"Justice League vs. The Fatal Five" Animated Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Release Date: March 30 (Digital), April 16 (4K, Blu-ray, Combo)
A "Justice League vs. The Fatal Five" animated movie was announced for Spring 2019 at the San Diego Comic-Con.
After that, in spring 2019, the Justice League returns for Justice League vs. The Fatal Five. Originally composed of supercriminals Tharok, Emerald Empress, Validus, Mano and the Persuader, the Fatal Five were first introduced in 1967 and are more commonly associated with the Legion of Super-Heroes. While they have appeared in animation before, both on Justice League Unlimited and on the Legion of Superheroes animated series, they’ve been largely dormant for a while (though Emerald Empress did play a key role in the recent JUSTICE LEAGUE VS. SUICIDE SQUAD comic book event). This is an original story, and there’s much we don’t know about it. Is it set in the future or the present day? Will the Legion appear? Which Justice Leaguers will we see? Only time will tell!
Source: DC Comics Blog

Stay tuned for further updates!
Comments?

Last edited by a moderator:

Frontier

Staff member
I think after the Wonder Woman announcement this was probably one of the bigger surprises, especially since it's not something based on an existing story (which I think lends itself to the idea that it's likely an in-continuity film) :).

I think it's nice that we'll be getting a proper Justice League film, and if it's in-continuity another film to expand on and develop this continuity's version of the League, as well as possibly throwing in the Legion for more fun :D.

In the likelihood that this is in-continuity, I'm looking forward to seeing how Bourassa redesigns the Fatal Five :cool:.

I'm curious, with the Fatal Five being connected to the Legion, if we'll see Superman take a central role once again in this film given his connection to the group ;)?

Oh, and if this is in-continuity, hopefully they can get back as many League VA's as they had for Death of Superman :p.

Dreyfus

I said in another thread I wanted more original stories, so I'm glad we're getting them with this and Wonder Woman. Sounds like some sort of time travel might be involved here. The Fatal Five aren't super popular villains, so this sounds like it could be a very unique story. Looking forward to it.

EmaHalJordan

After Wonder Woman this was the second most beautiful surprise. I do not know what it is about but hopefully we have something from the Legion of Superheroes and we can see expand this Justice League. I want to see Ray Palmer on the team, I would like to see heroes like Atom Hawkman Hawkgirl Zatanna Red Tornado Firestorm Green Arrow finally give a bigger role ...

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
I bet Tucker pushed for this one. ;)

Sounds pretty interesting and I'm sure this'll be the second in continuity title next year.

Frontier

Staff member
I'm curious if this might function like Justice League vs. Teen Titans as far as serving as a possible "pilot" for another movie, this time for the Legion :cool:?

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I was thinking the same thing. Though a title like "Justice League vs. Legion of Super-Heroes" would have attracted more people. :p

Frontier

Staff member
I was thinking the same thing. Though a title like "Justice League vs. Legion of Super-Heroes" would have attracted more people. :p
Although it also probably wouldn't roll off the tongue as well :p.

I think this will be the first time Bourassa has designed anyone from the Legion timeline, assuming this is in-continuity, so it will be pretty cool to see how he adapts their designs here :cool:.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Ideally for myself, the team opposing the Fatal Five would be made up of a few JLAers teaming up with a few time traveling Legionaires. Whatever they do, it would be cool if I saw the LOSH on screen in some way after what felt like a cartoon eternity. The last time I remember seeing any Legionaires was when Dawstar and Karate Kid were in the JLA Adventures movie. We probably see Booster Gold's stolen ring more often than actual Legionaires.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
Ideally for myself, the team opposing the Fatal Five would be made up of a few JLAers teaming up with a few time traveling Legionaires. Whatever they do, it would be cool if I saw the LOSH on screen in some way after what felt like a cartoon eternity. The last time I remember seeing any Legionaires was when Dawstar and Karate Kid were in the JLA Adventures movie. We probably see Booster Gold's stolen ring more often than actual Legionaires.

We also had Saturn Girl, Lightning Lad, and Cosmic Boy in the Lego DC Comics Super Heroes: Cosmic Clash movie, with Saturn Girl and Lightning Lad having their VA's from the Legion cartoon reprising their roles :).

It would actually be kind of cool if the story was formatted kind of like "The Lightning Saga" storyline from the comics where there are disparate members of the Legion in the present-day timeline who team-up with the Justice League :cool:.

beyond94

I love to hear actress Katie McGrath Lena Luthor herself cast as the Emerald Empress voice. It would be her animated voice acting debut and since playing evil so well since Morgana in Merlin she'd give a pretty good performance if she was offered the voice role

Attachments

• 37634817_10156582407238777_2065637424062529536_n.jpg
    37634817_10156582407238777_2065637424062529536_n.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 197
  • 5590890-emeraldempress.jpg
    5590890-emeraldempress.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 182

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
We also had Saturn Girl, Lightning Lad, and Cosmic Boy in the Lego DC Comics Super Heroes: Cosmic Clash movie, with Saturn Girl and Lightning Lad having their VA's from the Legion cartoon reprising their roles :).

It would actually be kind of cool if the story was formatted kind of like "The Lightning Saga" storyline from the comics where there are disparate members of the Legion in the present-day timeline who team-up with the Justice League :cool:.
I never got around to seeing Cosmic Clash so it's awesome to hear that they were in that one.

beyond94

If Warner Animation can't get Katie McGrath for the Emerald Empress role in the upcoming animated movie , then they could go with actress #AmyAcker from #TheGifted since she's a veteran having voiced #Huntress under Andrea Romano direction in #JusticeLeagueUnlimited. She could do villainy very well under Wes Gleason's direction

Attachments

• 3cfef6f2bacff595ca56861b36e73d48.jpg
    3cfef6f2bacff595ca56861b36e73d48.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 217

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Hmm, I wonder if this movie is sticking with the classic line up or are they going to throw in a curve ball and sub in Flare and/or Caress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts