"Justice League vs. Teen Titans" Animated Feature News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Apr 23, 2001
Toonzone
www.worldsfinestonline.com
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment unveiled the 2016 line-up of DC Universe Animated Original Movies at the 2015 San Diego Comic-Con. Announced Friday, July 11th, 2015, the animated film Justice League Versus The Titans will hit home video in 2016!

Stay tuned for additional details and updates right here at The World's Finest!

Tentative Release Date: Spring 2016

Last edited by a moderator:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Could be an original story set in the animated New 52 canon. That's been the plan Tucker and co. have said from day one, to get to that point. They already introduced Cyborg, Nightwing, and a cameo of Starfire.

Reactions: Frontier

GWOtaku

Staff member
Reporter
Feb 21, 2003
Arlington, VA
So here I'm left wondering if the title is referencing the Teen Titans or actual mythological titans. Hmm. Bring on the synopsis for that one.

Let's say the movie is based on the New 52 and is third in line after JL War and Throne of Atlantis. Does anyone in the know have an idea about who or what the "Titans" of the title would be?

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
We already know Nightwing, Cyborg and Starfire are around in the canon... And so far, the teasers related to next movie. TFP had Boom Tube and Parademons. War had Orm. Throne has Luthor. I'm going to guess Luthor manipulates a battle royale to weaken public support of the Justice League while continuing to collect villains for his team. Maybe Cyborg crosses the line and sides with the Titans even?

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
When I read the title, I first assumed that we'd see the Justice League pitted against the Teen Titans and properly introduce them to the New 52 animated canon (we really need a better name for this continuity!). Which would correlate with the complaints from the old shows VA's about being replaced, if it's their characters appearing as the Titans.

We've also had hints about the possibility of a Titans team existing, with Starfire and Nightwing's relationship ;).

Of course, "The Titans" is kinda vague, so it could be something original or even Greek-related for the League to fight. Maybe it's a Wonder Woman focused movie :)?

But yeah, definitely not related to the New 52 comic canon or storylines as far as I'm aware :confused:.

Reactions: Yojimbo

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
I'm guessing it is the Teen Titans that are going to be in this movie. If it was the actual Greek Titans from mythology they would have probably come up with a better title. As it is now it sounds like Abraham Lincoln Vs Zombies (which is a real movie believe it or not).

It would be pretty great if we had the debut of the Teen Titans in this new animated continuity. We have Nightwing, Cyborg and Starfire but there should be more considering how many members the JL has.

All in all I think this is the title I'm looking forward the most from the 3 announced.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
So it is the Teen Titans? Awesome, glad to have that confirmed :).

The DTV Line had been steadily moving towards more and more original content with each movie, just look at how they adapted Thrones of Atlantis and how Batman vs. Robin was a combination of stories that ended up being an original story featuring the Court of Owls, so not surprised that it's the case here ;).

I was starting to lean towards the idea of it being more likely that the League would be pitted against mythological Titans since, as much as I love the Titans, I don't think they're much of a match for the Justice League with all 8 members :eek:.

But that does leave me curious as to the roster for the team. We already have Nightwing, and Starfire is confirmed to be in this universe as well and in a relationship with him, though with Cyborg already on the League I'm not sure if he could have ever been a Titan (even if he is still in the age-range) o_O.

If we go by the tweets from the cast of the old show, Raven and Beast Boy might be in it as well :).

I think Aquaman and Wonder Woman are a bit too young as heroes to have had sidekicks yet, especially Arthur, but I could see them working in Donna and New 52!Cassie if they wanted a Wonder Girl on the team. And the same logic would probably apply to Flash and Kid Flash :cool:.

I wonder if they'll go with the team being something founded by Dick when he was still Robin, as per tradition?

RoryWilliams

Sep 19, 2010
The Tardis
It's probably not related to the JLA Vs. Titans series since that revolved around the Titans trying to protect Cyborg from the League. I assume Cyborg will be a Justice Leaguer rather than a Titan.

rggkjg1

You'll Believe A Man Can Fly
Mar 2, 2002
Philly Philly Earth-96
www.myspace.com
What???!!! A Justice League animated movie????!! Over in The Killing Joke (that announcement taking me by surprise as well) thread I wondered if it was even in the slightest realm of possibility we would get one after The Killing Joke. Man, a Batman movie and a Justice League movie. My mind was blown in The Killing Joke thread, if it's possible for my mind to blown even more, it is now.

If it's the New 52 animated Justice League, I think we're doomed. I don't like the portrayals of some of the characters in those movies, but that's because they are somewhat portrayed that way in the comic they are adapting. With something all original now, is Green Lantern going to be a bigger tool/dumbass? Is Captain Marvel going to act even more like a kid? Is Batman going to be even more "cooler" than he already is?

The only question left I guess is, will this be a JUSTICE LEAGUE movie or a TEEN TITANS movie with Justice League in the title?

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
It's nice to have confirmation this is indeed the Teen Titans we're going to see in the movie. The line-up is still a mystery, as is the plot. As long as they can come up with a decent idea as to why these two teams have to fight, I think everything will work out fine. I'm curious to see what original story they can invent and fit into the New 52 animated universe.

Mostezli

Corroborating with EVIL
May 28, 2014
Placing my bet on JL being mind controlled by Lex, so now the Titans have to put them down or vice-versa.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Spitballing here, but I wonder if they're going to back to the JL vs TT crossover idea they had for the two animated series back in the day and loosely adapt some story ideas like they did with World's Collide for Crisis on Two Earths.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
I guess it could work if the Justice League was mind-controlled (maybe Starro?), except for Cyborg who recruits the other future Titans to fight the heroes. In the end the Teen Titans would be officially formed and Cyborg would leave the League. John Henry Irons/Steel could take his place on the League, to keep the racial diversity intact. Just a thought, probably won't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy 51st Birthday to MCU Ant-Man's Paul Rudd
Happy 24th Birthday to Bunk'd star Miranda May
Happy 22nd Birthday to Bunk'd and Jessie's Peyton R. List
Happy Birthday to the great Akira Toriyama!
Today, variety in my country's Cartoon Network's schedule has died.
I'm Planning to make a New Qubo schedule With Several New and Returning Shows (With one of them being Jacob Two-Two), No Paid Programming and the Return of the 4 hour Marathons.
Today marks the 10th Year Anniversary of Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated and the 7th Year Anniversary of its series finale. It ended up becoming my favorite adaptation of the Scooby-Doo Franchise and found out about Lewis Black by name (I had heard his voice in some earlier shows).