'm intrigued. I figured he'd be playing around with Elseworlds stories for the foreseeable future. I'm still curious about the genesis of this story and why the bean counters at WB approved it other than it having "Justice League" in the title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts