"Justice League vs. The Fatal Five" Animated Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

• Enter to win two tickets to Whisper of the Heart. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

iammattie

Aug 11, 2012
Georgia
I am 99% sure this isn't DCAU. It's not the first time they've used the old voice cast for some of the DTV movies. Besides which, aside from homages, I don't think Timm has actually expressed interest in revisiting the DCAU.

Though I'm sure the folks at Watchtower Database will make some convoluted video about JL vs The Fatal Five being connected ;)
I jest, I jest

Speaking of, we were gonna drop a speculation video on Sunday and then the casting news came out last night, so we decided to edit and put it out before they dropped anything more on us

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
This almost seems like more of an all-ages, Trapped in Time, type story then something in-line with the other Animated Feature films, at least with their recent tone and style. Although that's just going off the plot synopsis :ack:.

It kind of makes me hope they handle the mature themes and content tastefully in this film...

Reactions: RoyalRubble

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Apr 23, 2001
Toonzone
www.worldsfinestonline.com
For those curious, the Justice League vs The Fatal Five preview available with Reign of the Supermen does not specifically say if the movie does or does not take place in DCAU continuity. That said, the line-up will feature some new faces on the team working alongside Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman, including Miss Martian. Mr. Terrific will also have a prominent role in the movie. Be sure to check out the preview when you pick up Reign of the Supermen!

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
And a reminder, just in case - while discussing the contents of the Sneak Peek is allowed, please do not link to or post any illegally uploaded copies of the video. Unless it's shared by an official channel (i.e. Warner Bros. On Demand, DC Universe, etc.), it must not be posted here.

Dallas Kinard

Apr 13, 2013
South Central Pennsylvania
I know some people are thirsty for new DCAU content, but if we ever do get a real #JLU reunion, they'll certainly make a big splash about it. That's pretty much the only way I see the DCAU coming back, at least for one more DTV.
I'm sorta hoping this is a loose sequel to JL: Gods and Monsters and then the next one will be where the two JL's crossover.

#TeamMike

Nov 24, 2018
New York
I just saw a still for Justice League vs Fatal Five. The characters and artsyle look straight out of JLU, so maybe this is a DCAU film?

Huh. Is this supposed to be the #JL Reunion everyone was clamoring about?

Speaking of which, where the heck is Supergirl? I'm confused.:eek:

Last edited:

Lonewolf36

Sep 18, 2005
I doubt it will ever be made clear like Batman and Harley Quinn some consider it DCAU, me as well, while others state it's a stand alone film. Unless it has something specific to keep it out it will most likely be considered by most to be DCAU.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Yeah, I think this is another case of them using the DCAU designs and not worrying too much about the continuity :p.

Also someone who saw the sneak peek said the staff is:
  • Producer - Bruce Timm
  • Screenwriter - Eric Carrasco, Jim Krieg
  • Director - Sam Liu

WebMasterSage

Obey the Pecking Order.
Jun 17, 2015
I've seen this image making rounds on the comic book websites.
I can't help it but this seems like a nice basis for a fanart of a Sailor Moon/DC Crossover. Pretty much having the big three and Mr. Terrific still there along with the inner Sailor Guardians (Moon, Mercury, Mars, Jupiter & Venus) witnessing something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Why are the forums all squished down to the left?
It's been about two years since I joined Toonzone/Animesuperhero. I've come a long way since my days on Fairly Odd Parents wiki.
FXX is now starting The Simpsons back at episode 1 for the first time since January, now we'll see if "Stark Raving Dad" will actually be skipped

*UPDATE: Yep, it's being skipped next Monday.
So... Universal Kids is really airing Totally Spies. This makes it the third network in the US to broadcast it. First was Fox/ABC Family, followed by Cartoon Network after ABC Family made it clear that they didn't want to air cartoons that weren't Jetix(or its prototype), and eventually family programming in general(outside of the holidays). I don't know how to feel.
One of the games on Camp Nick is kinda similar to Crystal Maze, which it will later then air on Nickelodeon in future